Hello 40 brand New First Baby scared.

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Hello,
I just wanted to introduce myself & share my story, it may be too long sorry about that

My name is D. I am 40 turning 41 in March. I finally met the love of my life 3 years ago and finally got married. and decided to take out my IUD .

We did not get pregnant. So after 3 years I figured it was not meant to be and id continue along my career path as we are both professional Athetes I grieved a lot and put the idea completely out of my mind. as I had decided if it did not happen naturally I just would not be a mommy.

Iv been able to compete with girls half my age and still have success so I put having a baby out of my mind completey & forged on with my career. and low and behold My husband and I don't see eachother for 3 weeks, have sex 1 day he leaves out of the country, I go on a well needed cruise/vaca with the girls just to come back and find out im Pregant.

I am now 5 1.2 or 6 weeks and am SO excited but really really nervous and scared, it came as a complete shock as we tried everyday for 3 years and nothing, I spent thousands on Home test, and this last time when I took it I wasn't expecting to see anything (for the first time in 3 years)

For me it really came true what they say about not trying and then it happening. I never beleived in that old wives tale until it happened to me.

Anway I am complete OCD and because of the drinks I had on vaca, the benzos for the plane ride and the pain meds I had taken for a injured neck was completly freaking out and have spent 5 miserable days on the web seeking answers trying to make sure I did not harm my baby.

I have been having weird pains in my right side (before) I knew and it is still painful underneacth my right rib cage and lower back at time. I went to ER they did a Vaginal ultrasound everything looked perfect even a little fetal pole but no heart beat. nothing in my kidneys or liver

2 days later I got sick and went back to the docs for light brown discharge, they said everything looks fine onyl still not heart beat.. I realzie its to soon, but I have another VUS for monday to see that heart beat, IM scared & nervous because my obg said if we do not see it then I could be in trouble, as for 5/12 6 weeks my baby is developing so their should be a heart beat. Also I have a bad cold so I have not been excersizing. I am wondering if my baby is not getting a heart beat because of my own body and lack of current excersize.

If anyone has any expierience with this id love to hear from you

Thank you for listening to my story

D
March 3rd, 2010, 08:40 AM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
I know more then a week went by since you posted this thread. What was the outcome of your Check on Monday. Hope all is well.

March 8th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Hi and welcome, I glad you found JM and I'm sorry none of us got a reply to you sooner.

Have you had your follow up and if so how did it go? The heartbeat will normally be detecting at 6 weeks, but even a day can make a big difference this early on so if you went in at 5.5 weeks, then I wouldn't have expected you'd see anything.

I hope all is well and that you're able to check back in with us and let us know how you're doing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search