Hey

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Isabelle posted an invite to this site. I am a mommy to an angel and just turned 37 this year. I hope that is ok is around 40 though.
I am mostly at the TTCAL forum page a lot.
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page
March 12th, 2010, 12:38 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
Hi I am Brigitte mom of 3. 2 girls and a boy. I will be 40 in June so checking out the room head of time. I co-host the Thirtysomething Mommies right now.

March 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Hi there

I recognize you from the TTCAL board. I'm in there too. Just had a loss in February. So sorry about your loss. BFP's to us both soon

Welcome!!

March 12th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Veteran
It would be nice to have any mom who is considered of "advanced baby making age" in this forum. It would be nice to talk to others going thru the same thing and undergoing the same test. This is really a lot for someone to do on there own..its nice to have a good support system online. The September/October boards are mostly young girls who don't have the same complications or fears I do.

March 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNeme View Post
It would be nice to have any mom who is considered of "advanced baby making age" in this forum. It would be nice to talk to others going thru the same thing and undergoing the same test. This is really a lot for someone to do on there own..its nice to have a good support system online. The September/October boards are mostly young girls who don't have the same complications or fears I do.
We're here for you
I'm the oldest in my PR.
Once we get pregnant next time I'll be getting a CVS test done. I'm nervous but for us it's the right decision. Due to my age, my recent loss and just mine and my husbands decision.

March 12th, 2010, 02:09 PM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
Hi there

I recognize you from the TTCAL board. I'm in there too. Just had a loss in February. So sorry about your loss. BFP's to us both soon

Welcome!!
Yes that is where I saw your post about this place. Even if I am not 40 something yet I thought I would just pop in to say hi. Anyway I am sure staying around in TTCAL more frequently.
I am sorry about your loss as well. It is never easy and I am a bit down about it now as well being that this month was the EDD month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemomof3 View Post
Hi I am Brigitte mom of 3. 2 girls and a boy. I will be 40 in June so checking out the room head of time. I co-host the Thirtysomething Mommies right now.
Do you have a live link to the Thirtysomething Mommies? The scrolling text for the Thirtysomething mommies link in your signature does not seem to work (at least not for me).
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page
March 12th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJsMommy View Post
Yes that is where I saw your post about this place. Even if I am not 40 something yet I thought I would just pop in to say hi. Anyway I am sure staying around in TTCAL more frequently.
I am sorry about your loss as well. It is never easy and I am a bit down about it now as well being that this month was the EDD month.

So sorry for your loss. Hugs.
xxx

March 12th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
We're here for you
I'm the oldest in my PR.
Once we get pregnant next time I'll be getting a CVS test done. I'm nervous but for us it's the right decision. Due to my age, my recent loss and just mine and my husbands decision.

If you don't mind me asking..how old are you? Do you think that after doing the NT test and getting the first trimester blood testing in for chromosome issues the CVS test should be done? I don't know my results yet and next Friday I will have the NT screening done. I have read the CVS test itself can cause issues toward the baby and the mom. Any thoughts?

March 13th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNeme View Post
If you don't mind me asking..how old are you? Do you think that after doing the NT test and getting the first trimester blood testing in for chromosome issues the CVS test should be done? I don't know my results yet and next Friday I will have the NT screening done. I have read the CVS test itself can cause issues toward the baby and the mom. Any thoughts?

I've done a ton of research on this procedure (CVS) and spoken to my OB of course. I mentioned to my OB about just waiting for the NT test and then getting the CVS test done if the numbers come back questionable. My OB said that as we get older the chances for a false positive are greater. So we are just skipping this test and going straight to the CVS test.

I'm 41. I'll be 42 in November. If you do get the CVS test done, make sure your OB sends you to someone that only does these procedures and has thousands of them under their belts. You want someone that does this procedure day in/day out. In other words a complete professional. My OB said she can perform a CVS but she wants me and her patients to see someone that does a handful a day. Every day.

Hope this helps. I just know that for us (husband & myself) this is the way to go for us, with my age and our recent unexpected loss it just makes sense for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search