Need Ideas

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2010, 12:07 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
This is for all the mommies out there, current members, past members and lurkers. I would like to know what you would like to see on this board. I would like to see it get moving again. I know we are all busy in real life and so on but I am sure everyone can help make this work.

September 8th, 2010, 04:37 PM
marmeeof5's Avatar Host of Green Mommies
I would like to see more action! It would be nice to meet new friends!!
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

September 9th, 2010, 09:47 AM
That is what i was thinking. I work 2 jobs but still manage to post. I would like to see it moving in here and i am sure we can. That is a great family picture

September 10th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Thanks! Thanksgiving is my holiday to have all the married girls/families with me so we always take our Christmas picture then. This year's pic will include a new grandblessing! I wish she would have this baby! We have been here in PA for 4 weeks today waiting. It's going to be a homebirth and I'm a doula. I'm soo excited! Maybe today!!!!
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

September 10th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Brigitte, Any idea what happened to Charlotte (happymomof4)? Did she ever get plugged in here? We have alot in common. Maybe we need to call this the September chat thread.

September 10th, 2010, 07:08 PM
no not sure. That is what this thread is for to chat about anything lol. Wow a doula. Did you have do do alot to become one. I never used one but the idea of one is great. ohhhhhhhh I just noticed you love chocolate to. I am a chocoholic lol

September 11th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I love chocolate, especially dark!

I love birth! I went to a 4 day training course in Nashville with DONA (Doulas of North America). Then there was reading, and you had to attend 3 births. That's the part I didn't complete with them. I had 5 births lined up and only made it to one! Babies don't follow our timetables, you know. But I have attended about 15-20 births, so I am not DONA certified, but I am a trained Doula!

I was blessed to be at my first granddaughter's birth in FL. It was amazing to see my firstborn baby give birth to her firstborn baby!! Then I was going to attend my other daughter's first birth in PA and I missed it by 2 hours! She was 3 weeks early.

Soooo..... 4 WEEKS ago, when she was 37 weeks along again and thought she was in labor, we rushed to PA.....and it stopped! We are still here and waiting. It has to come some time. My sil is so kind to let us stay and wait it out!

Have a great day and trust me....The whole world will hear when this baby is born!!

September 13th, 2010, 05:25 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! My name is Missy and I am 41 and a mommy of 3 boys and 2 angels. Can I join?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 14th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hi Missy nice to meet you. I am Brigitte mom to 3 and 1 angel. Everyone is welcome here. jump right in. Sorry for your losses. Can't wait to meet you.

I bet Mary. My mom was at my oldest birth as well. My daughter was her first grandchild . She missed my other 2's births.

September 20th, 2010, 05:28 AM
My heart's desire is to be at my grandchildren's births and make their birthday cakes! That could get sticky as 5 girls eventually are having babies, but God always seems to work it out!

Welcome Missy!

September 21st, 2010, 07:24 AM
sounds like it will be a busy time for you then

September 22nd, 2010, 05:08 AM
I hope so! What are you up to today? The midwife is coming here for a check-up and we are going to walk to the library later.

September 22nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
happymomof4's Avatar Veteran
Hi everyone. Been lurking lately. Not much going on here.

Missy welcome.

Charlotte

September 25th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Glad to see you Charlotte! Things have been busy around here with a new baby in the house! He's wonderful! I have 10 more days with them and then it's back to KY and reality....

September 25th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Veteran
Hey everybody! Not sure that I've introduced myself... I'm Tricia (41) single mom to Daniel (19 months). I've posted in other groups in the past but my computer kinda died but I recently got a new one so I'm back.
September 26th, 2010, 12:00 PM
happymomof4's Avatar Veteran
Tricia welcome.

Mary have a great time in PA. Where are you in PA? I live in the SE area.

Charlotte

September 29th, 2010, 05:48 AM
We are in south central PA- Greencastle- just north of Hagerstown, MD.

Welcome Tricia! Glad to have you on here!

We need to make applesauce today! We got lots of free apples. Have a great day. I'll try to get on later, but with 6 people and no TV and 1 computer, it's in high demand!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search