Age Appropriate Chores

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
Do your kids have chores? Is so, at what age did you start each chore?

Oh yeah, my kids have chores! Kolby started having to keep his room picked up at around 6, so that means, now, Riley gets to help.
Since Kolby is older, he has more responsibilities: taking out the trash occasionally, picking up the yard, and unloading the dishwasher (this is a new one started this summer, partly because I HATE to unload the thing. )

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

June 12th, 2013, 04:32 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Up until last week my kids had what I call chores on demand. Basically if I see something that needs to be done I tell them to do it and they do it.

I was not one to give allowance because I feel all members of the household should contribute in the household.

Once David got to middle school he started eating a la carte items on top of regular lunch and it was costing us a small fortune. Hailey also likes to eat breakfast from time to time even though she ate breakfast at home. So we decided to give them a small allowance to be used for those extra's at school above what we pay for for lunch.

Now this summer with school being out I am giving them chores to do through out the day to help occupy their time. They actually like doing it and it's a major help to me so I don't have as much to do after work in the evenings and I'm actually being able to sit down when I come home. It's great!

Their rooms have always been their responsibility since they started school.

For household chores David vacuums the whole house, loads and unloads the dishwasher, does some laundry (wash, dry fold), feeds the animals, clears the table after dinner and mows when needed (only when we are home)

Hailey helps feed animals, empties and takes out trash through out the house, set's the table, unloads the dish washer, dust's.

And they do other odd jobs like organizing the tupperware cabinet or what ever I think of for them to do

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search