August chat

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello ladies, how is August treating you? What's going on with you?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

August 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
It's heating up in Texas! 104-105 the past couple of days. Supposed to "cool off" by the weekend. LOL 98-99. Get out the coats.

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

August 9th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Yuck to 104-105 temps. Hope it does cool down for you soon.

It's actually been pretty decent weather in VA lately...80's

I recently joined a fitness group on meetup/facebook and am focusing on losing weight and getting into shape.

I started a diet back in May, lost 8 pounds, gained 2 back and just seemed to be stagnant for a while so I figure joining a group would help motivate me. And it worked.

I attended a fitness bootcamp on July 27th. It was fun and a great workout. I've been power walking a mile every morning since. If it rains I substitue with an areobic video. I tell you, I feel so much better from walking.

This past Monday the group started a 12 week challenge. I am so excited. The lady who did the bootcamp is a personal trainer and she is donating her time and expertise to the challenge participants.

There's even a change to win some money to the ones who lose the most.

August 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM
That is awesome! I need something like that. lol

August 11th, 2013, 08:55 AM
What a blah Sunday this is turning out to be.

I've been having some issues with my ankles here lately and it's causing me a lot of pain. The tendons on the insides of my ankles are flared up. Advil helps take the pain away but it's putting a damper on my exercising.

Last night I got very very sick from something I ate at dinner and was up sick til 1am. I just braved toast with peanut butter on it and so far so good.

It's almost 11 am and I have accomplished nothing so far today...blah

August 12th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Sorry you were sick, but glad you're feeling better!
I haven't accomplished anything today either. We were up way too late last night.
On a side note-I cleaned the boys' carpet yesterday, and now their room smells horrible! a strange mixture of dirty feet, BO, and dog. gross. Any suggestions?

August 12th, 2013, 07:27 PM
oh no! I would almost pull it up cause if getting it wet makes it smell like that I'd say it needs to be replaced. If that's not an option I would wash it several more times.

Do you have access to a rug doctor?

There's a spray called Ozium that is a very good air sanitizer to eliminate odors, you could try that

August 13th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Yeah, we own a rug doctor mighty pro. I wonder if the ones you can rent are more heavy duty. I didn't do anything with the carpets yesterday but I plan to today. I hate stinky carpets! Every once in awhile, when we walk down the hall, the floor creaks, they have probably covered up beautiful wood floors with the carpet. lol.

August 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Yep you probably do have nice wood floors under the carpeting.

Hope you can get the stink out

August 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM
What are you up to today?

August 14th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
5yods and I had a nice visit with some new friends. We went to the library and the beach together and the weather co-operated. It was nice to get out of the house after a week of fairly intense canning. I'm not ready for summer to be over yet! It usually continues into September where I live, but my friend is new to the area and doesn't know that yet.

Dana, I have wood floors and I love them! They're so much easier to maintain than carpets and they don't stink. My landlord was happy about not having the expense of putting in carpet for us before we moved in. We've been here for ten years now.
August 14th, 2013, 07:41 AM
We have summer until late September, sometimes in to October and usually go straight into Winter. What all do you can? Do you grow your own produce?

I would love to have wood floors!

August 14th, 2013, 10:39 AM
it's 67 here in VA right now and suppose to be 40's tonight...crazy

August 14th, 2013, 11:31 AM
wow that's great! It's in the 80's here and is supposed to get down to the 60's tonight. I'm excited. And there may be some rain headed our way. (but rest assured, we will get back to our regularly scheduled weather soon. )

August 14th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Hello,

I'm new to the board and happy to be here. I'm 41 and this is my first full month off birth control. I took 7 BC pills in the beginning of my cycle last month so wasn't TTC until August. I am 5 DPO today and really just happy that I've seen a temp shift and think I've ovulated. I have four children, two teenage daughters and two little boys who are not yet school age. My oldest daughter and youngest son are both September babies. My daughter is almost 16 and my son is almost 3.

I took an MRI which spotted a ton of potential problems but non of them are panning out, thankfully. They thought I may have a pituitary adenoma which can potentially cause fertility problems. I then decided to get off the pill and see if my fertility was compromised. So here I am in my first cycle off.

So, like I said I am 5 DPO today and I think I have an actual chance of being preggers? I keep thinking my symptoms are just normal cycle stuff that I haven't been used to because I've been on BC for a while. I guess I'd like to ask what you all think. Yesterday, on 4 DPO I had a significant temp dip and brown spotting in creamy cm on toilet paper. (Sorry, TMI I know). I was also able to smell everything. I have been constantly running to the restroom. I swear I have went three times in the last half hour? My temp was way up this morning and I could tell it would be - my body felt like an oven last night. I've had some typical symptoms like slight cramping, nipple pain, bloating, gas, constipation etc... as well. I have also been very hungry and get nauseated if I don't eat something FAST after getting this way. I had implantation and BFP extremely early with my last pregnancy and my dates were confirmed by early ultrasound so I know it's possible to get implantation at 4 DPO.

Feedback is , of course, greatly appreciated.

Thanks
August 14th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Dana, I only do water bath canning right now: fruits, jams and jellies, tomato products, and pickles. I have a large freezer for my veggies. Unfortunately, my landlord doesn't let me have a garden so i have to get my goodies from the farmer's market, a CSA, or friends' excess.

LSJ: OOH!!! OOOH!!! OOOH!!!! Do you have a fertility friend chart I can stalk? I'm so excited for you! If that was MY body, those would be extremely promising symptoms. You're the same age I was when i was TTCing my now-five year old and i have a LOT to say about unnecessary scaremongering of older mamas.

It would be statistically unlikely for a random 41 year old to naturally conceive during her first cycle off the pill but you're not a random statistic and neither is little ds, who is healthy, happy, sassy, full of fun, close to his siblings, reading at a young age, and sitting right next to me.

TTC is different in our 40s, but so worth it; it took me two years to get ds but I'm so glad I didn't give up and learning about how my body works has helped me to appreciate, understand, and enjoy the journey of menopause (so far; I'm not done yet) instead of wanting to medicate it away.

This is prime time for you--the celebrities you see giving birth in their late 40s and early 50s are using donor eggs and there is a huge market for this "profitable industry" that I don't want to be a target for nor do I want to see you or anybody else lose your dreams and life savings from thinking that you can wait "just a little bit longer" because you have been deceived into not knowing that "just until I get a better job" or "just until we can afford a bigger house" is too late.

/soapbox

/chatty cathy newbie settling in and settling down
August 14th, 2013, 08:56 PM
One more one more thing: I got my BFP at 10dpo but that was unusual. Peeing on a stick too early can be expensive! Since this is your first cycle TTC, you probably don't need but so much hand-holding, but I'm here for you anyway and I'm pretty unshockable if you need encouragement to hold off just a little bit longer or reassurance after $500000000000000000000000000 worth of BFNs that don't mean a darned thing because it's too early for a BFP anyway.

Get the dollar store tests this time and if there is a next time, order the cheapies from early pregnancy tests dot com. They're every bit as effective as the name brands that costs ten times as much, if you don't already know that from your preschoolers.
August 15th, 2013, 06:39 AM
noordinaryspider: YAY! keep up the great work!

LSJ: Welcome! How exciting! Those symptoms sound wonderfully promising to me (but I was never one to count days, I just let things lie until missed AF lol). Keep us posted! I'm Dana, BTW, I have 4 kiddos and one grand-baby.

August 16th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Thanks so much kolby'smom! Was gagging a lot last night and this morning and also have had the sniffles for a couple days. Lots of butterflies in my abdomen last night and temp up again so still hopeful. Planning on testing w FRER at lunchtime. Realize this is a waste of a good test but got a BFP at 7 DPO w last pregnancy three years ago. So, here's hoping for another miracle!
August 16th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Good Luck!! KUP!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search