Having babies after 40.......

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2004, 09:34 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A questions for Moms that gave birth when they were young & after being in their 40`s.........Just wondered if your body was alot different after having your babies older then when you were younger? If so how different?

I had my older kids when I was 16, 19 & 25 years old. All went great with concieving, carrying them & giving birth to them.All 3 were very healthy!!! My daughter, Regina weighed 7 pds. 4 ozs. My Boys weighed ..Jeremy~10 pds. 8 ozs. & Jared~ 9 pds. 3 ozs. No problems at all........I took my extra weight off fast after having them...No stretch marks!

I know my body is a little different now that I am almost 41 years old. Just wondering how much different it will be if at all. {I am very healthy...I have never smoked......do not drink either} And I am very fit!
What do you girls think?

November 15th, 2004, 04:27 AM
zonapellucida
Even thought I have been having babies all along I can tell you pg at 35 is soosoooo much harder than pg at 20. BUT you have the benefit of being in great shape right now so as long as you keep up exercising you should manage, What I do expect is that you are going to be hit hard by the HORMONES. After a 6 year break in baby making my M/S was unbearable. I would have to pull over in the car so I could puke, TMI. And I was exhausted to the point that I slept for the first 4 months at least.

(OOHHHH I am so happy for you!!!! I had to share with my family, LOL, since the kids aked why I was so excited!)
November 15th, 2004, 10:34 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by zonapellucida@Nov 15 2004, 07:27 AM
Even thought I have been having babies all along I can tell you pg at 35 is soosoooo much harder than pg at 20.* BUT you have the benefit of being in great shape right now * so as long as you keep up exercising you should manage,* * What I do expect is that you are going to be hit hard by the HORMONES.* After a 6 year break in baby making my* M/S was unbearable.* I would have to pull over in the car so I could puke, TMI.* And I was exhausted to the point that I slept for the first 4 months at least.*

(OOHHHH I am so happy* for you!!!!* I had to share with my family, LOL, since the kids aked why I was so excited!)
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Thank you Heidi! { You make me smile}
I have been feeling nausea alittle. My boobs are so sore & swollen.....Feel better when I have a bra on though.
Thank you for sharing with me. It really means alot. I`m sure I`ll be chatting with you along the way..If you don`t mind!?

How have you been feeling?Good, I hope! You seem like such a stronge woman.

November 17th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Cindermella
I had my last term pregnancy at 39 and it was my best (though it did have a poor outcome)

I am hoping for much of the same this time round

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search