Gray hair bites

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So who can feel me on this one? I must keep a perm in my hair, because me head is so big and straight flat hair looks weird on me. Besides, I tell me kids all the time that SOMEONE must keep the 80's alive. Anyway, so now I am starting to get serious gray hair, and go to color it, and then the perm dies. So it's either curly hair with gray, or flat yucky hair without gray. This is a no win situation. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
March 10th, 2008, 06:08 PM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE THE 80S HAIR
With me its my temples I dye my hair and boom 2 days later gray on the temples and I hate it...
March 11th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Its the grey chin hairs that bother me.

Color never killed any of my perms. Wonder why it is killing yours.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
March 12th, 2008, 01:44 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I color mine {probably way too much} because I`ve never seen a gray yet!!!Hummm, maybe it`s because my vision isn`t the best!

March 13th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Girls, Girls, Girls please don't color your hair!!!LOL I just let my go gray, I'm salt and pepper now. Do me a favor please. The next time you purchase a bottle of hair color I want you to do something first. I want you to get your glasses on, if you are like me, and look at the ingredients. If you don't know what they are, Google the words. I think you will be very surprised at how many chemicals are in the hair color products and how bad they are for you. Some of the chemicals have been linked to different forms of cancer. I'm not trying to scare you, but I use to color my hair and once I checked out the ingredients I stopped using hair color. Who cares if you have a little gray!!!! I think it makes me look distinguished!!!
May 27th, 2008, 03:07 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
bump
May 27th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Well, I tell ya. I've colored my hair for many, many years. I, too have gray, although thanks to Lo'Real no one will ever know it. lol I tried going natural years ago and hated the fact that my blonde hair (which I lighten to a very pale blonde) looked so ashy and dull. It's naturally dark ashy blonde which looks kind of gray to begin with. Now I know there are plenty of chemicals in hair color and I know that is one of the million and three things I should not do but do anyway but I gotta tell you. Until they outlaw the stuff, I will never go gray! Some women go a beautiful white gray and some go a pretty silvery gray. I go UGLY, DULL, ICKY gray. If I went white instead, I'd go for it. Since I can't control that naturally, I will control it chemically!
As far as the perm goes, I've never had one so I couldn't say. I'd ask a hair dresser who knows color.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search