Dani

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2008, 06:32 PM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Dani
I see your posts they are great !!!!!!
Glad your joining us here
Im shelly almost 44
2 kids Trista 22 ,Trav 16
1 grandson and another on the way

our Host is Tam she is a sweetie

keep the posts comin
and tell me about your son Iraq
March 20th, 2008, 12:48 AM
CyprusMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Dani!!
Nice to see you here this is a great board!!

I'm Janice a former NYer living in Cyprus
I am 45 and started having kids at a later stage in my life just waiting it out for the right guy
See you around

March 20th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Awwww...thanks guys for such a warm welcome! Do we have to give ages here? ::GULP:: Cuz I'm fffff---ffff---oh Lord I just can't say it....ffffffiii....drats. OK here goes. As of the 17th of February, I am no longer in my forties. That sounds better than fifty...YIKES! I said the dreaded "F" word and yes. Fifty IS the new "F" word!
Ya'll are gonna learn that I have a warped and sometimes juvenile sense of humor. (Oh grow up, lady! You're FIFTY after all!)
As I said yesterday, I have three kids of my own and four stepkids. Michael, my oldest and the oldest of the whole bunch is in Iraq. He's in the Marines Special Services attatched to an anti-terrorist unit. Yeah. He's a sniper (hence the target-practice-Easter-bunny of my earlier post...that's most likely the scenario with him anyway) I'm very proud of him mostly because he has overcome so much to follow his dreams. Yes, the Marines was his dream. Scary isn't it? Michael didn't get in until he was in his 20's because of severe back problems. Through determination and very hard work (and a pain threshold that would make most women who've recently given birth cringe!) He is also a master of Martial Arts and was offered the job of instructor for the Marine Corp but turned it down because he felt he could be of more use in the field. He's got top ranking on the firing range and can actually hit a target (with one of those special rifles they have) over a mile away! Beyond his military accomplishments, he's just a terrific person all around. He's funny and smart and...did I mention I am really proud of him?
I also have another son, Steven who is in Georgia right now going to college...or at least he will be soon. lol Steven would have loved to join his brother but couldn't because of a thyroid problem. Steven's my love bug. He's the one who will make some woman the best husband in the world (aside from my own anyway.) He's 20 and started out as "the fat kid" in school, getting up to 286 pounds in the 10th grade! One day, he decided he wanted to lose weight and get into shape...no doubt there was a girl involved in that motivation. So, he cut out fat and high calorie foods and started working out. He is now 6 ft tall and about 200 pounds of solid muscle! He's a fighter who hopes to turn pro in the next two years. He works out every day for a minimum of 4 hours--bodybuilding as well as fighting. (Mixed Martial Arts) He works two jobs and has recently "fallen in love" with a sweet girl who just may be that lucky one! (awwww...)
My baby and only daughter is Tori. She's 16 and a delightful girl. (and a teenager? How is that possible?) Tori is diabetic and has had a rough time controlling her diabetes. She's been hospitalized 17 or 18 times during the past 5 years and the doctor's say she may not be able to have kids. We're dealing with that. It would be a tragedy since she adores children but...who knows what the future holds? (Hopefully a cure!) She's funny and sweet (humor seems to be an abundant thing in this family...wonder why)
As for me, I recently celebrated my first anniversary with my hubby, Tom. We can't decide which one of us is the luckiest so we call it a draw. (Well he does. I know I am actually the luckiest) I'm starting a new job on Monday doing something I have absolutely no qualifications for other than I said yes when they asked if I wanted it so we'll see how that goes. It involves talking so I might be good at it. I'm an avid reader and writer (could you tell that already?) and just a basically happy person who likes people. Hopefully, I'll fit in here and have something to contribute other than my sometimes annoying habit of going on and on and on...perhaps I should close on that point.
So, there ya go. Me, in a nutshell.
Dani
March 20th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Hey Dani
I loved your post!! go on and on anytime you like
Your boys sound pretty fantastic..My respect to all our soldiers and moms !!
O and my mom was diagnosied with diabetes when I was 14 ..
I have a 16 yearold too that I think is a pretty great kid too.how did we get so lucky?
So where ya from??? im from Central NY home of the never ending snowwwwwwwww
Shelly
March 20th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hey Dani
I loved your post!! go on and on anytime you like
Your boys sound pretty fantastic..My respect to all our soldiers and moms !!
O and my mom was diagnosied with diabetes when I was 14 ..
I have a 16 yearold too that I think is a pretty great kid too.how did we get so lucky?
So where ya from??? im from Central NY home of the never ending snowwwwwwwww
Shelly[/b]
Snow...snow....snow....gosh that word sounds so familiar but...Oh yeah. Cold white stuff that wreaks havoc on traffic, right?
Shelly, you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gonna hate me for this one! I live halfway between Orlando and Daytona Beach...about half an hour to either one! Right now I am sitting here with all my windows open, enjoying a rather rainy but warm day. Recently, it's been in the 80's and sunny. But...but...sometimes it gets cold. Please don't hate me! lol
Yeah, we are pretty lucky to have such terrific kids! (Gotta be a terrific mom to get terrific kids, right? Let's just say I am extremely lucky! LOL) As I am sure you know, diabetes is a tough disease to have. Tori ws 5 when she was diagnosed so she's pretty used to it. In fact, she really has never known what it's like to be a candy bar eating, corn chip crunchin kid. When she was a little one, I never let her have those things. I often wish I had indulged her just a little more while I could but...hindsight, right? About two months ago, she wound up in the hospital (again!) and her blood sugar went low. The nurse brought her a cup of orange juice and a chocolate chip cookie. You should have seen the look on her face! "A cookie, mom! A real SUGAR FILLED cookie!" Took her about ten minutes to eat that darn cookie but watching her savor every morsel was so cool! lol Life is full of little pleasures, isn't it?
So, tell me about ya'lls kids and families! Heaven knows you practlcally know my life's story by now...lol
Dani
March 20th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Man I love Fla ive been to your area a dozen times...My favorite Uncle had home in Daytona..My Hubby lived in Fla a few years as well.(Ormond Beach)

My kids ahhh a subject I love
Trista my oldest is 22 married to a trucker named James they have been married 4 years come May
and so far have given me a beautiful grandson Named Chase 2,and another lil boy is due July, Aiden .
She worked at a Bank as a Research Manager and I had Chase everyday almost. But now she is a stay at home mommy.They live in their first home(they just bought) about 15 min away.

My son Travis is 16
he is learning to drive, he is involved in acting,and is a self proclaimed comic.
he is girl crazy and funny and makes life interesting.and he has adhd which used to keep me hoping when he was little but now i cant get him out of bed lol

My hubby of 26 years is Chuck
he is the love of my life and a pain in my a** too
he loves his job at our Highway dept. and we are hardcore campers and Nascar fans.

Me I stay home now,
im crafty and help out at the highschool during play season.(costumes)
my mom has an apartment 5 min from me and Chucks mom lives next door i watch out for them both.

we have 2 dogs they are mutts and rule the roost.
well thats my nutty little world snoozeeeeee
March 20th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I envy you being able to stay home! I was able to for the past 8 months and I LOVED IT! With my first marriage I was always a stay at home mom and I could not have been happier....at least at being able to stay home. The marriage itself was miserable! Then when I divorced I naturally had to go back to work. The only thing I was qualified for was retail since I'd let my ex talk me out of going back to school to finish up my degree (LONG story...someday...you know how I am!) So, if I had to do retail...let's see. What do I really like? JEWELRY! Big mistake. 4 yrs as a manager and I have a beautiful collection but no savings. lol Then when the ex quit paying child support (another long story...you know you'll hear it eventually) I had to severely curtail my spending or lose my house. When Tom and I married last year, we had temporary custody of his kids and thought it was going to be permanent so I quit. SURPRISE! Mom gets her act together and decides she wants them back. Well ok she didn't REALLY get her act together but wanted them back anyway. So, after refinancing the house we decided I needed to stay home a bit. lol ok I decided. When it became apparent that we did indeed need to eat, I started looking for work again but did NOT want to go back to retail. I wanted to pretend to be normal and have weekends off. I don't know who I think I will fool about that normal stuff...maybe someone who doesn't know me. So, I start on Monday. We'll see how it goes.
Your kids sound terrific! I love funny people and I bet your son keeps you laughing. Michael has ADHD and I could tell you stories about that too. I can relate to the sleeping thing. OK, how can they be "hyperactive" and still sleep 17 hours a day? Doesn't make sense....now the attention thing, THAT I definitely see! All you have to do to see that is say they words "I would like you to clean your room." and boy that attention just shuts right down!
So grandbabies. Tell me. Is it as wonderful as it sounds? I can't wait! (Naturally, both Steven and Michael have let me know in no uncertain terms that I will have to wait a long time!) Ahhh...the pitter patter of tiny feet...or in my family's case...the CLOMP CLOMP of boat sized sneakers! Your daughter is so lucky to be able to stay home AND live close to her mom! I was clear across the country from my mom during those years. Now that she's nearby, kids are older and I have to go back to work. DRAT!
I love hearing about ya'll families. It's almost like sitting around over coffee and getting to know one another. Except ......that it takes a lot longer for the questions to get answered... and I don't get to see you...coffee'd be cold by now. OK it's nothing like that. I still like hearing about ya'll.
Dani
March 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Veteran
Welcome Dani. I am Suzy mother of Amanda 23 and Joshua 18. Grandmother to Jace 2 1/2 yrs.

March 20th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Welcome Dani. I am Suzy mother of Amanda 23 and Joshua 18. Grandmother to Jace 2 1/2 yrs.[/b]
Thank you Suzy! That must be Jace...what a SWEETIE! Oh, I wish I had grandbabies!!! (I should watch what I wish for when I have a 16 yr old daughter, huh?)
Thank you all so much for making me feel so welcome!
Dani
March 20th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Welcome to the group.
I win in the snow factory. You can't see out my windows from the snow any more.

I am in Montreal and I have 10 kids.

Emily 21, Malcolm 19, Brandon (the rental kid) 19, Eliza 17, Elenor 13, Elora 11, Logan 10, Erika 9, Ian 7, Donovan, and Kristian just turned 2.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
March 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Welcome to the group.
I win in the snow factory. You can't see out my windows from the snow any more.

I am in Montreal and I have 10 kids.

Emily 21, Malcolm 19, Brandon (the rental kid) 19, Eliza 17, Elenor 13, Elora 11, Logan 10, Erika 9, Ian 7, Donovan, and Kristian just turned 2.[/b]
Oh my gosh! I think you win on the snow AND kid factory! I can't imagine being snowed in with 10 KIDS! How do you handle that? Do they all still live at home?
People down here sometimes say "Oh, I miss the seasons and I miss snow." Yeah. I'll take my 60 degree winters any day of the week. I love snow. It's beautiful! I have pictures on my PC and when I'm out sitting by the pool in the sunshine, I sometimes pull them up and look at them. Yeah. Figure out a way to have snow at 80 degrees and I'll move back north. lol
My hat's off to you....it's a big, floppy sun hat.
Dani
March 21st, 2008, 04:25 AM
bah ha ha ha ha ha ha hah a

Your gloating

We go out in the winter. Nobody is trapped. I am buff from all the shoveling I have done too. Be jealous. And if anyone bullies you let me know.... I can take them out.

Apart from shoveling tho I prefer cold to hot. Your cold you can put on a sweater or turn up the heat. When your hot and your naked your still hot.
Hot and humidity gives me migraines.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

March 21st, 2008, 04:33 AM
My ideal is and I tell my sister inlaw this who lives in AZ.(120'+at times)

75 DEGREES ,SUNSHINE,LIGHT BREEZE ,BLUE SKIES,FLUFFY WHITE CLOUDS.

I dislike being too cold or too hot, I like mmm just right.
March 21st, 2008, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OK so now who's gloating? lol Yeah it gets a little....uh....warm here in the summertime. Humidity? I laugh at humidity! HAHAHAHAHA....Of course, while I am laughing, my hair is a gigantic frizzball! Thank God for scrunchies and yes, I know they are SO last year...or even the year before...ok 5 yrs ago. But...it keeps the frizz outta my face! And I am buff from all that rubbing in of suntan lotion. Ok I'm nowhere near buff but...no...not even tanned. Hmph. Rethinking this Florida thing now.
Dani
March 21st, 2008, 05:17 AM
nobody gloats about the cold.

I am a funny girl

Sanity is a cozy lie.

March 21st, 2008, 05:48 AM
lol
March 21st, 2008, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
nobody gloats about the cold.

I am a funny girl[/b]
Yeah, we don't gloat about frizzy hair either. BLAH! Oh well. I guess we both have our crosses to bear. So you come down here for the winter and I'll go up there for the summer! lol
Dani
March 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL..

Hey you girls...keep those post a coming...Love reading them!!!

WELCOME Dani!!

Thank you Shelly! I think you are sweet too!

March 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Thank ya ma'am...will do. Nice to have a forum where my silliness can be matched....may even be outdone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search