good luck Dani

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2008, 04:59 AM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck on the new job today Dani
March 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck...let us know how it goes,ok?

March 24th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla

Awww you guys! Thank you so much!
Well it wasn't quite the job I thought it was going to be but I'm going to hang in there and see if I pick it up. My boss, Atilla the Hunn, was about as charming as a rattle snake and smiled twice all day--once when she short changed us on our lunch break and once when she let us out of our cage for a ten minute break and as we were leaving yelled out "NO SMOKING!" Geeeesh! At any rate, there is a lot to learn and no time to learn it in so I have HOMEWORK tonight! This fact THRILLED my daughter to no end! Yeah. You just wait kid. I get three personal days this year and I am going to take them when you're in school! HAH! Of course, they won't kick in until next school year but still!
At any rate, I sincerely appreciate all the well wishes and I will try my darndest to make ya'll proud of me!
Dani
March 24th, 2008, 05:23 PM
hehe hang in there
just think paycheck
March 25th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Well that is kind of disappointing.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
March 25th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Super Mommy
Hang in there. I'm so not going to work for a loooong time. I hope Atilla the Hun lightens up.
March 25th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh you guys are TOO AWESOME! Today was better AND worse. I don't think I will last very long here but I am going to try to make it work. I just don't want to reach the point where I think "Oh I don't want to go, I don't want to go, I don't want to go" each and every morning. Life's too short! But, until I reach that point (or something else comes along!) I'll stick it out. Oh, and I have MORE homework tonight!!!
Now. News! Got home today (to already made dinner thanks to DH!) and when I got on my computer there was a message. I've been selected to be the host of the Divorce and Separation board! WOOHOO! I have to figure out all those little blinkie blinkie thingies ya'll have so I can "fit in" lol (if only the job paid so I could stay home and do it full time, right? lol)
Anyway, you guys are the first ones I've told....not even my hubs! (he had to go pick up his son so he isn't home right now)
Dani
March 25th, 2008, 06:48 PM
YAY Host Dani

why do jobs have to suck
my dd asked me this once and i said if not they would call it really cool fun place instead of work

ive had a few doozeys in my day and few sweetttt ha bosses
and i have trouble with taking orders hehe i like to give them
and a job i loved where i stayed 3 years

brownie points to your hub and dinner all nice and ready for ya
what a guy
March 26th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, he is quite a sweetheart! I got lucky this time.
I think jobs can be great. I worked in retail management for 4 years and until that last year I loved it. Then I got a new regional and that was that. (Since I left, the department has suffered two major thefts--it's a jewelry department--and a change in the entire staff. Everyone says it just isn't the same since I left. At least someone missed me! lol) I just didn't want to do the retail hours anymore. It was fine before I got married but Tom has off on weekends and I really hated getting out of my nice warm bed on Saturday mornings and going to work while he stayed home and worked on the house. I wanted to be able to do that too. I'm thinking I should have gone back into retail. lol I'm going to keep my resume out there in the hopes that someone will see it and say "She might be a good fit for us" and contact me. Barring that, I am going to sink $5 into the lottery every week and keep my fingers crossed. lol
Dani

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search