All good things...

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
...must come to an end. So it is with my job. lol
That didn't last long, did it? We kinda came to a mutual understanding that I was not cut out for it...in other words, I ain't got what it takes to do what needs to be done. Oh well. So tomorrow I hit the pavement again and start job hunting. I can't say that I am really upset. I didn't like it at all and really didn't think I was the right "type". Apparently, they agreed with me. The only thing that did bother me was the idea of coming home and telling my hubby that for the first time in my 2x25 years on the planet, I got fired! He was his usual, supportive and loving self. He gave me a big hug, told me he loves me and said "It's their loss, not yours. Don't worry about it. It just means there is something better out there that you need to be available to take!" Ain't he just the wonderfullest, bestest, sweetie-est, lovie-est terrificest????? Not even a second's worth of disappointment in me or anger or anything negative. Just pure, loving support. >sigh< I am so blessed!
Anyway, that's that. So, I am available if anyone needs an employee with a big heart and a loving husband! Not willing to relocate but will commute longer distances for bigger salary. lol
Wish me luck tomorrow!
Dani
March 26th, 2008, 07:32 PM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the way you see things
and he is a keeper
wear comfy shoes while out pavement hitting good luck
March 26th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Note to Self: Break out tennies for tomorrow. LOL

Thanks. I guess I just have a very positive and optimistic outlook and although things don't always go the way that I want them to, they always seem to work out for the best in the end. Which came first--the optimism or the end results? I don't know. Naive and Pollyanna-like? Possibly. I just would much rather look on the bright side and although sometimes that takes some effort to find, it's there if you look hard enough so I do. Thankfully, Tom is like that too. Hense the "availability for something better" response. Yeah. He IS a keeper. Thankfully, his ex didn't realise that so I get to keep him now! lol

Anyway, we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Dani
March 27th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Well I bet you are relieved because your post on your first day indicated you where less than thrilled with your boss.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
March 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Note to Self: Break out tennies for tomorrow. LOL

Yeah. He IS a keeper. Thankfully, his ex didn't realise that so I get to keep him now! lol[/b]
ROFLMAO!!!!! I was gonna say the same old chin-up stuff, but that line made me laugh because my dh's ex-satanic psycho didn't appreciate him, either - her loss, my gain!!!!!!!!!!
March 27th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you guys! You know, I am kinda relieved. I hated the job and knew it wasn't right for me...nor was I right for it. If ya hate it after three days, what are you going to feel like in three months? (if you last that long...which I of course, did not! lol) It's a blessing in disguise....I just hope I find something else real soon. Like...tomorrow? No luck today. But...some good leads so tomorrow could be it!
And you are absolutely right! It IS our gain and their loss. She realises that now and that's part of why she is such a ....witch. Yeah, I guess kicking yourself in the arse puts you in a really bad mood! lol
Anyway, thank you all for your support. I'm so glad I found this board!

Dani

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search