So yesterday I went

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
into the sess pool my boys call their bedroom and I cleaned it with the help of my 13 year old daughter who missed school because she had a dental appointment smack in the middle of the day.

It took us 3 hours to clean.
It filled 5 trash bags
It took 4 loads of wash in a triple capacity machine.

My son, who is a pig with a job, now must buy his sister a video game of her choice. He was saying of his choice but I want it to hurt in hopes that he won't let his room go that far again, so it is of her choice.

The upside here is the room is all the way all the way clean.
And all the sanitized.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
March 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Super Mommy
I'm thinking I'm gonna stay on top of my kids when they get to be teenagers. I don't know, best laid plans and all, but I'm gonna try to keep on top of them on a daily basis. What else can you do so that it doesn't reach that level?
March 27th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Quote:
I'm thinking I'm gonna stay on top of my kids when they get to be teenagers. I don't know, best laid plans and all, but I'm gonna try to keep on top of them on a daily basis. What else can you do so that it doesn't reach that level?[/b]
Oh, you are so naive. LOL We have a rule at our house. Friday afternoon at 6 DD and DSS have inspection. If they do not pass inspection, no one comes over, they don't leave, computers, TVs, music stays off and cell phones get confiscated UNTIL INSPECTION IS PASSED! They take turns with bathroom duty and they both have to clean their computer desks. Now. You would THINK that HER room at least (being a girl and all) would STAY clean but let me tell you it may be clean at 6 but by noon the following day it looks like she never touched it! LOL I have never in my life seen a child as messy as she is! I would tell you to start now to teach them but I started when the kids were toddlers! We used to make a game out of picking up toys before bedtime. I don't know where I went wrong with her but I messed something up. lol But...she is otherwise a great kid so I guess if that's the worst thing she does...

I can identify with you saying you spent four hours. I spent 6 one day last year on Tori's. Moved all the furniture around, vacumed everything...dusted...washed 873 loads of laundry....she came home from school and I said "SURPRISE! Now keep it this way!" "Oh I am going to!" NOT. A week later, I check on it and "WHAT THE &#^@%@$!!! HAPPENED IN HERE????" Never again will I spend MY time doing HER job! lol Oh well...she's 16...we're almost there! lol
Dani
March 28th, 2008, 08:39 AM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im thinking my boy is overdue on room cleaning
thanks he will be in there later today or tomorrow for a nice spring cleaning!!!

March 28th, 2008, 02:31 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great Daughter you have there...helping you the way she did!!! The Boys should be so thankful to You & their Sis!

March 28th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
6 pm inspection eh

Sounds good. Tho at 19 it gauls me that he doesn't clean it himself.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search