Apparently I don't look like

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
a woman that has 10 kids.

So now I officially want someone to discribe to me what a woman 44 years old with 10 should look like.

Because I am intrigued?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
March 27th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Super Mommy
Oh, idk, haggered, I guess.
March 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
What would she look like, huh? Well.....
First of all, she MUST have a rather frantic OH-MY-GOD-WHAT-HAVE-I-DONE look on her face because those of us with two to three kids have it so it must be exacerbated on her. She also (if you can imagine this one coupled with the last one) must have a look of bewilderment because those of us with two or three have that as well. She should also have a slightly "distant" look on her face because not only do we have that but it goes hand in hand with that I-GOTTA-GET-OUTTA-HERE-BUT-I-CAN'T-SO-I'LL-JUST-LEAVE-MENTALLY look that we have perfected. She and her husband can never agree because even if she DOES agree with him, he is wrong for giving her this many children and therefore, must be punished....severely! (dismemberment is always an option...and ya'll KNOW which 'memberment' I am talking about!!! lol) Her hair should be unkempt and she does not wear makeup because the ten to 18 year old females of the house have confiscated it. She wears tattered clothing and shoes with holes in the soles because all of her money is going to feed and clothe ten children. She has puke stains on her shirt and carries a ten pack of juicy juice in her purse along with forty seven packages of fruit snacks so she has no room for a wallet which is ok because she has no money anyway. Her car, or should I say BUS, is covered in cookie crumbs and juice stains and has every sports ball you can imagine rolling around in the back along with changes of clothes in every size from 6m to juniors 11. One arm is longer than the other from all the years of kids tugging on it screaming "MOM! HE HIT ME!" If you happen to take a meal with this woman, she will cut your meat for you while carrying on a conversation. She will then tell you to eat your vegies if you want desert. Before you leave the restaurant, she will ask you if you need to tinkle and when you reply to the negative, she will ask if you're SURE! While out shopping, if you do need to use the facilities, she will puff up her cheeks and exclaim "Why didn't you think of that BEFORE we left home?!?"

However, she will be the first one there when you need a shoulder to cry on and she will hold and comfort you all night long if need be. She will help plot revenge against the bloodsucking ingrate who hurt you and tell you how foolish he is do have done so and how inevitably he will regret it for the rest of his miserable life, dying with your name on his lips. She will also tell you when it's time to put it behind you and to stop wallowing in self pity. She'll help you up, help you to dust yourself off and get on with living a life that has most definitely been enriched by having her by your side.

I could be wrong but somehow....
Dani
March 28th, 2008, 07:41 AM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She would look like Mel the only woman with 10 kids I know..and she would make it all look easy
March 28th, 2008, 01:28 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mel, I`ve told you before you look great!!! And 10 children Wow, amazing!!! My hats off to you!!!

March 30th, 2008, 01:50 AM
CyprusMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A woman unkept, old and miserable

NOT!

We all know a woman of 10 kids is adventurous, creative, funny, goddly and most of all LOVING!! On top of all that she LOOKS happy surrounded by her kids!
You are all of that Mel and more!!!

March 30th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I guess it bothers me because I don't sterotype people and here I am being judged soley on the amount of times I have given birth.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

March 30th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I guess it bothers me because I don't sterotype people and here I am being judged soley on the amount of times I have given birth.[/b]
I sincerely hope that you don't think I judge you! Personally, I think you are awesome! I would have had more children if I could have. I lost one who was stillborn and had 4 miscarriages. Had I been able to, I would have had many more kids. I hope you know that my earlier post was an attempt at humor and not a judgement or an assault on you for having a big family. Anyone who does judge you, 1. doesn't know you or the kind and fun peson that you are and 2. doesn't merit any thoughts on your part. Don't let it bother you. I know that is easier said than done sometimes. I used to get some of that and I only have three! I had one person say to me "What are you? Catholic or Mormon?" I responded with "I'm neither, thank you very much but even if I were, how is that your business?" People can be really stupid sometimes and insensitive and complete jerks. I should know. Sometimes I am. lol I don't mean to be, though and if anything I said earlier hurt or upset you I sincerely appologise. I'd never want to say anything that bothered you or any of the members of this board.

Dani
March 30th, 2008, 12:59 PM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe they meant dang you look so fab
man if I had 10 kids id look HE**
just a guess
Was there a tone or something ????? See when you posted it I just thought heck they thought she looked so young ect.

Ive known a few women with big families (YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST AND I BRAG YOU UP ALL THE TIME)
I just always think you go girl..

On a personal level did you always know you wanted alot of kids ??
I ask because im really starting to worry when Trav leaves im going to take empty nest syndrome bad REAL BAD !!
I wish I had at least 4 now.
But for me personally I wouldnt want to have a baby now.
Its more of wish I knew now what I didnt know then.

But im pleased as punch to have lil ones in my life with my grandbabies
Shell
March 30th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Quote:
I guess it bothers me because I don't sterotype people and here I am being judged soley on the amount of times I have given birth.[/b]
Who said it Mel ? Well, I think they have nerve!! I really look up to you...and as I have said before I sure wish John & I would be able to have atleast another little one together... Children are a Blessing..

March 30th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Someone I met at he mall this week
Bothered me cause its not the first time.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

March 31st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Bothered me cause its not the first time.[/b]
Sometimes people should just mind their own business huh?
Since having Miranda I have had a few strangers say things they could have kept to themselves...like ..asking me if she was a oopsy??/ I thought what kind of crap question is that?? I of course would say ..No way...She was very much planned & VERY MUCH WANTED!!! Then they look & feel like fools!!!!

I guess that is why I always think things through before speaking to others...I really do not like to offend anyone! Just not my way!

March 31st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Bothered me cause its not the first time.[/b]
Sometimes people should just mind their own business huh?
Since having Miranda I have had a few strangers say things they could have kept to themselves...like ..asking me if she was a oopsy??/ I thought what kind of crap question is that?? I of course would say ..No way...She was very much planned & VERY MUCH WANTED!!! Then they look & feel like fools!!!!

I guess that is why I always think things through before speaking to others...I really do not like to offend anyone! Just not my way!

[/b]
People can be so rude and obnoxious sometimes...and NOSEY! When I had Tori and would walk with her and my two sons, people would say "So you FINALLY got a little girl, huh? Aren't you glad it wasn't a boy?" As though I would have sent her back if she'd been a he. People are just plain rude! I would have loved to have had more but my ex would not "allow it". He was very controlling and everything was the way he wanted--when we had kids, how many, how far apart they were...all of it. If I had been married to Tom back then, I would have had a houseful! He's a terrific father to his 4 and to my 3. He's so involved and truly enjoys all the kids. Tori has told me that he is more of a father to her than her own biological father is. I went through menopause early so it isn't an option for me but if it were, I would have another one in a heartbeat!
Mel, ignore them. They're just jealous that they don't have it in them! I think your kids are ###### lucky to have you AND all their brothers and sisters!!!
Dani
April 2nd, 2008, 04:22 AM
CyprusMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For all it's worth since I don't know all the circumstances it may be that they are trying to give you a compliment. I believe most people are shocked that anyone would have 10 kids!!! I mean the avg no. of kids is 2.5 still?? Don't think about what they think. It's too much guess work. You just live the blessed life you have to your hearts content!!! You rule!

April 2nd, 2008, 09:14 AM
perhaps it is a compliment but it comes across as a compliment laced with sarcasm.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search