Where did you first meet your dh?

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Super Mommy
I met mine online in the dark ages of the internet - 12-1/2 years ago. We agreed to meet at a swanky shopping mall in the area. We met, went to the food court, got something to sip on, talked for a bit, then went to another area and stopped by a pizza joint for a slice. I insisted on paying for my own. He tried to insist that he pay, but . . . The next week he invited me to his office Christmas party. That was our first real date.
March 27th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Oh, I love the internet!!!
I'd been using two or three different online dating services off and on for about two years. I'd had some horrible dates, found some new friends and even had one 8 month long relationship that was, for me anyway, serious at one point. Having been back on for about a year and having some of the WORSE luck you can imagine, I had pretty much decided to drop the accounts and resign myself to being single. I decided 3 more months was about all I could take of that nonsense! So I renewed my membership one last time. Tom had JUST began his membership and had talked to a few women and had a couple of dates when he came across my profile and said "Hmmm...she seems kinda nice." So he wrote me a note and we corresponded for about two weeks before we exchanged numbers. We talked on the phone for another two weeks and HE says by the time we met, he knew I was THE ONE! He said our first date it was up to me to "blow it" because he had already cancelled his membership. (I cancelled my two months later when I remembered I hadn't done so and was about to get auto-renewed! LOL) I think the thing that did it for him was one night while we were talking on the phone and he was telling me how confused he'd felt when his mother left his father. They were driving to Wisconsin (their new home) and his mom and sister were talking about his dad. He said he felt so alone in that car and didn't really understand why. I told him how I felt about parents talking trash in front of (or with) their kids. --Since a child is half one parent and half another, when they say they hate the other parent, the kid feels that they hate the half of them that comes from the other parent. He had this "light bulb" moment and he went, "You know what? That is IT in a nutshell! I never thought of it that way!" From that moment on, I felt a change start to happen in our "relationship" and so did he. He tells me now that no one has ever understood him the way I do and that we were destined to be together somehow. (Yeah, he's such a romantic! lol) Anyway, we had a wonderfully romantic first date which included a walk along the river and dinner at this little restaurant that had live music--soft, slow dancing type of stuff--and then he took me to this little bar where he KNEW his ex was going to be because he wanted me to know there was nothing going on between them...see, he was living at her house at the time. LOL (she got herself into financial troubles so he moved back to the house to keep her from losing it....which she did anyway 2 months before we got married!) When he drove me back to my car, we sat and talked for two hours. Neither one of us wanted the night to end. All of the sudden he goes "Wait! You have off tomorrow, right?" "Yeah..." "Oh my God! We can go out tomorrow too!!" He waits until almost 4 in the morning to figure this out??? LMAO We spent the next 4 days by each other's side as much as we could (I'd scheduled myself a 4 day weekend that week...Thursday-Monday off) When Tuesday came and I got back to work, I had FOUR DOZEN ROSES waiting for me! I don't know to this day when he ordered them but they'd been delivered the day before and they were so pretty!!! Things moved really fast and he moved in soon thereafter. We got married on March 16th of last year and we have never had an argument, disagreement, harsh words or anything. We have the best communication between us and it seems like we've just always "been". He is not only my husband, but my best friend and confidant, my sounding board, my voice of reason and the love of my life! He keeps me grounded while still keeping my head in the clouds...He is, to put it bluntly, my very heart.
Dani
March 28th, 2008, 08:03 AM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jeepers because we have been together 26years we really grew up together.
I married Chuck when I was 18 and he was 22.and we had alot of fun for the first 4 years as wild and crazy kids.
And with that comes plenty of fighting, harsh words and slammed doors
Then we decided to have a baby and growup sort a speak.
Our story hmm he knew of me when I was like 15 we used to both rollerskate at the same place.
But being a gentleman he didnt persue me then ,till we met at my sisters wedding he was bestman and I was maid of honor.
That nite we went out after with the wedding party he said you know im going to marry you in a year I said ummmmmmmm I do not think so. I was dateing a football star.
There after everydayyyyyyy im talking months, he would leave the most gorgeous bougets of flowers on my doorstep.
and for my birthday he had a 17 red roses delivered..
Then he started calling and he was so sweet he actually listened to me when I talked.
Well to make a longgggggg story short my sisters marriage ended after 2 years and last year me and the hub clelebrated our Silver Anniversary at a huge party hosted by our kids and grandbaby.
We still fight now and then but were really too tired to do it often.
We have been thru so much there isnt enough time to write about the struggles up downs and all arounds.
I really cant remember ever being without him he is my soulmate hands down.
Funny thing is he still sees that same 17 yearold girl when he looks at me, he thinks im beautiful and sexy and funny and loves to show me off, he still treats me like his princess 100 pounds heavier gray hair and all...
crazy guy hehe
March 28th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
He doesn't sound crazy to me at all! He sounds pretty darn smart! He knew a good woman when he saw one! HIGH FIVE CHUCK!
Dani
March 28th, 2008, 01:24 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The first time my Hubby & I ever met was at a funeral...later we talked on the phone a few times...then through e.mails...then met face to face well after that....now over 5 years later here we are....HAPPY AS CAN BE!!! We feel GOD has his ways of bringing people together!! THANK YOU GOD

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search