Double stroller that you use??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Advice & useful information from BTDT mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2009, 04:16 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wondered how many of you have a double stroller. I would like to get one but my husband doesn't.

If you would indulge me...

What brand(s) stroller do you use?
Pros?
Cons?
Do you ever wish you didn't get a double stroller and just did it some other way? What would that be?

Thanks for your input!!

April 4th, 2009, 07:05 PM
MamaTo2Ls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to double check exactly what kind we have. We don't use it too often. Mostly if it's just one of us with the kids. It's easier that way. I love that they both have somewhere to sit. Less stress to push a stroller with one hand and hold the other child's hand. I hate that it's bulky. TBH, I'm looking at getting some kind of wagon for the summer. I think it would be more comfortable for them. Lucas already seems to be getting too big for it.

<a href="http://lilypie.com" target="_blank">

April 4th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have one that I used and still use at times, not sure the brand though. I like that i can put 2 in but it is very bulky and so hard to go into stores. It is also hard to make turns unlike my single one and extremely heavy so no lifting it up stairs. But I used it for taking the kids for walks, and that is about it since it wasn't practical for trips to the post office or store. The one pro is that is was great to take to the park, had a lot of room and much easier than one in the carrier and one in a stroller.
April 4th, 2009, 09:00 PM
IMakeBoys
I have a Graco Duo Glider and I love it! My boys both like sitting in it and looking around. It's kinda bulky but most double strollers are. It controls easily and I don't have any trouble pushing it.
April 5th, 2009, 01:56 PM
MommytoOliviaandCole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have the Kofcraft Contours Options Tandem, we love this stroller! It's easy to maneuver, has lots of space, the seats can face in different directions, the canopy on top is big so it keeps the sun out of their eyes.
The only con, it's a bit heavy but worth it!

Kolcraft.com - Product Detail

April 6th, 2009, 06:12 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I will give you my opinion on all the ones i have used, the first pram i got was:

What brand(s) stroller do you use? Obaby pink double stroller which you can see here: OBaby Apollo Twin - Pink : mothercare

Pros? easy to push i found as the weight was distributed nicely.
Cons? tiny shopping basket, hard to get down shop isles without banging into everything as its wide
Do you ever wish you didn't get a double stroller and just did it some other way? What would that be? I am starting to think that maybe i should just get one of them buggy boards that attach to the pram or get one of the buggy seats that attach to the pram for my eldest.

The second pram i used was...
What brand(s) stroller do you use? Graco duo see it here: Graco Stadium Duo Tandem Pushchair - Autumn : mothercare
Pros? Lots of space, had a tray to put food on while you are going along for baby
Cons? Very heavy to push, took up alot of room inside the house, hard to steer

The third double pushchair i got and still have:

What brand(s) stroller do you use? Cosatto duet lite stroller see it here: Cosatto Duet Lite Tandem & Free Accessories - Graphite : mothercare
Pros? Lighter than the other stroller i used, small and easy to store
Cons? tiny shopping basket, very hard pushing up slight hills

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

Last edited by sarah*; April 6th, 2009 at 06:14 AM. Reason: posted twice
April 8th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
we use a graco quatro due in the french roast color! I love it!!!
it is easy to stear even with a 40lb toddler up front. lots of space for a diaper bag, purse and anything you might pick up along the way. 6 cup holers!! it fold up nicly too not big at all when folded. yup I love it. so far I have nothing bad to say about it.

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

April 10th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Thanks for making this thread a sticky!! Keep the replies coming... I appreciate them! We are going shopping probably in the early summer!

April 11th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Graco Duoglider - Tandem with stadium style seats, really long and big folded, can fit infant car seats, steers well even on pavement, large basket

Mountain Buggy Urban Double - Double Side by Side Jogger, Big folded, Steers really well, can fit one infant seat

Baby Planet Unity Sport - Side by Side Umbrella, Steers well but not on pavement, can't fit an infant seat, compact fold

Not a stroller but this is my favorite mode of transportation...Choo Choo Wagon - A wagon for 2, 3 or up to 6 kids. I was able to secure my infant seat in it, each child has there own space with seat belts, very easy to pull, big but does come apart

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

April 14th, 2009, 03:37 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramomof2 View Post
we use a graco quatro due in the french roast color! I love it!!!
it is easy to stear even with a 40lb toddler up front. lots of space for a diaper bag, purse and anything you might pick up along the way. 6 cup holers!! it fold up nicly too not big at all when folded. yup I love it. so far I have nothing bad to say about it.

I have this one in black and granite. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

April 23rd, 2009, 08:59 AM
Erinmarie83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoOlivia&Cole View Post
We have the Kofcraft Contours Options Tandem, we love this stroller! It's easy to maneuver, has lots of space, the seats can face in different directions, the canopy on top is big so it keeps the sun out of their eyes.
The only con, it's a bit heavy but worth it!

Wow, after watching the product demos I want to go buy this thing!

Questions. Does it come with one car seat attachment? Does the attachment work with Graco carseats (if you know)? How big does the infant have to be to go in the back?

THanks!

Thanks to HeatherW for my gorgeous siggy

Check out my handmade bows on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Erinmarie83

April 28th, 2009, 08:34 PM
MommytoOliviaandCole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinmarie83 View Post
Wow, after watching the product demos I want to go buy this thing!

Questions. Does it come with one car seat attachment? Does the attachment work with Graco carseats (if you know)? How big does the infant have to be to go in the back?

THanks!
It does have an attachment to put in a carrier instead of one of the seats. Not sure what brands it holds, we have not used it. We switch the seats around, my DD is 23 lb. or so and she can go in either the front or the back. We love this stroller and gets complements all the time about it!

April 28th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
I am getting the contours one as well which is VERY tricky here in Canada as it isn't sold here apparently. I've read nothing but good reviews on it so I hope I like it.

I believe the carseat should work with the carseat attachment, let me add a link!

K, go to this site

then click on Product Specs. There is a list of the carseats that the attachment works with. It comes with 1 attachment.

When I get it I'll tell you what I think of it

April 29th, 2009, 07:44 AM
sweetmelissa's Avatar Live.Laugh.Love.
What brand(s) stroller do you use? Baby Trend Sit-N-Stand the 09 model that accepts the infant seat in front or back

Pros? Turns into a sit-n-stand in the back for older children - can use stroller for a couple of years. I find it to be lighter then other double strollers & it fits in my car. The child's trays can be completely removed - which is great when we go to the zoo with my older son. He can climb in and out of the stroller without help (he even can buckle himself). Has a 5 pt harness for my infant daughter, but you can also take off the shoulder harnesses for an older child and just have a 3 pt harness.

Cons? the seats are too small to just put infant in, I felt like my daughter was going to fall off the seat. Basket can be a pain to get into. Back sun shade is small and doesn't cover much - we did buy a shade extender at BRU for $7 and it solved the problem.

Do you ever wish you didn't get a double stroller and just did it some other way? What would that be? No. I love the double stroller. Sometimes I wish we got a side by side one but I love the sit-n-stand part of the stroller.
May 17th, 2009, 04:39 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

We have the Phil & Ted Vibe and I absolutely love it!! Even with both children in it, it is still really easy to push/maneuver (I can do it with one hand). Initially I found it a bit fiddly to put it together, but once you get the hang of it it's really quite easy. The biggest reason we decided to buy this pushchair is because it can be used as a single or double pushchair, depending on our needs. So, once my son outgrows it and wants to walk everywhere (which I suspect will be quite soon!) we can still use the pushchair for my daughter, rather than having to sell it and purchase a single pushchair. The only downside is that the shopping basket is very small and can't be accessed easily when the pushchair is in lie-flat mode.

August 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
suusssannn's Avatar funky monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramomof2 View Post

We use this same one too!!! I LOVE it-- LOTS of storage... EASY to open & close... holds my 35 lb toddler up front just fine!

Cons... it's hard to steer, and it's heavy to lift & push... but I STILL LOVE it... just make DH do all of that! However, I am STILL lifting it at 9 months pregnant... so it's not IMPOSSIBLE by any means!

**We ALSO have a Graco duo glider... it's slightly lighter in weight, and is MUCH EASIER to steer! I picked it up in excellent condition at a yard sale for 10 bucks... a steal, right??

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 10th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Austin and Dylans Mommy
I have the Graco Duo Glider and love it! Very Easy to push. Plus the boys have plenty of room to themselves. Very Easy to STeer as well.
February 21st, 2010, 07:37 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have three in no particular order of preference:
Joovy Big Caboose-holds infant seats, toddler stands on the back, works great for four toddlers, I'd buy another one tomorrow, huge basket, no cupholder for mom

Jeep Wrangler Double-made cheaply, front middle wheel fell off after ten days of use in December, still waiting for replacement wheel, good fast umbrella stroller for quick jaunts, no storage or cupholder for mom

BOB Duallie Revolution-LOVE LOVE LOVE this-but it also cost me $700 new. The twins would ride in the seats, and my oldest would sit in the front on the wheel, worked great, but not with four toddlers. I wish I bought a single BOB with DS1, the ride is amazing, and we don't even jog, lol! The Mesa Orange is Hot! We had to buy an add on cupholder thingy
April 6th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmelissa View Post
What brand(s) stroller do you use? Baby Trend Sit-N-Stand the 09 model that accepts the infant seat in front or back
I just ordered one of these!!! It was called the Sit and Stand Plus from BRU. We don't need the infant seat feature but I liked that it can convert from a double to sit and stand. I will post pics and let you know how it works out! Supposedly it shipped today!

ETA: I only have one picture of this so far, with just Sergio and our bags sitting in it.

I love this stroller. We haven't used the sit and stand feature yet, but probably will soon. I'm glad we bought it!!

Last edited by HS&Fsmom; April 18th, 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search