Birth

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 09:14 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
What kind of birth are you hoping to have?

September 21st, 2011, 10:34 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am honestly completely unsure right now..

With DD I had to be induced and that was the WORST pain I've ever felt in my entire life. Even to this day! I wanted an epidural but of course everyone in town went into labor and needed emergency c-sections grr so I ended up having to wait 26 hours to get one. In the mean time they were pumping me full of Stadol which made me INCREDIBLY sick, dizzy and just downright angry. Finally they decided I could get my epi.. They decided at that point to just give me a full on spinal block because they thought I was going to need to be wheeled back for a c-section also and I ended up having her in the hallway on the way there.

With DS I wanted to do everything as naturally as possible in a hospital environment. I'm way too paranoid to try giving birth anywhere but a hospital. I didn't want any kind of drugs at all and his L&D only ended up lasting 13 hours total so I didn't really have as much time to change my mind I guess lol But I ended up delivering him with only a saline IV in my arm.

This time around .. I'm just not sure.. Part of me thinks since it's my last why not be as comfortable as possible from the get-go and get the epidural until baby time.. then the other part of me is screaming ARE YOU CRAZY?! You WANT them to medicate you?! Agh! I just don't know!!

September 21st, 2011, 11:44 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i just want a quick and healthy hopefully pain free birth
September 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would like an epidural....I've had natural and epidural and much prefer the epidural. but, it looks like I may be having a c-section anyway, so it doesn't really matter

September 21st, 2011, 01:19 PM
Have they said how likely it is for the previa to move jen? All the ladies in my ddc who had it are fine for a vag delivery now cos theirs moved. Fingers crossed you dont have to!

I dont know what kind of birth i want. I was induced with jake and i'm really hoping that i dont have to do that again! but i think i will just go with the flow. If i feel like an epi i'll get it, but i wont go in and get it at the first twinge! I had it with jake, and i really hated not being able to walk around and the fact that they kept me in bed for 12 hours after he was born even tho i had full feeling back. I didnt even get to shower before my first visitors.

September 21st, 2011, 02:29 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I will be having a repeat c section. Apparently I was blessed with a narrow pelvis opening and was told I would have trouble with any baby over 5.5 lbs. Since Em was just short of 8 lbs, I assume this one will be close to that as well.

September 21st, 2011, 06:03 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am having a repeat c/s.

I am so over having the birth I want. I had very bad PPD after DD due to feeling like a failure after 3 days induction @ 42w and then her almost dieing. I tried very very hard for a natural birth. I went thru 3 days of induction hell with no epi. I beat myself up for many years.
With DS1, I was very very forceful for a VBAC. Then at 42w my son died. And I beat myself up again and still do.

I have given in to the c/s. I don't like it, never will but I gotta do what I gotta do.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

September 22nd, 2011, 06:33 AM
Leann, i'm so sorry hun. I cant imagine how you've struggled with this, but you are not a failure!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search