Older siblings

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 05:45 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Do the older siblings know about baby yet? What do they think? Are they excited?
September 22nd, 2011, 08:04 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Emily is not old enough to understand of course, but I'd like to think she has a sense about it. Recently she started shifting while I rock her to sleep so that her head is on my belly instead of on my chest. She also started to pat the area right below my belly button which is where the baby is now. I'm sure most people would look at it as a coincidence, but it's not as cute if I look at it that way. If animals can sense it, why can't tiny humans?

September 23rd, 2011, 01:21 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
DS doesnt really understand either although when i ask him to kiss the baby he will kiss my belly LOL he started doing that on his own one day so maby he knows.

DD is so excited to get her sister but i dont think she understand it will be just like having tristan around (who she isnt a big fan of )
September 23rd, 2011, 01:33 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Jake knows and he understands whats happening. He is super excited but i'm not sure that will last. He knows that the baby will need alot of mommies time and that the baby will wake in the night, but he still seems pretty enthusiastic about it. He doesnt know any other children who dont have a brother or sister, so i think he sees it as being normal.

I bought him a book about the pregnancy, cos he was full of questions. I really think this has helped him understand and get excited about the baby. He loves getting to see the new section every month. I have a book about a new baby ordered too, so i'm hoping that we'll have him prepared enough!

It sounds like we do nothing but talk about the baby, but its just that we mention things as they come up. Plus he LOVES hearing stories about when he was a baby, so i usually throw in a sentence about the new baby at the end. eg how he liked to be held when he was small, i'll say "i wonder what way the new baby will like to be held?" and that usually starts some more questions.

September 23rd, 2011, 06:52 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of my kids are old enough to understand what's going on and they're both over the moon about it!

Since we're still waiting to find out the gender the kiddos are really excited to find out but they're also just fine with whichever baby we have, although DD really does lean toward wanting a sister because "brothers are annoying" lol Same with DS, he thinks his big sister is too irritating so he'd like to have a little someone that he "likes" lol

I'm more worried about not getting anymore mommy time once baby gets here. They're going to be smothering the baby in kisses and love and I'm going to get left out! lol I know, that's silly, and it will probably fade after the "newness" wears off - but I'm going to miss the kids wanting to give me all of their attention for a while

October 1st, 2011, 08:26 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both my kids know....I'm sure Colin doesn't understand but Conner does. I'll ask Colin what's in mommy's belly and he'll say "baby" but I seriously doubt he understands it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search