Diapers

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2011, 06:20 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
What kinds of diapers do you use?
Do you stock pile them?
What was the last good offer you found on diapers?

October 11th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gosh it's been years since I've had to use diapers but we're about to have to again lol I'm considering cloth diapering but I've not made up my mind on that yet. I probably won't But I'd really like to try.

When we were using diapers before, I did try to keep massive amounts of them handy lol Not so many that they'd outgrow them before I used them but enough that I didn't have to buy diapers again for a nice long while.

Pampers diapers are my favorite. They have stages and were always just the best in my opinion. I couldn't stand Luv's and Huggies were always so much more expensive. I'm not sure now, but probably we'll do Pampers again if I don't CD.

October 11th, 2011, 07:16 AM
jbug's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use Luv's and have never had a problem with them . I don't really stock up, I usually just buy as I need them.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!!
October 11th, 2011, 07:56 AM
LindsayMom09
I used Pampers for about 19 months but have just recently switched to supermarket (Asda) own brand and I love them, I wouldn't use anything else now! I just buy as I need them, which is usually every 3 weeks or so because I buy two big packs at a time
October 11th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a huge box of the wal mart brand and I've been using those in the day, because I can change her often and those leak easy.. but at night we use LUVS.. once the wal mart brand is gone we'll stick to luvs, we usually buy one big box.. because she has times where she goes through a growth spurt and a size wouldn't fit anymore and I'd still have a lot left

October 11th, 2011, 10:07 AM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We always used Pampers Premiums (the equivilent of Cruisers) with Greyson b/c Huggies didn't fit him quite right and he always leaked in them. There was a period, between size 3 and 4 (b/c there is a HUGE size jump between the two, more than any other size jumps) that we used Huggies Supreme, but once he fit into size 4 we went back to Pampers.

If we ever have another baby, I want to do cloth diapers.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**

Last edited by somo_chickenlady; October 11th, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
October 11th, 2011, 10:25 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
We cloth diaper most of the time, but use disposables for traveling, days where we run a lot of errands and when Jeff is watching her (he can't seem to get comfortable no matter how many times I explain them to him ) I buy whichever brand I can get cheapest with coupons except Luvs. They don't seem to fit her well and we have a lot of problems with leaks in those.

October 11th, 2011, 05:49 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
We cloth diaper but for about two months now we have been using sposies because my pregnant nose can NOT handle the whole scraping poop off of the cloth diaper thing. we put him back in cloth today though since we ran out and i dont think we are going to use sposies again..its really not cheap to use them and we have our diapers here that are to cute to not use. i only buy target up and up brand of sposies but morgan bought a pack of pampers the other week and we used those but i am not really a pampers fan.
October 12th, 2011, 01:15 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi View Post
Huggies were always so much more expensive.
Thats really interesting, huggies are about €1 cheaper a pack here!

I used pampers with jake until he got to about 12 months then switched to huggies cos pampers were a bad fit for him. I'm going to try huggies from the start this time, but i will have some pampers just in case baby has a reaction.

I dont want to stockpile too much, and theres hardly ever offers on the newborn sizes!

October 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Huggies aren't more expensive here either. We used Pampers with Conner and started to with Colin, but my SIL was using Luvs and they work just as well (if not better) than Pampers and they're $5 cheaper a box, than Pampers. We just buy them as we need them. I'm sure when this baby comes we'll start out with Pampers swaddlers just because they're softer on baby's skin.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search