Don't wanna cook...

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2011, 10:35 AM
LindsayMom09
Oh man I really don't wanna cook tonight! I wish we could just get takeout or something, but I know my fiance wouldn't be happy about that lol. Do you ladies ever get the feeling where you just don't feel like cooking? How is your DH about you wanting takeout because you don't feel like cooking? How does it usually end up - you cooking anyway or ordering in?
October 11th, 2011, 10:53 AM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I definitely get the feeling that I don't want to cook. We don't have the option of getting takeout, b/c the closest place is at least a half an hour away, one way. When I don't feel like cooking, DH will usually jump in and cook for me. He's a better cook than I am anyway. lol

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
October 11th, 2011, 11:12 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I am feeling like that right now!!! If i dont feel like cooking and we have the money we get take out. Otherwise i throw some frozen food in the oven, like right now! I have chips and pizza in for me and jake and some chicken for dh.

Dh doesnt really care what i dish up! Its not very often that i dont cook a meal, so he agrees that some nights i just need a break. He cant cook very well, so is more than happy with the take out option!

October 11th, 2011, 11:19 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I try to keep quick things around the house for those kinds of nights like a frozen pizza or something I can just throw in the oven and be done.

October 11th, 2011, 11:45 AM
jbug's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like that sometimes too. We will get takeout or just eat something easy at home. I actually think my DH prefers those nights. He is so picky and doesn't love most things I cook anyway lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!!
October 11th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm totally feeling like that right now! It is rainy, I've been crocheting all day, I'm still in my pj's, I have to take Conner to cub scouts tonight, I just do not want to cook. Unfortunately, we're broke, so no eating out for us! I gotta suck it up. LOL

October 11th, 2011, 11:49 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
I try to keep quick things around the house for those kinds of nights like a frozen pizza or something I can just throw in the oven and be done.
I do this, too. I try and keep a big frozen pizza in my freezer. Or, something else quick.. hotdogs, etc. To just whip up in a few minutes if I feel like not cooking (which, btw, does happen to me.. even though I love cooking).

My dh is really good about not caring, though he knows I need/like breaks. Usually I'll text around noon when I feel that way and say "can you please just pick up McDonalds on the way home from work? i REALLY don't wanna cook.." he's never, ever questioned it.. he'll just get it.

October 11th, 2011, 06:47 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
days like that i use my crockpot...that is often.
October 11th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to keep quick things too cook ( frozen pizza, frozen lasgna, frozen enchiladas, sometimes homemade, sometimes store bought). If we want take out, we do it. Dh doesn't really care if I cook or not. Sometimes I do not do anything and he eats left overs or sandwiches. I do not love cooking, but I try to as much as I can.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

October 11th, 2011, 10:01 PM
im so jealous of all of you that can do frozen foods...morgan and our kids absolutely will not eat prepackaged frozen things. it sucks because id LOVE to just throw a pizza in the oven one night a month or so haha. instead i have to make it all myself. ugh
October 12th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgeMadge View Post
(which, btw, does happen to me.. even though I love cooking).
Huge ditto. I love to cook, but sometimes the thought of actually getting up and prepping something and then waiting for it to cook is just way too much effort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acupofjoe View Post
im so jealous of all of you that can do frozen foods...morgan and our kids absolutely will not eat prepackaged frozen things. it sucks because id LOVE to just throw a pizza in the oven one night a month or so haha. instead i have to make it all myself. ugh
Van, can you double up on some meals and stick half into the freezer? like make an extra big lasagne and freeze the leftovers, or spaghetti sauce etc.

Or i saw a cool thing on pinterest (where else!!! ) where you put all the ingedients into a bag and then empty the bag into the slow cooker to cook. I cant remember if you freeze them, but i think you can. like you chop all the veg, add the meat etc into a bag, freeze and then take out when you just cant be arsed!

October 12th, 2011, 11:31 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those are the nights we do cereal for dinner. Or hot dogs or something else really easy. Our budget doesn't really allow for takeout, but my DH doesn't mind if we have a cereal night every now & then.

October 12th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2J View Post

Van, can you double up on some meals and stick half into the freezer? like make an extra big lasagne and freeze the leftovers, or spaghetti sauce etc.

Or i saw a cool thing on pinterest (where else!!! ) where you put all the ingedients into a bag and then empty the bag into the slow cooker to cook. I cant remember if you freeze them, but i think you can. like you chop all the veg, add the meat etc into a bag, freeze and then take out when you just cant be arsed!

ill have to try that bag thing, morgan wont eat leftovers so not sure if the freezer thing would work..maby ill try it and just not tell him and see if he eats it. haha
October 12th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Van, your man is sooo picky, lol

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

October 12th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Lol! He is VERY picky and it sucks soo bad!! If it's Been a bad day and he is complaining about dinner I'll tell him to fend for himself rofl. He grew up having the best of the best and all homemade so it's stuck around.
October 13th, 2011, 02:58 AM
but things from the freezer are still homemade! I'm not a fan of leftovers either, but if its a meal that i specifically cooked to be frozen is ok imo!
Still, i suppose we all have our little quirks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search