Status Updates

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2011, 06:26 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
What kind of facebook statuses annoy you?
What does yours say atm? (if you want to share!)

October 19th, 2011, 06:31 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate the whoa is me.... my life sucks. I REALLY try to keep my crap to myself on FB.

Here is my current status :

I could go with the popular topic (you know; Lions, and Tigers...), but instead I'll just say...

HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY Nathan!

Forever remembering your smiling face.
October 19th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Agreed. The whiny, constantly depressing statuses DRIVE ME INSANE. lol I've actually had to hide posts from a couple people on my list that never post anything but how horrible they have it.

Mine right now I just updated with my ultrasound pics from yesterday.. The last one I wrote that is wordy says:

OMG my kids are going to make me sick this morning. They both keep saying "puke" and "throw up" and it's about to actually make that happen!

October 19th, 2011, 08:01 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
I really only have 1 person on my whole FB that annoys me with her status messages.. because every 10 minutes "my kids are whining so much.." .. "Im so tired, so so tired.." .. "why won't my kids stop whining?" "I need to sleep, they need to stop!"..

I'm like.. ?? I don't need to see it every 10 minutes, for 2 years.. haha! I get the point. Otherwise, nothing bothers me. People use their FB for different things, and it's their own.. I respect that.

My last status was a few weeks ago, actually. I post every day (always a pic) but just realized I haven't done a status in awhile!
But, it was...
"Loves the iced apple cider at dunkin' donuts. Yum."

October 19th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with y'all to a point. If they are literally sharing what's going on and asking for prayers or something like that, then I don't mind it. But when someone is b******g about not having any money in one status and then talking about getting their tattoo redone or going to the bars in the next one... I tend to get irked off!

Mine is: 1) Get hit with a $200,000 cell bill? Don't get mad at yourself for not paying attention. Don't get mad at your brother who frivolously used your phone in another country, Lets get mad at the cell company for not doing what they've never done before and shouldn't have to do. Oh and don't forget to go to the news media over it! How else are you gonna get your bill cut from $200,000 to $25,000? ENTITLEMENT!!!!!!
Like · · Share

(Continues in Comment #1) ‎
2) Exotic animals on the loose in Ohio. Ok I get that that's bad. But why did they have to SHOOT them? Tranquillise them and let Jack Hanna put them in the zoo or something! Obviously shoot any that may be attacking, but ALL of them????
2 hours ago · Like
(Continues in Comment #2)
3) I wanna drive to Zville and see some animals! LOL (DH just told me i can't go to zville and bring home a new kitty. hehehe)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
October 19th, 2011, 08:48 AM
jbug's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with the other girls about the constant whining updates. I have one person on my friends list that only updates when her life or day is going bad. It seems to be all the time too.

I am horrible about updating my status. I NEVER do it. I usually only use facebook to post pictures of my little ones.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!!
October 19th, 2011, 11:08 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
ditto on the whinging. I mean we all like a rant, and some days things just do go to poop, but when its several times a day, everyday, its just whinging.
Or the ones fishing for sympathy, like "i'm sad" or something.

I dont know what mine is, i dont use it very often. i'm always thinking that people dont really care about what i have to say!

October 19th, 2011, 11:57 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2J View Post
Or the ones fishing for sympathy, like "i'm sad" or something.
YES! The ones that drive me up a wall are the cryptic messages like, "Well, that sucks." with no explanation. All the person wants is attention and for others to go, "What's wrong?" Either tell us what's up or why post at all?

My last status was this morning:
"Kiddo and I are sick with colds. Blah. Good day for sitting on the couch watching movies."

October 19th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have recently wrote a few blogs about peoples FB status that annoy me
one was about people complaining all the time about being broke
It's a Roughneck Life: Rantings

the other was about people talking about being marriage,(mostly its about one girl who is CONSTANTLY breaking up with her sons dad, in fact they've called the wedding off 3 times this year, and she's getting married the 29th)
It's a Roughneck Life: Marriage:You Do or You Don't

my last status was me posting a pic of a christmas tutu that I think Audrey needs

October 19th, 2011, 02:37 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
none really annoy me, its not my fb so i couldnt care less what other people talk about. if it does annoy me i can always hide the updates. ive posted that i was sad before but i wasnt looking for any attention just had a bad day and no one to talk to so i wanted to get it out.
October 19th, 2011, 05:32 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by acupofjoe View Post
none really annoy me, its not my fb so i couldnt care less what other people talk about. if it does annoy me i can always hide the updates. ive posted that i was sad before but i wasnt looking for any attention just had a bad day and no one to talk to so i wanted to get it out.

I've posted about being upset/sad/depressed/etc before. I'm not fishing for comments, sometimes I'm just sad and just wanted to say so. I don't really get annoyed at other people's posts b/c honestly I read it once and move on and usually don't think about it again. Some people out there just want a friend or someone to talk to about it. I have one friend that constantly posts about being lonely or upset, and I just humor him. It isn't hurting anyone, and I understand how it is for life to really suck sometimes.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
October 20th, 2011, 01:08 AM
MammaHutch
It really bothers me when people are like "Oh my life sucks" (everyday...) or things like "I wish I could afford that"... yes, I see this all the time. Its soooo annoying. I know we all have bad days, I know we all go through hardships but sometimes facebook is like a Dr.Phil session and if I wanted to see that I would watch him on tv...just saying...

Here is what mine says at the moment:

Cajun rice with fried tomatoes, compliments to my loving husband Dave. Thank you babe! It was so good! And now Drake is awake. ♥ 33 weeks and counting! We're sooo close! I love you
October 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine are people constantly dropping the F bomb, or any cuss words for that matter, but especially the F word for some reason.

Mine right now says "I really want to go back to Disneyworld!! I need a job!"

Tags
gtky

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search