Baby Name

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Joe is getting SO irritated at me lol I feel bad but I can't help but laugh.. Mehkaelie's name wasn't for sure until the same month I had her! Cole didn't even have a name since he was supposed to be a girl, so he was just "Baby Boy" for the first couple hours of his life. This baby, I am stuck, sold, in escrow, no looking back on the first name, Haevyn. But the middle name I've been waffling about for months now and today I said it out loud and was just like .. Ick. No. So... back to the drawing board with that.

Have you guys had any difficulty picking your name? Was it hard? I think all of us preggos have previous babies, were theirs hard to come up with?

December 16th, 2011, 10:03 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
How do you guys pronounce Haevyn? I am so bad at naming kids LOL..Our son was nameless until he was two days old.
December 17th, 2011, 07:25 AM
We pronounce it like Haven - I just REALLY dislike the spelling but absolutely LOVE the name lol so we mixed it up! Haevyn!

It took me a while to come up with Mehkaelie's but mostly only because everyone kept taking the names I was going to use! I had two names picked out for her and then two of my cousins had their babies before me and snagged them lol Agh that was frustrating!!

December 17th, 2011, 03:10 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
We're still stalemated on this baby girl's name. We don't even have a name that we sort of like. Jeff is super traditional about names and I'm someone who's grown up with a unique name (with a common nickname) and don't want my kids to have the same name as everyone else. Emily was a name I'd had picked out since I was in middle school and it turned out that he loved it.

With this one, he loves Elizabeth and I'm not in love with that name as a first name. I think it makes a great middle name! He thinks all my names are too unconventional or they make him think of someone he doesn't like all that much.

December 17th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Ugh that's the problem I'm running into with Joe with choosing middle names. Every name I love he's got someone in his past that he couldn't stand. Grrr lol

December 17th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Oh that is cute! I dont really know any names to suggest with it, i hope you guys find something soon

I absolutely hate picking names haha. I dont want anything to odd but nothing to common either. If it makes you feel any better we dont have a middle name for Tyler yet either and if we dont think of anything before she is here we will just go with Morgans middle name which is Lee but IMO i think it sounds really boyish. Its hard to find a middle name to because Morgan still doesnt know the sex so we have to find a boy and girl middle name haha.
December 18th, 2011, 06:30 AM
lol Maybe he's thinking she's a boy so Tyler Lee doesn't seem too boyish to him!

I think we've at least narrowed down a few more.. He was going through some STRANGE name list last night, though and I was just laughing at him like Yeah .. I'm really going to name my daughter Haevyn Kikomanalatte (ok that wasn't one, but there was one close to it!)!

December 18th, 2011, 06:19 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Van, you could do the Leigh spelling for her. That is my middle name.

We didn't have a difficult time picking out names, we pretty much had them right away. If Greyson were a girl, he would have been Hannah Elisabeth. We easily picked Greyson's first name, but his middle name was hard for us. What is it with middle names?? We originally wanted a name that started with W to stick with a tradition of having the first born boy with GW initials (Greyson would have been the 4th generation to have it). The two names we narrowed it down to were Wade and Ward. We finally settled on Ward. Then, in my last month of pg, DH wanted to change it to Michael which is my father's first name. Fine whatever. I think Greyson Michael Erickson rolls off the tongue better anyway.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
December 18th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Greyson Michael does sound great together!!

And I agree, Leigh would make it more feminine! (And it's just prettier spelling IMO lol)

That is the exact problem we're having! How it rolls off the tongue. I keep telling Joe "Imagine you're yelling at her across the street, HAEVYN ______! It has to flow!"

He thinks I'm crazy hah

December 22nd, 2011, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady View Post
Van, you could do the Leigh spelling for her. That is my middle name.

My middle name is Leighanne and Morgans is Lee, thats how we got Raleigh. His middle name with my spelling.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search