Never again...

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2012, 01:13 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
What is one thing you've given in on with your kids or husband that haunts you on a regular basis?

Have you had the opportunity to take another stand? If so, did it last?

January 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to think about this one. I rarely give in on anything. Once I say something I stick to it, unless I feel like I maybe over reacted. And I can't off the top of my head think of something ... there has to be something to do with my husband though!

Forever remembering your smiling face.
January 11th, 2012, 02:57 PM
MomRigamarole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I would have taken more of a stand when my oldest DS was little and my exDH started suppplying him with every gaming system available and all the newest most expensive games and he kept them at our house. I admit that he isn't as addicted to gaming as he once was but now it has filtered down to my youngest. I hate it.

Both of my boys don't know how to drive a nail or use a screwdriver or enjoy nature as much as they should...they spend too much time inside unless I force them to go out or I go out with them (which is usually what has to happen). I wish my exDH would have been more supportive in having our DS grow up "unplugged" and more interested in developing other interests.

I know a lady who has 7 kids, 6 of them boys, and all of those boys that are in high school know how to and enjoy baking cakes, woodworking, car repair, all sorts of things because she and her DH did not buy them game systems and TVs with cable... they had to grow up and use their imaginations. That's what I wanted for my boys but I have been overruled constantly.

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for another lovely siggie!

January 11th, 2012, 06:29 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
This was inspired by the one thing I gave in on that has haunted me daily. DOGS ON THE COUCH!

Ugh. They ruined the old couch (including our puppy who peed on it) and when we got the new couch, my DH went all cheap and decided not to get the stain guard put on it. Well, I thought that would be a good reason not to let the dogs up on the couch and I held out for a few weeks, but my silly husband kept giving me puppy dog eyes about the dogs sitting on the floor staring up at the big comfy couch. Well since then it's been a never ending fight. The dog who did it before has marked our couch at least twice, the other dog is constantly gettin into food on the tv trays (like if I get up for 2 seconds to go refill my water or when I was running to the bathroom with m/s)...AHHH NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

January 11th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
One time my daughter was having a giant fit because I wouldn't let her hold our ICEE from Target in the car. She was maybe two years old. I was tired and gave in...yes, I handed a toddler a red ICEE in the car. It was awful. I had to drag the car seat out and scrub it down, it permanently stained the carpet in the car, and it took like two days to get the staining off the baby's skin. My neighbors came outside to laugh at me...as did my husband when he got home from work.
January 11th, 2012, 08:36 PM
MammaHutch
Hmm this is a good question. DS is a little too little (lol) for me to give in and DH I dont give in to him so I have nothing for ya!

Red Icee in the car!!!!! OH NOOOOO!!!!!!!
October 15th, 2012, 09:06 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
What is one thing you've given in on with your kids or husband that haunts you on a regular basis?

Have you had the opportunity to take another stand? If so, did it last?
I am with the other poster who mentioned video game systems. My husband has always been into gaming and he got my two older boys into it. The problem is he was playing all those rated M games and I felt like the boys were way too young to play all those. He kept saying it was just a game, bla bla bla.

I feel like they want to play video games too much and spent less time being creative because of it. And when it came to birthdays and holidays they always want electronics. Before being introduced to video games I feel like they were much more imaginative!

I do get a chance to do better with my youngest son. I am not allowing those rated M video games for him or game systems in his room. He can play family games on Wii with us, but other than that I want to try to avoid video games. Since there is such an age difference with my boys the other two will be in high school and college by the time he would really be interested in what they are doing, so it won't be a big issue to not allow him to play the games they play.

October 15th, 2012, 11:35 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
What is one thing you've given in on with your kids or husband that haunts you on a regular basis?hm, i think the cosleeping.

Have you had the opportunity to take another stand? If so, did it last?we did things differently with each child. With oldest DD we only had her in her bassinet off and on but mostly in our bed and for four years she would try and get in our bed multiple times a night. DS we coslept until he was just turned 2 and he never trys to get in our bed. We made sure with the baby to put her in her own bed from the get go and she will come to bed with us for snuggles once in awhile or if its super late and taking way to long to get her back to bed but other than that she is independent and its a nice change.
October 16th, 2012, 04:49 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
hrm....nothing really i never allowed dogs on my couch but when we got Cali she was already so used to it...it drives me nuts....trying to break her of that habit is near impossible cause she just slithers on when you are not watching LOL so if you break the habit let me know how!!

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

October 18th, 2012, 06:34 PM
** Mandy **
I'm not as strict as I need to be about people picking up after themselves. I know if I don't get it under control with the girls it is only going to get worse and I hate when I look around and the place is a disaster. I need to teach my girls to pick up after themselves and DH and I need to model that behavior on a constant basis as well.

October 18th, 2012, 09:50 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyShorty View Post
I'm not as strict as I need to be about people picking up after themselves. I know if I don't get it under control with the girls it is only going to get worse and I hate when I look around and the place is a disaster. I need to teach my girls to pick up after themselves and DH and I need to model that behavior on a constant basis as well.

Oh that one for me as well. DH and I do good on the cleaning a little to well because its easier to just clean up the kids mess and stuff real quick then to make them do it. It will come back to bite us in the arse someday I just know it.
October 24th, 2012, 06:17 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The most recent thing is that I gave in on the ER giving DS a tetanus shot when he didn't really need it, and he will now have to get another one in less than a year b/c he needs a Dtap vaccine. The one he got was only Td, and I think the pertussis vaccine is the most important and they don't have that individually. I wish I would have firmly put my foot down and said a flat out no. DH wanted him to have it b/c the dr recommended it (he had one 7 years ago, and it lasts for 10 years).

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
October 25th, 2012, 06:10 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyShorty View Post
okay so i take my original statement back...i can agree to this...i picked up after them way to much...i wish i would have started right from the moment they started walking showing them how to pick up their own toys...and i admit i still will pick up after helena sometimes...i guess i still see her as the "baby" and i know shes not LOL....

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search