Tyler is here..sort of a birth story.

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2012, 05:25 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Ive tried three times now to type up her birth story and everytime i just cant..It was a horrible thing for us to go through after she was born and i cant see through my tears enough to get it all out but to make it short.. We got to the hospital at 10 am on January 5th, they got me all prepped the spinal worked or so i thought..It worked everywhere except on my left side and i felt everything when they were cutting me open. I started to freak out and panic because of the pain so they ended up doing an emergency knock out. Tyler was born not breathing and was rushed off to the Nicu, We did not get to see her until the next day. It was horrible..I remember waking up and the first thing they told me was my baby was born not breathing. I had a panic attack because i thought they meant she was dead..I must have passed out or something because i woke up again with doctors and nurses all over and an oxygen mask on my face with them telling me to breathe and my hubby standing near by also freaking out because he thought i was going to die. I was terrified about the birth and if i would be awake or not and if something would go wrong..I thought something would go wrong with me. I never thought anything would go wrong with my baby. Anyways she was in the NICU for three days on all sorts of tubes and wires, she had a breathing tube, IV's, Eventually she had a feeding tube. It was a nightmare. The first time i finally got to see her, over 24 hours later i was a mess. It was horrible seeing my baby laying there like that and not being able to hold or touch her. She scored a 2 on her newborn test that they do right after birth. We were told that maby her cord was wrapped around her neck to tight or that the stuff from being knocked out could have caused her to be born not breathing but then after we talked to my dr that delivered her we found out her cord was not around her neck and they dont know what really happened to her. It was terrifying and i think she will more than likely be our last because i can not handle the anxiety before the birth and i most certainly cant go through that whole NICU thing again. Our other two kids were born perfectly healthy and we were so not expecting this at all. I really had no idea what was going to happen to my baby and she was not in very good health but then she totally turned around and was ok. She is healthy now and doing well so we are thankful for that but it sure was scary while we were going through all of that. It was torture, especially that first 24 hours being on the maternity floor and hearing everyone elses newborns cry and i had no idea what my daughter even looked like.

Here are the stats:
Tyler Olivia born on Thursday January 5th, 2012.
6 pounds 15 Oz and 18 and 1/2 Inches long.

Some photos:

January 12th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, Van.. I can't even imagine how scary all of that must have been for you!! I am so so so SO glad that everything turned out well. She is so perfect now! And the pics of her with Raleigh and Tristan are beyond adorable!

January 13th, 2012, 05:10 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That must have been beyond difficult. I am SO glad that all is well now. And I also love the pics of the other two with her. They both looks so proud of her .

Forever remembering your smiling face.
January 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
gctattoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a horrible, scary experience for everyone involved. I'm glad she is doing so well now. And she's just adorable.
January 13th, 2012, 09:58 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Thanks girls. She is doing wonderful now so i am happy about that but i really think this birth did us in and she will be our last. I can not go through that again

So sad to think all of her firsts will be our lasts.
January 14th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
**hugs**

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search