Just curious

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LoveMySonshine
  • 1 Post By Sonshine1296

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2012, 07:05 PM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I picked Jackson because it was unique at the time. His father suggested it first and I didn't like it, but it grew on me and it just felt right. His middle name is Valet, which is after my maternal grandfather who died when I was 7 months pregnant.

Maybe you should give my SO some pointers, I've been after him to do dishes for days and they are still piled up
StayAtHomeDad likes this.

February 17th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I knew from the beginning that I wanted the name Audrey... DH was totally against it and said no to every name, I liked Claire too but his cousins middle name is Claire? anyway so we tossed around some he liked the name kylie but his first daughters name is kayley.. I thought it was too similar, one night he said Elise, so I called her Elise for 2 days but I just KNEW she was an Audrey, I wanted the spelling to be Audrei Elyse but he said no, so I compromised the spelling and named her Audrey Elise.. I think after my best friend nagged him as much as I did he just gave in lol

February 17th, 2012, 09:18 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
My story is similar to stresswife's. I always knew I wanted to name my little girl Avery, ever since (ok this is sooo embarassing) I was about 12/13 and OBSESSED with the band Hanson. They have a sister named Avery and I always liked it.

I choose Elizabeth as a middle name because I thought Avery Elizabeth was just beautiful.

DH never liked it, he gave in though just a few days before she was born.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
Well my husband and I couldn't agree on a name, but we both wanted one that was unique so we dropped an H at the end of Alana and that is how our daughter got her first name (Alanah).

Her middle name is Jo named after his mom's middle name. It sounded great together and it was short since we have a long last name lol.
February 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
i love that you have two middle names for each of your kids...i wanted to do that but my husband wasn't keen on the idea haha

my oldest is named after 2 of my best friends and my mom their middle names) her first name is a mash up of Raina and Ann and i got Raianna..and her middle name is Lyn which is my moms middle name

Elyse my husband picked out i told him to write down every name he liked on a baby name site and we would go from there that was the ONLY name he wrote down so that was her name! and her middle name is Korean, Soo-Eun. cause well my husband is Korean

Helena is named after my grandma and his grandma (their first names) her middle name is Marguerrite (his grandmas name...my grandmas name was Helen but i added an A to it....also added and extra T to her middle name)

i must mention Frankie too...she is my stepdaughter her mother named her after family members
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 18th, 2012, 11:37 PM
MammaHutch
Drake Erik is my sons name. DH and I always knew that if we had a boy that would be his name. It sounds very vikingish to us! We are really into Vikings and the Nordic stuff so it just made sense for us.
February 19th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I picked Kayley because at the time it sounded cute. I actually waited until she was born. I was so undecided. Right away I knew she was a Kayley.

February 19th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Before I was pregnant I had a dream I was in the hospital holding a baby girl and I called her Abby in my dream. I just knew if we ever had a daughter that her name would be Abigail. Plus, we loved the meaning "Father's Joy". Her middle name is Rose and is my DH's moms first name.
LindsayMom09 likes this.

February 19th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Charles James....We just like Charles and the nn Chuck. And it totally fits him. James is after my FIL.

Lewis John....Lewis was my father's name. He passed away 7 years ago. John is DH's grandfather's name.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
February 19th, 2012, 09:11 AM
LindsayMom09
My son's name is Harvey William and he is named after my Father who sadly passed away 2 months before I got pregnant. My Father's name was William Harvey, so we decided to flip it around call him Harvey William. Of course, Harvey is also my surname, so when my fiance and I finally get married, it will be a wonderful way to continue on my own name. It was just perfect for us at the time
February 19th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Connor Knight~My husband wanted a strong sounding name and my choices werent liked(Benjamin, Cameron, Wesley,etc). So one day I was stepping into the shower to get ready for work and the name Connor popped into my head out of nowhere. Hadnt ever been an idea til that moment....so I shouted it out to him and he loved it. Connors middle name is my maiden name....that was DH's idea because my father only had daughters and he was the last male in his line so the name would be "lost" once his last daughter married. This was our way of keeping the name alive.

Avery Danyael(pronounced Daniel)~We werent pregnant nor trying when my husband heard the name on a newscast and said he liked it. I asked for a boy or girl and he said boy so that was it. Since Connor had a middle name from my side of the family I wanted Avery to have a middle name from DH's side. My husbands middle name(and the one he goes by) is Daniel so we chose that to go with Avery. However, after watching a movie that dealt with angels I chose to change the spelling up a bit cuz I just loved it!

Devinn Asher~was going to be Asher Devinn cuz we loved both names and wanted to use the two names we loved as he was our last child. However, my husband decided he wanted the name reversed to Devinn Asher because he didnt want our two youngest boys having the same initials. So we did Devinn Asher instead and it totally fits him!

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 20th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our daughter, Mehkaelie Brooke - Originally, I liked the name Katelynn but couldn't come up with a middle name I liked with it. Plus, I had a cousin that was due the same week as me and had decided she was going to use Katelynn. Grr lol Then I decided I liked the name Kaylee and another cousin had a baby and named her Kaylee. Agh! So then I decided on Makayla but I hated how it was spelled and I didn't want her nn to be Kayla, just not a fan of that name personally. So, I smashed Makayla and Kaylee together, played with the spelling and came up with Mehkaelie. Her nickname is Mehkie (Mickey). Brooke comes from a little girl I met when I was maybe 5 or 6 years old. We were playing in a brook and she had the biggest, brightest blue eyes I'd ever seen. I have no idea why I remember her to be honest.. Especially since I was so young, but for some reason that little girl and the "brook" always stuck with me. So, Brooke it was.

Our son, Joseph Cole - He was supposed to be a girl.. his name was going to be Lilliauna Rayne and was going to be called Lily Rayne. But, surprise surprise, he was a boy! We didn't have ANY boy names picked out because we'd been told a few different times we were having a girl. Any boy names we had even considered we never agreed on. One name I've always loved for a boy was Cole and DH's first name is Joseph so we went with Joseph Cole. Honestly, we probably wouldn't have come up with this name had it not been so last minute. BUT, he goes by Cole and it suits him

Our daughter, Haevyn Adalie (due to be born soon!) - "Haven" is just a really pretty name both DH and I both loved but again, not a fan of the spelling.. So, played with the letters and pronunciation (plus, Mehkaelie has "ae" too ) and came up with Haevyn. When we got pregnant the first time, we had a miscarriage. One of the first things we did when we found out we were pregnant was to start throwing around names.. Adalie was one we loved. Haevyn's middle name has been up in the air the entire pregnancy, mostly because I have felt a little guilty about using Adalie, it felt like I was giving it away.. but "Haevyn Adalie" is what we all kept calling her, no matter how many times we changed it. So, Haevyn Adalie it is.

February 20th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Veteran
Treyden James - We were in the dr office waiting for an appt when I was pregnant & this cute little boy was playing in the play corner. His mom called his name (Trey) and I fell in love with it. I didn't know the full name but I knew Trey wasn't going to be enough so we expanded on it. As for James, it was the one we liked the best with it.

Emily Janae - I always loved Janae but DH didn't for a first name. So he picked Emily & we kept Janae. Just 2 names that again went well together.

Christina Victoria - Christina is a family name from my side and has been in the family for generations (with various spellings), and Victoria is DH's mom's name.

Hilarie Nicole - We wanted a cute girly name but one that would grow up with her.

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

February 21st, 2012, 02:54 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Emily Madison - I'v always loved the name Emily and it was the only name on the list that Jeff loved, so the first name was easy. Jeff let me pick the middle name and I liked the way Madison sounded with it.

Jocelyn Elizabeth - Jeff didn't love any of the names on the list except Elizabeth and I didn't love Elizabeth as a first name. Last week he finally asked what name was my favorite and so Jocelyn was chosen. As a compromise, Elizabeth became her middle name since it went well together!

February 21st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I *LOVE* the name Elijah - "Eli" has always been a favorite nickname for boys for me. I've never heard of Aurelia, that is so pretty!

I'm sure you're right and your choices will change several times over the next few years, but whatever you decide on will be perfect for your little one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search