Surprise inspection!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2012, 06:41 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I were to show up unannounced, would your home be "company ready" or no?

When people stop by, do you feel like they're judging the state of your house?

Do you generally keep people in the threshold of the house if they're unannounced or just stopping by to drop something off or do you invite them in every time?

February 21st, 2012, 07:23 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Yeah...my house is definitely not company ready. We have people who want to come by to bring us dinner (AKA: a reason to come see the kids) and I'm dreading the fact that they're about to walk in this chaos, but since I'm limited in what I can do...

If people stop by unannounced, I either don't answer the door or keep them at the threshold. I think it's rude to pop by without calling anyway.

February 21st, 2012, 07:59 PM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ehh... it could be worse. The floors really need to be swept. Asked SO to do it days ago.
Usually yes... I'm a worrier like that.
Do you generally keep people in the threshold of the house if they're unannounced or just stopping by to drop something off or do you invite them in every time?
I never have unannounced visitors.

February 21st, 2012, 09:47 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
HA! right now..no. the kitchen, kids room and bathroom are the only spotless rooms in our house right now. our room, the hallway and living room are a mess. oh and dining room is clean..the hallway has a pile of dirty clothes i was sorting through, our room has a couple of clean clothes piles i was not able to fold yet today; have to tomorrow and the living room has a couple of blankets and pillows that need to be put away from the "fort" morgan and the kids made earlier.

not unless you are my mom but she has no room to judge so i ignore her rude remarks..like the other day when she brought me something while i was sick. here is a gatorade, feel better..oh my gosh your house is so messy i feel bad for you. yeah couldnt stop to help pick up but she sure could judge..of course after three days of us all having the flu its a mess. cleaning was the last thing on my mind!!

Do you generally keep people in the threshold of the house if they're unannounced or just stopping by to drop something off or do you invite them in every time? invite them in..its usually not bad.
February 22nd, 2012, 05:25 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eh, my house is OK right now. The dining room is full of baby toys/clothes/etc for a consignment sale, but if you ignore that, the rest of my house is decent enough.

We never have unannounced visitors, so when people do come over, I'm prepared and my house is clean!

February 22nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is not company ready right now! We started cleaning out the laundry room the other day and I've been stacking things all over the house so I can find places for them or decide if I want to get rid of them. Plus, Joe has a HUGE pile of dirty clothes just sitting in the main room waiting for them to miraculously wash themselves or something lol My kitchen is alright, just need to give it a quick sweep and the laundry in the bathroom needs to be washed.

When my FIL comes over, I do. He is very particular about how he thinks things should be kept.

Unannounced visitors usually get kept in the threshold. I hate when people don't call before dropping by, I think it's very rude. If I know they're coming they can come right in, though.

February 22nd, 2012, 05:50 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
lets just say my house is a complete disaster...and i wouldn't want anyone in here right now LOL.....blah....

Kristy, wife to Karl 6.16.01, Mom to Raianna 12.7.00, Elyse 12.3.02 and Helena 7.20.07, step-mom to Frankie 7.3.97 and step-grandma to October 3.9.15

February 22nd, 2012, 06:22 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's not too bad; but, it's not perfect either.

Yes!

Thankfully, people usually don't come unannounced.

February 22nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
LoriLou35's Avatar Veteran
I would say that my house is generally company ready, but it depends on the company. DH's grandmother tends to be pretty "observant" (pronounced snoopy). Every time she comes over she pretends that she doesn't remember where the bathroom is so that she can inspect the bedrooms further down the hall! lol. Other than that, the house is pretty clean most of the time.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
My house is not really company ready. It's tidy, but has not been deep cleaned in a while. I really need to get the floors done, but it takes soooo much effort!

When people stop by, I invite them in. If they want to stop by un-announced they can deal with my messy house! I don't care if they judge me.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search