GTKY....taken from a post WAY back!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1) How did you meet DH/SO?
2) How long have you been a SAHM?
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them!
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages?
5) Do you have a favorite holiday? If yes, what is it and why?
6) What is your favorite childhood memory?
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit?
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe?
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM?
10) What kind of music to you like to listen to?

February 22nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) How did you meet DH/SO? At a Christmas party
2) How long have you been a SAHM? Since November 2010
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them! I read A LOT, listen to music, bake, I foster cats for a local organization, try to have adult conversation once in awhile...pretty much it haha.
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages? Just the one...Jackson who is 5.
5) Do you have a favorite holiday? If yes, what is it and why? Nope
6) What is your favorite childhood memory? I always got to spend a week at Grammie and Grampie's house in the summer. It was so fun and I looked forward to it all year. Nobody else there, just me and them.
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit? I joined when I was pregnant and was really active in my DDC/PR. It kind of died so I stopped coming. Signed up again and now this is the only board I'm active on. I check twenty-something mommies, mental health, and Canadian mommies sometimes.
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe? Hmm, I'll have to think on that one.
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM? I don't feel stretched quite as thinly as I did when I was working.
10) What kind of music to you like to listen to? Mostly country.

February 22nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
LindsayMom09
1) How did you meet DH/SO? We met while both out celebrating our own friends birthdays
2) How long have you been a SAHM? Since my little boy was born, Nov 2009
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them! Reading is my passion, photography, doing my own research on everything and anything that I find interesting and going to the movies once in a while with a friend.
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages? One, Harvey who is 2
5) Do you have a favorite holiday? If yes, what is it and why? Christmas! <3 I love it because it is the one time of year when there is an excuse for the family to all be together, and the one time I also have an excuse to spoil my my little boy without feeling too guilty Halloween comes in a VERY close second, just because I love kids costumes, trick-or-treating and decorating the house. SO much fun!
6) What is your favorite childhood memory? Any and all moments with my dear Daddy that I would give anything to savour just one last time...
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit? I joined in March 2011, so it will be a year next month. I visit the SAHM board the most, but I have been known to visit Moms of Toddlers and the Nov 09 PR too.
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe? My favourite is lasagna, but it is not DF's favourite. If it was up to him, he would say my BBQ chicken fajitas, which is basically just chicken breast cut into strips, fried, a little bbq seasoning and then a jar of bbq sauce poured over and served on tortillas with salsa and sour cream. Heavenly! *drooool*
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM? Getting to bond with my son in a way I never could had I of starting working <3
10) What kind of music to you like to listen to? Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Rascall Flatts, mostly country.

Last edited by LindsayMom09; February 23rd, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
February 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners Mommie +2 View Post
1) How did you meet DH/SO?
2) How long have you been a SAHM?
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them!
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages?
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit?
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe?
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM?

1. We were co-workers. I was his supervisor and he was the lead mechanic.
2. About 8 yrs.
3. Getting online and reading occasionally or doing crafts for holidays are my hobbies.
4. 3 sons. Connor will be 8 next month, Avery is 5 3/4, and Devinn is 4.
5. Halloween/Samhain. Ive always loved the holiday and dressing up and seeing what others dressed up as and its the real start to fall for me, the feeling in the air changes and there is just something magickal about it. Its also a spiritual holiday for me.
6. I have several but the one that sticks out the most is our one and only family trip to the Oregon coast when I was 12.
7. Ummm since June/July 2009 as I recall. I visit this board, Married Life, General Spirituality, Pagan Living, and Western Mommies.
8. BBQ chicken and any veggie.
9. Watching their milestones for myself.
10. I love a variety. Mostly stuff from the 60's-80's plus some Death Metal, New Age type stuff and some country and classical.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 22nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
1) How did you meet DH/SO? I was waiting tables and he came in to eat with his friends for someone's birthday and I gave him my number
2) How long have you been a SAHM? about 2 1/2 years
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them! I LOVE to sing! And I also crochet
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages? Conner (7), Colin (2) and Caleb (due March 31)
5) Do you have a favorite holiday? If yes, what is it and why? Halloween or Christmas. Halloween is just fun and Christmas because we get together with our families and see some people we only see at holidays
What is your favorite childhood memory? Ummm, I don't really have one.
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit? I joined when I found out I was pregnant with Colin. I get on here, my DDC, Love and Sex and Jan 10 PR
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe?I'm not much of a cooker
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM? Spending so much time with my kids and being able to be here for them every day all day. The bond that Colin and I share is so awesome!
10) What kind of music to you like to listen to? Country

February 23rd, 2012, 05:09 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1) How did you meet DH/SO? We both worked at a movie theater during high school.
2) How long have you been a SAHM? Almost 2 years
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them! I love to read, scrapbook, cook/bake, walk/hike with my family, and I'm learning to knit.
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages? Leah, 3.
5) Do you have a favorite holiday? If yes, what is it and why? Christmas. I love the decor, the traditions, and the magic.
6) What is your favorite childhood memory? My grandmother babysat my sister & me when we were young. Sometimes, my grandfather would come home on his lunch break and when he left, he'd kiss us all goodbye and since we were all #1 to him, he'd call us by our "nicknames". I was 1-A (Amanda), my sister was 1-L (Laurie) and my grandmother was 1-M (Mommom).
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit? Since June 2007. I am most active in the April 08 PR and here, though I also check out Homeschooling, Frugal Mommies, and Done with One.
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe? Hmm, it's a toss up between eggplant parm and spaghetti & homemade meatballs. Those are big favorites here.
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM? Simply being here everyday for her!
10) What kind of music to you like to listen to? Mostly Top 40/pop/rock. Basically, whatever is popular on the radio.

February 23rd, 2012, 05:39 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
1) How did you meet DH/SO? i met him first at a party that my sister drug me to
2) How long have you been a SAHM? 11 years
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them! just messing around in PSP and reading...haven't had the energy lately to do either
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages? 4-stepdaughter Frankie 14, Raianna 11, Elyse 9 and Helena 4
5) Do you have a favorite holiday? If yes, what is it and why? ummm not really LOL
6) What is your favorite childhood memory? going to my grandmas house
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit? ummm 4 years? this one....and siggies r us are the main boards i'll go to married life and photography as well
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe? porcupine meatballs which im making tonight
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM? being able to watch my kids grow up
10) What kind of music to you like to listen to? mainly country but i like all genres of music except cookie monster crap LOL
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 23rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
ummm, Kristy, what's cookie monster crap?? LOL

February 25th, 2012, 07:32 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
1) How did you meet DH/SO? We met in a bar on valentines day
2) How long have you been a SAHM? Since I was 7 months pregnant, so june 2010
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them! Cooking, baking, reading, trying to be fit
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages? Just the one- Avery Elizabeth born August 2011
5) Do you have a favorite holiday? If yes, what is it and why? As a child it would have been christmas, but not it is just summer "holidays" in general
6) What is your favorite childhood memory? Having tea parties and baking cookeis with my mama when she was home from work for the day
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit? Since I was pregnant, so about 9 months I guess? I visit this, the august 2011 playroom, attachment parenting, and breastfeeding
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe? Too many to list!! I love cooking!
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM? Not having to leave my baby girl when she needs me so much!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 25th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1) How did you meet DH/SO? Myspace
2) How long have you been a SAHM?since Jan 2011 a month before I had Audrey
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them!Photography, reading, I'm really getting into planning stuff like Parties and trips for the kids this summer
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages? Audrey is my daughter she'll be 1 tuesday , and I have two step kids Ethan and Kayley who are 6 and 4

6) What is your favorite childhood memory?Anything with my dad
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit?since 2009, this is really the only one I'm active on, my DDC is on FB now.
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe? It used to be chicken pasta, but since my diet, uhmm Idk ,
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM?I love being able to watch Audrey grow everyday, and spend the whole time with DH when he's home from work
10) What kind of music to you like to listen to?all kinds, country, rock, hip hop, oldies.

February 25th, 2012, 12:03 PM
1) How did you meet DH/SO? We met online, then talked on phone for a week before meeting in person
2) How long have you been a SAHM? Since July 2009 when we moved to San Diego, was preg w/ son
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them! quilting, photography, reading
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages? Kristen (9) Raymond (2)
5) Do you have a favorite holiday? If yes, what is it and why? Don't really have a favorite holiday
6) What is your favorite childhood memory? Had a pretty bad childhood, not to many good memories that I can recal
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit? Just a couple months. Visit Military Moms, Thirty Something moms, moms of toddlers, moms of gradeschoolers, stay at home moms
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe?Beef and Potato Casserole (in the slow cooker), it's basically cooked ground beef, diced tomatoes, scalloped potatoes, seasonings, and cheese. There is a website called Slow and Simply, recipe can be found there
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM? getting to spend time with my kids
10) What kind of music to you like to listen to? Christian and Country
February 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1) How did you meet DH/SO? We met through a skydiving website
2) How long have you been a SAHM? 2.5 years
3) Do you have hobbies? If so, tell us about them! photography
4) How many kids to you have? Names & ages? DSD Lauren (17), DS Chuck (3), and DS Lew (6m)
5) Do you have a favorite holiday? If yes, what is it and why? Christmas...just love the magic and the gift giving
7) How long have you been on JM? Which boards to you visit? I wanna say 3 years? This one, Aug'11 Playroom, Breastfeeding
8) What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Care to share the recipe? Anything simple...tacos, spaghetti, chili mac
9) What is your favorite part about being a SAHM? Just getting to be around for all those little firsts
10) What kind of music to you like to listen to? A wide variety. Wilco, Dixie Chicks, Pearl Jam, top 40

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search