Plastic Surgery

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 1 Post By Dizzi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Assuming finances weren't an issue, would you consider plastic surgery of any kind?

Is there any reason in which you'd let your child/teen get plastic surgery? (Non-medically related issue)

February 24th, 2012, 07:14 AM
LoriLou35's Avatar Veteran
Absolutely!!! I wear a 36E bra, and I would just about KILL for a breast reduction. DH and I are TTC so I'm waiting. I want to still be able to nurse.

That said, NO I would never be ok with a teen having cosmetic surgery of any kind. When I was a kid I always wanted a nose job. I thought my nose was SO UGLY. Now that I'm older I wouldn't change it at all. It's just who I am. Teenagers are looking at themselves through the lens of their peers. I think they should wait until they can see themselves with their own eyes rather than through the critical eyes of other teens. Does that make sense?

February 24th, 2012, 07:46 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
i would NEVER let my child get plastic surgery for any reason unless it was medically necessary....as for myself??? even though i would like a tummy tuck...would i ever actually do it if i had the funds? no... cause to me its just a waste of money anyways...you are gonna get old and saggy no matter what...why waste the money?
magz88 likes this.
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 24th, 2012, 08:43 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
I would never let Alexis get plastic surgery, unless medically needed. Not until she's an adult, knows risks vs benefits and can sign the papers herself.

Me? I say Id get a breast reduction.. but I probably actually wouldn't. I'm a wuss.

February 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No plastic surgery for me. Yeah, I'd love to see a little less flab here & there, but eh, it's me. I'm pretty happy with how I look.

I would never allow Leah to get plastic surgery unless absolutely medically necessary. As a teenager, you're still growing and developing, both physically AND emotionally. Not to mention, I would never want to send the message that her body is flawed in some way and she should "fix" it.

February 24th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've definitely thrown around the ideas of a tummy tuck here and there but honestly I'd feel like it was a waste of money and that it was cheating lol I wouldn't be able to do it.

No way would I ever let my kids get plastic surgery done without a medical necessity backing it. I'm really hoping by the time they're adults I'll have helped teach them to love themselves for who they are and not for who/what they think they should look like.
youngwoman likes this.

February 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I would love a breastlift. I LOVE my girlies, but after alot of weight gain and 2 children, they arent as perky as i'd like!

and NO WAY would i let one of my children get plastic surgery. they are so perfect.

February 24th, 2012, 02:48 PM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me, I'd love a breast lift, and either a reduction or augmentation. Just want them to be even so depends which boob was getting the work

I would never in a billion years allow Jackson to get plastic surgery unless it was a medical necessity.

February 24th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would not let my child get any plastic surgery as a teen. How young and beautiful do you really need to be, geesh! As for myself, I need a tummy tuck badly.....I think I'd be too chicken to get one.

February 24th, 2012, 08:12 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I've had a breast reduction and if losing weight doesn't take them back down to a manageable size after I'm done having children, I will probably save to get another one along with a lift!

I come from a different perspective having had DDD/E breasts at 15 years old. If my daughters happen to be equally blessed and as miserable as I was physically and emotion-wise, I think I would be willing to allow something like a breast reduction before they turn 18. It would depend on their maturity and the rationale behind it. Otherwise, it would have to be for something that is causing them serious psychological harm (like a deformity) or they'd have to wait until they're 18 years old.

February 24th, 2012, 11:45 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I would never have any type of plastic surgery done ever...although a breast reduction would be nice. Ive had so many surgeries in my life so far that i could never go in to have one willingly.
February 25th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If nursing is successful, I will be losing weight afterwards to get a breast reduction seeing as I wear an I cup. I will probably get some implants to shape them at the same time.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search