Cleaning

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2012, 04:17 AM
LindsayMom09
Does DH help with the house cleaning?
Do you do any house cleaning on weekends?
Do you set aside one day a week specifically to do all the housework?
February 26th, 2012, 06:10 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does DH help with the house cleaning? He usually does whatever I ask him to help with. But he does not usually just do things on his own.
Do you do any house cleaning on weekends? Not usually. I keep weekends to family time.
Do you set aside one day a week specifically to do all the housework? a few things. I do the bathroom on Fridays and most of the laundry on Monday and Tuesday.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
February 26th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Does DH help with the house cleaning? Yes, he does. The older kids do too.

Do you do any house cleaning on weekends? Yes

Do you set aside one day a week specifically to do all the housework?
No way, I have to clean everyday just to keep us from living in filth. Six people and some pets in a smallish house = a lot of housework.
February 26th, 2012, 07:10 AM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does DH help with the house cleaning? *snort* I asked him over a week ago to sweep and mop the floors and he STILL hasn't done it. I am beyond pissed at this point.
Do you do any house cleaning on weekends? It's when I do most of it.
Do you set aside one day a week specifically to do all the housework? No, but I should. It would probably help me keep up with it better.

February 26th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does DH help with the house cleaning? Yes.
Do you do any house cleaning on weekends? Yes.
Do you set aside one day a week specifically to do all the housework? No, I have to clean everyday or I can't stand it. There is me and the hubby, my daughter, one cat, and one dog. The animal hair is soo annoying!

February 26th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
No, he doesnt help with anything around the house.
Yes, I do laundry or vacuuming on the weekends if needbe.
No, I do things whenever I feel like doing them...not just on one or two specific days.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 26th, 2012, 08:18 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Does DH help with the house cleaning? Not usually, but we are trying to sell our house and if there is a viewing he will help.He also looks after the vehicles and mowing the lawn/taking out the trash. But not really cleaning.
Do you do any house cleaning on weekends? I do it when needed, regardless of the day. As my children get older I will probably try to stick to weekdays
Do you set aside one day a week specifically to do all the housework? Nope, just as needed

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
February 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
My dh is great with the housework. He does the dishes and harrys bottles every night. Plus anything else that I am struggling with!

I do laundry at the weekend, cos a load a day keeps chaos away! but everything else is too much hassle and i do it during the week.

I dont have a specific day for anything.

February 26th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does DH help with the house cleaning? He will if I ask. If it's something I want done *right now* I have to actually express that, but yes, he will lol Rarely does he do anything without being asked first
Do you do any house cleaning on weekends? I keep the dishes done and usually Sundays are my laundry day but the rest of the housework gets done during the week while everyone's out of the house.
Do you set aside one day a week specifically to do all the housework? No. I do dishes every single night before I go to bed and everything else gets done as needed.

February 26th, 2012, 04:10 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
housecleaning is pretty much a daily thing for me...i dont really save it for any specific day....dh kinda helps when i ask (cough force cough) or if its to the point where its driving him batty...usually on the weekends when we aren't doing anything cause he is the type that HAS to do SOMETHING...lol....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 26th, 2012, 04:50 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Does DH help with the house cleaning? oh yes.
Do you do any house cleaning on weekends? we clean daily.
Do you set aside one day a week specifically to do all the housework? nope, everyday stuff gets done.
February 26th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH only cleans in spurts, and thats when he goes on a spree and annoys the heck out of me.
I do deep cleaning the weekend before he comes home, like scrubbing the bathroom, washing all the sheets, but I try to clean dailey, between him and the baby things get messy fast in our small apt.

February 26th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH doesn't really clean, but he does cook!!!
I try to do minimal cleaning on the weekend, since that's our family time. I de-clutter and keep up with the dishes, but that's it.
I have been working on the "Flylady" program, which is a little bit of cleaning each day. I tried doing ONE specific cleaning day, and I always wound up spending the day out of the house, lol.
February 26th, 2012, 08:55 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Does DH help with the house cleaning? Like Tasia's situation, my dh will if I ask, but he rarely does it on his own. He initiated a new system, but the same two things have been on his list for weeks, even with the deadline I gave him having passed.
Do you do any house cleaning on weekends? Only what needs to be done.
Do you set aside one day a week specifically to do all the housework? no, I prefer to do a little each day!

February 27th, 2012, 06:50 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does DH help with the house cleaning? Yep, he often starts laundry if needed, does dishes some nights, and deep cleans our shower.
Do you do any house cleaning on weekends? Rarely, I'd rather enjoy family time.
Do you set aside one day a week specifically to do all the housework? Nope, I do different things each day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search