But I forgot!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your kid/s go to bed and all of the sudden remember that they forgot to do their homework, get a drink, brush their teeth, etc. Do you let them get up and do what they "forgot" or do they have to wait until morning?

February 28th, 2012, 06:54 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If Leah needs to go potty or absolutely needs a certain stuffed animal to sleep with, then that's fine. Otherwise, everything else must wait - just last week, she was concerned that she had to clean up the toys on her floor. This girl NEVER wants to clean up, so I knew it was just a stalling tactic!

February 28th, 2012, 07:38 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
they usually dont forget but I do haha i told elyse she had to work on some more homework from last week but i totally forgot to have her do it...blah ohh well...
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 28th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
My kids are grouches(especially my oldest) when they are halfway or fully asleep and woken up.

There is NO way Id wake them for something as trivial as getting a drink or brushing teeth.

If they had homework they'd get up a bit early and do it.

If I thought they needed to go potty and I didnt make them beforehand then Id probably wake them. If they take medicines and forgot then Id definately wake them to get it in them but that would really be the only thing Id wake them for.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 28th, 2012, 10:24 AM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It would have to wait until morning. If he needs to pee, he can get up to do that but that is it.

February 28th, 2012, 11:43 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwoman View Post
If Leah needs to go potty or absolutely needs a certain stuffed animal to sleep with, then that's fine. Otherwise, everything else must wait - just last week, she was concerned that she had to clean up the toys on her floor. This girl NEVER wants to clean up, so I knew it was just a stalling tactic!
OMG Alexis does this. She did exactly THAT the other night. I had her tucked in and she said "Oh mama! I totally forgot to put my puzzle together, and I left it on the floor. I don't want to leave that mess there" yeahhhhhh right.

She doesn't really forget stuff, though, because I'm still a solid part of her routine. I will always make sure she has her homework done, because we do it together and I look it over. At night, we read a book together, then I say "k, brush your teeth, get your PJ's on, go pee", etc. So she won't forget anything, I always remind her.

She stalls me, instead, by calling me into her room 5 times AFTER I leave for silly crap. "I think I dropped a piece of toilet paper on the floor before. I need a sip of water. I would like to tell the cat good night"

February 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgeMadge View Post
She stalls me, instead, by calling me into her room 5 times AFTER I leave for silly crap. "I think I dropped a piece of toilet paper on the floor before. I need a sip of water. I would like to tell the cat good night"
YES! Exactly. "My belly is sticking out. My blanket fell on the floor. I want to put Daisy Duck on the chair." Seriously, kid?

February 28th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol ahh memories.. My kids used to be so bad about doing stuff like that. They had to have everything just so all of the sudden. JUST after getting tucked in of course.

Now, though, we all run down our nighttime to-do lists and whatever doesn't get done waits until morning. Of course if they really have to go to the restroom they can but if they start wondering around afterward or something they have to get their little butts back in bed pronto!

February 28th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stay in bed unless they have to use the restroom. I do allow for them to get drinks if they need it, but peeing is a requirement for a drink.... I don't like accidents.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

February 29th, 2012, 04:23 PM
LindsayMom09
Haha those "stalling tactics" cracked me up, especially the "I would like to tell the cat goodnight" line Too cute! Kids really will try anything

When it comes to the "I forgot" stage I would allow for a drink and the bathroom, but that's it. Bedtime is bedtime around here!
February 29th, 2012, 07:06 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Raleigh is our little staller..lol. She will always "remember" that she forgot her water or animal or something as i am tucking her into bed. She also does this with a lot of other things as well..it can be frustrating but its just how she is lol. So we gently remind her of anything we think she will "forget" before we get to that point so we dont waste time.
March 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
lol Raianna is a big staller....she always comes down cause she "forgot" something its like come on kid....and honestly i wouldn't make her go to bed as early as I do if they didnt have to be up so early in the am for school....and it frustrates her that she has to go to bed at 8pm....shes 11 years old...so she hates that bedtime...but they havve to be up by 6:45am for school....i do let her stay up and read in bed til about 830-9...but she HAS to be in bed....usually shes passed out by 9 lol
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 1st, 2012, 07:48 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
It depends on what it is. If it absolutely cannot wait, then i allow it eg toilet, medicine... thats all i can think of tbh. I dont allow drinks, cos he has one before he goes up which i remember, so if he says he is thirsty i dont believe him.

In fairness to him, he rarely tries to stall. He knows it doesnt fly with me and ends up in trouble!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search