BFF

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheOnlyPink

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2012, 10:48 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Do you have many friends?
Do you find it hard to keep in touch with people since you became a mom?

March 1st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have several close friends, but I do find it hard to keep in touch as we all have kids and lives of our own. But when we do get together or talk, it's like we talk every day. FB helps us keep in touch a lot better though.

March 1st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did back in OK, i had a ton of friends, we lived in small town so I knew everyone, and had a lot of the same friends since kindergarten.
I have made one, maybe two friends since we moved here in Dec 09... one is from work, and I only see her to babysit her daughter twice a month, the other is Dhs cousin's girlfriend, we don't see eachother often though.
I miss having friends, and being a stay at home mom in a city where I don't know anyone outside of Dhs family makes it pretty hard to meet people.
I try to stay in touch with my close friends from back home, on FB and through calls and text, but its really only 2-3 that I still talk to.

March 1st, 2012, 11:51 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I have a few....one friend from high school....my next door neighbor....and 2 other ladies I meet after we moved here their kids go/went to school with mine...i said went for one cause they since moved to another district but we still do things together sometimes...usually during the summer months we go to the lake and the kids go wild in the water
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
My best friend moved away Only 4.5 hours, but still..
I've known her since we were 6. We went to Kindergarten together. She moved away last summer to take an awesome job opportunity.
Thankfully, we have FB and texting and what not to keep in close touch, but I miss her.
I have friends here, but no one like her.

March 2nd, 2012, 04:46 AM
I dont really have any friends. I have people that i meet at certain things, like the parent and toddler group, but i dont really have anyone that i can pick up the phone and call/text.

although i have met a lady and we are going shopping next week. Its such a big deal my dh is taking the day off work to mind the kids so i can go on my own! i havent been out with a friend since before i had jake. Once i had him all my friends seemed to disappear.

That prob makes me seem like such a saddo! but ime, people with kids already have friends and are too busy to make new ones!

March 2nd, 2012, 06:15 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My best friend lives 4-5 hours away, so we make do with phone calls, FB, and the occasional visit. Here, I have a few friends from when I worked but we only get together every few months. Everyone has kids and they all work/go to school so it's certainly more difficult to work out a time that is good for everyone.

March 2nd, 2012, 04:21 PM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best friend lives on the opposite side of the country now. I miss her, but she is a teacher so she comes home during breaks, and we do text and call as well. Locally, I really only have two. One of them I barely see because between the two of us, our schedules are too hard to coordinate. My friend Angie comes over once in awhile. I have another very good friend who lives an hour away, and we very rarely see each other, but we keep in touch via phone, fb and the occasional msn chat.

March 2nd, 2012, 07:47 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I don't have any really close friends here that I would consider BFF's, but there are a few people that I can go and visit with and have coffee with, etc.

I am really into attachment parenting, and I just tried to start an AP group in my area and got a decent reception, so perhaps I will meet some awesome people that way.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 3rd, 2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
I am really into attachment parenting, and I just tried to start an AP group in my area and got a decent reception, so perhaps I will meet some awesome people that way.
I'm really AP too. And now my AP eldest is almost 5 and doing really well, i have so much more confidence with my new baby!
I really hope your AP group goes well! Its so great having people who share your beliefs and to give you support.
joonzgurl likes this.

March 5th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Veteran
Do you have many friends? Outside my family...no. My siblings & their spouses seem to be my go to people for friend time.

Do you find it hard to keep in touch with people since you became a mom? Yes. Unless they have kids that are friends with ours, it's hard to stay in touch. There are a few from back home that I keep in touch with as best as I can.

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

March 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
It's hard to have friends when you are a stay at home mom. My BF and I used to hang out every week or so taking turns going to each other's house. Then she got a job at home and our time dwindled, then she moved an hour away and found a full time job...last time I seen her was for her daughters 4th birthday party. Since then no texts, calls, visits etc.

I have a problem keeping friends cuz they either get jobs or we just lose touch. I have a life-long friend I've known since she was born who lives in Canada that I text every now and then and I get to see her once a yr when she comes down to the states.

Other than that, I don't really have a BF anymore...maybe it'll change once I get to know these mom's at my daughters new school and it helps that they all live in the same city I do

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search