Saturday Shopping

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2012, 04:26 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Do you ever hold your breath at the checkout in case your groceries are more expensive than you had planned and you dont have enough cash?

What is your most expensive item on your grocery list?

How much is your grocery budget?

Do you shop around?

March 3rd, 2012, 05:33 AM
LindsayMom09
Do you ever hold your breath at the checkout in case your groceries are more expensive than you had planned and you dont have enough cash? YES! Every time I have money in my account to back me up if I really needed it, but I absolutely hate having to use it.

What is your most expensive item on your grocery list? Nappies when I need them, or else meat. I feel like I spend way too much money on meat every week, but I really don't see how I can cut down.

How much is your grocery budget? £70 per week. I've cut down to that from £100 and doing nicely so far!

Do you shop around? I do price comparisons on the supermarket's website the night before I do my grocery shop to check the price on the things that I really need. I work out which would be cheaper combined, and go there. I try to stick to Tescos when possible though because of the rewards. I just love getting money back vouchers through the post!
March 3rd, 2012, 06:24 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you ever hold your breath at the checkout in case your groceries are more expensive than you had planned and you dont have enough cash? Yes! I do have a pretty good estimate in my head of what it'll cost but I do watch the total with anticipation to make sure I'm right.

What is your most expensive item on your grocery list? Meat for sure. We try to do a few meatless meals per week because of that.

How much is your grocery budget? $400-500 per month (depends on how many weeks per month)

Do you shop around? Yes!!! Every weekend, I look at all the grocery store ads and figure out my gameplan from there.

March 3rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you ever hold your breath at the checkout in case your groceries are more expensive than you had planned and you dont have enough cash? No, I plan them out too carefully for that to happen.

What is your most expensive item on your grocery list? Definitely meat.

How much is your grocery budget? $300 a month. Really need it to be more, but neither of us has enough extra to add to it.

Do you shop around? Oh yes. I scour all the flyers, and I also have a pretty good idea of which store carries certain items for a little less.

March 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Do you ever hold your breath at the checkout in case your groceries are more expensive than you had planned and you dont have enough cash? Never. DH always shops with me, and he calculates on his phone as we go along. We always know how much it will be when we check out. Otherwise,

What is your most expensive item on your grocery list? Meats

How much is your grocery budget? $115 a week

Do you shop around? Not really. We go to one store, and I don't look at the ads.

March 4th, 2012, 02:22 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Do you ever hold your breath at the checkout in case your groceries are more expensive than you had planned and you dont have enough cash? Yes, even if i am 100% sure i have more than enough. its like my biggest fear! Its never happened, but i think i would just die if i had to put some stuff back!

What is your most expensive item on your grocery list? Formula. Its €11 a tub. But i also spend a ridiculous amount on fabric softener, its a luxury item i allow! I love when my clothes smell nice and the cheaper brands just dont have that staying power! So i spend €5 for a bottle of fabric softener A good chunk of my budget goes in the fruit and veg isle too.

How much is your grocery budget? I try to keep it to about €70 a week, but i find its getting harder and harder, and the past few weeks its been closer to €100, even tho i am buying the same things.

Do you shop around? I do check prices, but the difference is never more than a few cent on a handful of items, so its not worth the cost of extra petrol.

March 4th, 2012, 07:49 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Do you ever hold your breath at the checkout in case your groceries are more expensive than you had planned and you dont have enough cash? Sometimes, but I am usually confident I will have enough cash

What is your most expensive item on your grocery list? Probably cheese, meat or diapers

How much is your grocery budget? Our food and personal items (including diapers, deoderant, toothpaste, etc) is $600CAD a month

Do you shop around? Not usually, it is hard with the baby. I used to go to the cheapest place (since I have a good idea of what prices are at all the stores) however that place does not pack your groceries for you or help you out to your car. With the baby and shopping on my own, in the dead of winter, I sacrifice the cheapest price and go to the store that has the best service. They also have the best produce so it is a bit of a trade off

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Veteran
Do you ever hold your breath at the checkout in case your groceries are more expensive than you had planned and you dont have enough cash? Not usually. I'm pretty confident I'll have enough & that I've stayed within the budget.

What is your most expensive item on your grocery list?Dairy. Everyone loves milk, cheese & yogurt

How much is your grocery budget? About $500 a week, and we usually come in short of it.

Do you shop around? No. We don't have much choice here, but Costco can be a life saver sometimes.

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search