Are you a mean Mommy too?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 1 Post By LoveMySonshine

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2012, 01:32 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Yesterday jake was pushing every button, and had been warned for days that if he kept it up i would take his weeks pocket money. So i did. I feel awful cos he worked really hard for it by doing his chores, and he is saving so hard to buy a lego XWing (€60, which is millions to a 4 year old!) but his behaviour was just dire and i had to so something, and i used it as a threat so i had to follow through. Still feel awful about it!

Do you ever feel bad about a punishment, even though you know it was the right thing to do?

March 4th, 2012, 05:08 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you did the right thing. Especially since you already gave him multiple warnings; by following through with it, he hopefully saw that you meant business!

When I've taken toys away from Leah, and she cries, I always feel bad even though I know it's sometimes the only way to get through to her.

March 4th, 2012, 06:41 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I am not at that stage yet, however I hope that when my kids are old enough I am able to follow through and be a mean mommy. I think consistence and consequences are esential, and when I threaten with something, I want them to know I mean it.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 4th, 2012, 09:32 AM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
You done the right thing. Multiple warnings are good enough for a 4 yr old maybe it'll stick in his head. I feel bad after punishing my daughter, every single time. I take her toys away from her if she doesn't clean them up. This past Wednesday I told my little girl to get dressed so she could be ready for story time and she never got dressed so she ended up missing story time last week. She can dress herself but she's lazy lol.
March 4th, 2012, 11:39 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
you have to be a mean mommy sometimes....and know that it is for the best! my kids tell me im mean all the time...but when they are adults and have their own kids...they'll understand until then...they will just have to deal with it....i did as a kid and i survived and now know my mom really wasn't "mean"
TheOnlyPink likes this.
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 4th, 2012, 12:27 PM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel bad sometimes, but I know it has to be done. Just this weekend he wasn't allowed to go to a birthday party. He'd been bad all week and we told him if he got in trouble one more time, no matter how small, he wasn't going. So, he didn't go. He had multiple warnings, so after he calmed down I told him he made the choice. He knew what the consequences would be, but he still chose to do something he knew wasn't right. Then we talked about his behaviour.
TheOnlyPink likes this.

March 4th, 2012, 12:59 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
yes lately ive been yelling a lot and i hate it

I am just so tired and stressed with all the doctors, surgeries, bad behavior from oldest dd and just everything is getting to me.
March 5th, 2012, 06:43 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Thanks for all the support for me doing the right thing. I know in my heart it was right, and he totally accepted his punishment, and it worked because he has been brilliant since, but i just feel awful cos he worked so hard for it. I'm giving him lots of opportunities to earn extra this week tho. and in fairness to him, he is a great little worker! My house is gleaming!

March 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ALWAYS feel bad....EVERY single time! I've been punishing for a long time now and it's never easy!

March 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kiliki* View Post
you have to be a mean mommy sometimes....and know that it is for the best! my kids tell me im mean all the time...but when they are adults and have their own kids...they'll understand until then...they will just have to deal with it....i did as a kid and i survived and now know my mom really wasn't "mean"
Ditto

Forever remembering your smiling face.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search