Kiddie Style

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Do any of you moms of boys find it hard to get cute clothes for your sons?

Do any moms of girls feel that the clothes available for their daughters are too "grown up?"

What other problems do you feel you face when clothes shopping for your children?

March 5th, 2012, 07:00 AM
LindsayMom09
Yes! I find it SO hard to shop for Harvey because either I am way too fussy or else some clothing stores just don't have a great selection :-/ It is beyond frustrating! I went to Next to pick Harvey up a few things and while I usually love that place and get most of Harvey's clothes from there, I did not see ONE thing that I liked. Most of it was little cardigans, shirts and ties or pink t-shirts...yuck! I picked up a few things in Asda the other day though, their clothes are very cute. Or Sainsbury's which aren't too bad either.
March 5th, 2012, 08:01 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
i dont find that the clothes are too grown up for the girls....i usually shop at target and they are typically good at having kids clothes BE kids clothes...not clothes you would see on an older teenager or an adult....

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 5th, 2012, 08:04 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kiliki* View Post
i dont find that the clothes are too grown up for the girls....i usually shop at target and they are typically good at having kids clothes BE kids clothes...not clothes you would see on an older teenager or an adult....
Likewise. We shop at Target and Old Navy, for the most part, and it's always age appropriate in the kids section.. in my opinion, anyway. I've never looked at anything and said "yikes!".

March 5th, 2012, 09:02 AM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I hate buying clothes for Jackson here. Everything seems to be so 'jocky'. Like it's all sports numbers, or stuff like that. What is so hard about just having plan cute shirts, etc?

March 5th, 2012, 10:55 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i dont like girls clothes because they mostly all are "to grown up" looking around here. boys clothes i hate because they are mostly character clothes but ds loves cars and toy story so we have a lot :/
March 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayMom09 View Post
Yes! I find it SO hard to shop for Harvey because either I am way too fussy or else some clothing stores just don't have a great selection :-/ It is beyond frustrating! I went to Next to pick Harvey up a few things and while I usually love that place and get most of Harvey's clothes from there, I did not see ONE thing that I liked. Most of it was little cardigans, shirts and ties or pink t-shirts...yuck! I picked up a few things in Asda the other day though, their clothes are very cute. Or Sainsbury's which aren't too bad either.
I found the exact same with next recently. They even had NOTHING for harry. Most of the shop was girls clothes. even the boys "section" had a few rails of girls clothes. and the things they did have for harry were all navy and grey. I dont want to put such dull colours on my tiny baby. I want nice pale blues, and pretty baby colours!
The stuff for jake was so awful! it was either pinks and purples or black. no happy in between colours.

We dont have sainsburys or asda, i can usually get a few bits for jake in tesco, but i'm finding it so hard to get nice things for harry. i'm actually browsing online atm to see if i can find anything. I'm beyond frustrated.

March 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, it is hard. It's either super preppy or sports or characters. gag

Forever remembering your smiling face.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search