Are you happy?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2012, 06:47 AM
LindsayMom09
Are you happy with where you are in your life right now?
If you could change one thing, what would it be?
March 8th, 2012, 07:06 AM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
I'm OK. I'm Happy but not Thrilled...

If I could change one thing, I'd be going to school right now to get my diploma in the IT field, I'm hoping to attempt it once my daughter is in school full time.
March 8th, 2012, 07:12 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very happy. My kids are so wonderful and bright. My husband is supportive. We are financially sound, finally.

The only thing I would change is that we'd like to live closer to DH's job so he is closer to home... plus we would buy a larger house.

Guess if I could change another thing it would be my weight . I'd take off 40 pounds.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
March 8th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
No, I have moments during the day Im happy but wouldnt say Im overall happy.

Just a lot of emotional stress with Dans illness. That kinda takes the wind out of my sails and the kids behaving poorly due to the stress in the house and all that jazz.

If Dans cancer was gone...Id be happy because things would smooth out around here and the highs and lows wouldnt be so dang harsh.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 8th, 2012, 07:37 AM
MammaHutch
I am not happy nor upset if that makes sense. I am happy with my marriage and my son but I am not happy that we still dont have our own place. We are living with my dad until we save enough money (again) to get our own place. If I could change one thing it would be for DH mom to leave us the heck alone. Her "advice" and "two sense" does not help nor is wanted.
March 8th, 2012, 11:56 AM
luv2bemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm happy with everything except our living conditions. I REALLY can't wait until we get a house of our own!
March 8th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Actually, I am happy. I have a tiny baby boy that I am so in love with and my older two are just amazing. DH is at home until Apr 3, so we have been getting along well. I am not worried about money, actually getting ready to buy a van. I am happy and content right now and it has been a long time coming. I needed Gavin, he truly has made me happy.

The only thing in my life I would change is to have more money so DH could be home more and I could have more babies.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

March 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am very happy and content. We're healthy, doing well financially, and I've been feeling confident and practicing good self-care.

March 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
this morning when i woke up i would have said NO! dh was all grumpy last night over JUICE...cause we had none in the house...ugh really?!?! i know work is stressing him out but sometimes he brings it home and then it falls onto me...its like really....ugh frustrating

other than that yes i am happy we are financially stable, our daughters are happy and healthy...we have a beautiful home....

i think if i could change anything would be dhs disability...with his back and hips...a 33yr old man should not have to walk with a cane and it puts a little bit of stress on me cause i do 80% of the work outside and inside of the house....

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
im happy but id like a bigger car and bigger home
March 8th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
No, I have moments during the day Im happy but wouldnt say Im overall happy.

Just a lot of emotional stress with Dans illness. That kinda takes the wind out of my sails and the kids behaving poorly due to the stress in the house and all that jazz.

If Dans cancer was gone...Id be happy because things would smooth out around here and the highs and lows wouldnt be so dang harsh.
Lady Lotus:
Oh my goodness, my heart goes out to u. I am sorry. I imagine Dan is ur hubby?
You must be a very strong woman to make it this far. On the eays that ur feelings helpless and low, do remember that there is a God up there ......and that miracles do happen.....IF U BELIEVE.
Meanwhile, cancer has been in my family, and it is a very touchy subject. It can break u if u allow it to. I was very close to my aunts, they were like my mother to me, and they both had cancer.
I go to church every Sunday and I will pray for Dan.
March 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm definitely very happy!!!!

There are plenty of things I'd change, though. I'm torn between wanting to own our home and having certain family members (DH's family, mostly) live closer. I guess it would be nice if we could move somewhere close to them and buy a house .
March 10th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Yep very

More free time together as a family. But we do have quite a bit. I'm just being greedy
March 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I am pretty much happy, we don't have any financial worries at the moment and I get to stay home with my baby, but there are some things I would change.

- MY weight for sure. I have a really hard time taking any off, and I need to lose about 100lbs.
- DH would be able to quit his job and farm full time, instead of working long hours between his fill time job, 1 hour commute, and farming

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 11th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Overall, I'd say yes. Of course there are the bad days here and there. I'm very happy with my three beautiful children and that I'm able to stay home and raise them.

However...

I'm still having a little trouble letting go of wanting to go back to work and be out of the house, around other adults, etc. I wouldn't trade Haevyn for anything in the world and I am so incredibly in love with her, but if I'm being honest, we didn't create her at the right time for me, mentally, physically or emotionally. But that's all right .. holding and snuggling her is enough to make all the bad stuff go away and I know as she grows up it'll get even better

Something I would change would be Joe's work schedule. I hate him working the hours he does because between him sleeping and working we don't see him very often during the week and then on weekends he wants to relax and not do much so I get quite frustrated about that.

March 11th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
I am pretty much happy, we don't have any financial worries at the moment and I get to stay home with my baby, but there are some things I would change.

- MY weight for sure. I have a really hard time taking any off, and I need to lose about 100lbs.
- DH would be able to quit his job and farm full time, instead of working long hours between his fill time job, 1 hour commute, and farming
Hi there!
My name is Parisa and I was wondring if u have ever heard of Atkins? Some people have negative thoughts a out it becuz they think that the person who does atkins will be eating nothign but tons and tons of meat and grease. That is not true.
If u want I can give u so much info, help and support to help u lose weight. I had been a bigger girl ever since I was born. I can say I tried eveyr single diet that there ever exists out there. Nothing ever worked. I NEVER EVEN SHED A SINGLE POUND, SERIOUSLY!
So, I came to believe and accept that: hey, this is my bod, God makes us all different, and I can not change the way I look, I am okay with being fat for the rest of my life.
So, my sis wanted to start Atkins cuz someone had given her a book on it as a gift. SHe kept urging me to try it with her and she begged me. I was getting pissed off. So, I said.........no! leave me the hell alone! I don't want to try anything anymore, they don't work, I go hungry, I starve and I amokay with the way that I look. Finally, I promised her this: okay, if u lose any weight at all, then i will try it. Keep in mind my sis loves to eat and she is a compulsive eater who cheats on all of her diets. FInally, everytime that I saw her, this girl was getting smaller and smaller! I had to get myself one of these books, so to make a long story short, I lost 55 pounds. What I liked about it is that u don't have to wait for three months for it to happen, it happens fast! and it is such a natural high that I had never felt before. Everyone kept telling me that I was losing so much weight and I looked great and all. By the way, I had high blood sugar, and now i don't. After two years, I lost three aunts in a matter of six months. It destroyed me! So, I turned to food and gained. Once again, I did Atkins and lost 43 pounds quite quickly.
What do u think? Is it something u wanna try?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search