Favourite children's books?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
What are yours and your kids favourite children's books?

We love Peepo, Room on the broom, I will not ever eat a tomato, Each peach pear plum and the oxford reading tree series with Biff, Chip and Kipper
March 11th, 2012, 04:16 AM
LindsayMom09
We don't exactly have any specific favourites as such, but my son loves books with pictures of farm animals so we can point them out and make all their sounds. He also loves Gruffalo books.
March 11th, 2012, 02:28 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
We have moved on from his favorites "a squash and a squeeze" "Tatty Mc Tat" and the classic fairytales, three billy goats gruff and the gingerbread man to some roald dahl books. We got revolting rhymes for christmas and we all love it! he is a little young to appreciate them fully (looks at me weird when i have to stop reading cos i am laughing so hard) but does appreciate the disgusting nature!

March 11th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Well, when I was a kid I loved reading Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary and the Sweet Valley High books. As well as stuff like Little Women and The Great Brain and Shel Silverstein.

My oldest son, he's nearly 8, just finished Tom Sawyer and enjoyed it. None of my boys have particular favorites except books with Disney stories in them.
They have enjoyed some of the Shel Silverstein poems I have read to them. And when they are all a bit older Im going to read The Great Brain to them cuz I know they will LOVE it as I did, they just arent old enough yet to "get it". LOL

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 11th, 2012, 05:49 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
right now Helena likes "Little Bea" and "Honey Bunny, Funny Bunny"
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 12th, 2012, 09:36 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I love "The Monster at the End of this Book" and the PJ Funnybunny series. Em isn't old enough to have favorites, but she loves to be read to!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search