reduced chemical/chemical free toiletries and beauty products

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Lately I have been into buying toiletries with less chemicals. It's almost become a bit of a hobby haha. I have bought soap, shampoo/shower gel and a bubble bath from lush and have been buying the most gorgeous bath mallows from bomb cosmetics (highly recommended! ) then yesterday I picked up the new sanex 0% chemical shower gel/bubble bath. Has anyone got anymore recommendations?

I've also been buying eco friendly cleaning products but that would make a much less exciting post!
March 10th, 2012, 05:32 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
i buy this type of cleaners...

Cleaning Products - Naturally Derived | Green Works
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the link! I'll have to see if they're available in the UK. The ones I have been using are called "method" cleaners.
March 11th, 2012, 04:35 AM
LindsayMom09
I don't use reduced chemical shower gel/shampoo for my fiance and I, but I do use all natural for our son. I buy California Baby, Organic Babies and Johnsson's Naural's, all of which I buy on the internet. I also use natural cleaners around my house too, I buy Method, Green Works, Ecover and Planet Earth. I do buy the occasional chemical cleaner and bath product but it's very rare.
March 11th, 2012, 09:40 AM
How did I not know about Johnson's naturals?!! Thanks!
March 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I wonder how much of those products is actually natural, and how much is marketing? There is not much you can't clean with baking soda or vinnegar. Not that I do that, lol! I also use green works but only because it was on sale and I had a coupon. But I think I should start trying to just use vinnegar and baking soda. Get rid of the chemicals we have in our house!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 11th, 2012, 02:01 PM
LindsayMom09
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonzgurl View Post
I wonder how much of those products is actually natural, and how much is marketing? There is not much you can't clean with baking soda or vinnegar. Not that I do that, lol! I also use green works but only because it was on sale and I had a coupon. But I think I should start trying to just use vinnegar and baking soda. Get rid of the chemicals we have in our house!
I wondered the same thing too. I do use baking soda and vinegar sometimes around my house, but while some say it doesn't leave a vinegar smell behind, I definitely dispute that it does. So I don't do it too often. For me the choice was made for me when my doctor said I have to stop using so many chemicals on my hands because I suffer with BAD dermatitus The natural cleaners aren't so harsh on my broken skin which is nice. That's the reason why I use natural on my son too, because he too suffers from very inflamed skin Before all that though, when my fiance and I first moved in together, I used a lot of normal cleaners and thought nothing of it!
March 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I clean a lot with vinegar and baking soda. The only place I use chemicals are in the kitchen because I'm paranoid. Emily gets aveeno shampoo which has minimal chemicals in it. I buy regular shampoo and body wash for myself.

Also, Lindsay there was recently some articles here about how they added some chemicals to California Baby. I think it was Sodium Benzoate? Anyway, some of the girls online were complaining that it was drying out their kids skin and considering the expense of that brand, just thought you might want to know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search