I'm still alive...sort of...

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheOnlyPink

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2012, 07:01 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I'm still alive, although I'm entering zombie mode.

Josie and I are still doing well. Emily is still struggling a bit with the transition, but probably more so because of the other changes in the house. Jeff and I were gone for the weekend of Josie's birth and my parents stayed here with her. Then, Jeff was home for a week. My mom came up that weekend and was here for 2 weeks while Jeff was gone. Jeff just got back from 2 weeks of training in Alabama and my mom (who stayed with me while he was gone) has returned back to Florida. All the while, I was unable to comfort or pick her up. So there's been a lot of changes here and I think she's feeling a bit uncertain about who's here and whether or not they're staying.

I've gotten my staples out and I feel like things are back to normal. I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks and for the last 3-4 days I've been moving like normal. It's pretty amazing what the body can do.

I'm struggling a bit with the feeding and napping schedules. Josie takes a long time to nurse and then still gets a supplement of formula. It's really important to me that I breastfeed since pumping would be horribly impractical with Emily running amok. I really struggled with Emily and went to pumping about 4 or 5 days after she was born. After a month of pumping every 2-3 hours (even through the night to maintain supply), I gave up. I'm at te 3 week mark nursing Josie and she's doing great. The only thing is even after 45 minutes to an hour on each breast she's still hungry and often takes 4 oz of formula, so I know she needs some supplementing. She's so patient though.

It seems like just when I get Emily down for a nap, Josie wakes up to eat. By the time I nurse and bottle feed, Emily is back up and Josie is sleeping. When my mom was here, she'd bottle feed her after I finished nursing or take care of Emily while I napped. Not sure what I'm going to do when I'm home by myself this week.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in. I miss you girls and hope this schedule works itself out soon! Here are a few pics to hold you over.

March 10th, 2012, 10:28 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Glad all is going well. I hope Emily adjust soon for you..I know how hard that can be
March 11th, 2012, 04:01 AM
LindsayMom09
Gen! So nice to see you stop by

I'm glad everyone is doing well. I'm sorry Emily is having a hard time adjusting, I hope she will come round soon. Those pics are adorable, you have been truly blessed with two perfect little girls!
March 11th, 2012, 05:43 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What little doll babies . Set goals for yourself w/ breast feeding. I liked to do a 6 week goal, then 3 months, then 6.... it REALLY helps!

Forever remembering your smiling face.
March 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Love your photos! i am sorry it has been a bit difficult for Emily, but I am sure in a week or so you guys will be well adjusted and it will seem like Josie was always there! Hang in there mama!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 11th, 2012, 09:53 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
ohh she is precious!!! good luck with the schedule!! *hugs*

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 11th, 2012, 10:51 AM
MammaHutch
Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE her owl onesie! I hope your schedule gets better!!
March 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
omg gen she is just a little doll! Emily is just a sugarpie. I hope she adjusts a bit soon, its a hard thing to deal with. I feel terrible about jake having a hard time. Someone explained it to me in a good way which helped me understand how he was feeling.
Its like your husband bringing home a new woman and saying "i loved you so much i decided i would get a new wife. Now i want you to be nice to her and love her, and share all my time with her."

that wouldnt fly with me, but it helps me put jakes feelings in perspective. Hope it helps you a bit too hun!

You will do great with the two of them by yourself! Its so scary tho!
feythful likes this.

March 12th, 2012, 06:01 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww, cuteness!

I'm sure now that things are settling down and you all get into a steady routine, Emily will adjust. Good luck on your own this week - you'll do great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search