Arguments

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dizzi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2012, 07:04 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
When was the last time you had a big argument with your dh/so?
Would you like to share what it was about?
Who said sorry first?

March 12th, 2012, 07:18 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
hmmm that would be about a week ago??? he FLIPPED out about not having juice in the house....he got all mad cause i said i would get some but i kept forgetting...i told him sorry for forgetting...but he was all stressed from work and just getting over being sick....he did apologize...butt head needs to stop bringing his stress home from work LOL

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 12th, 2012, 08:46 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
We tend to deal with issues when they come up, so I'm not sure we've had any "big" arguments in many, many years. The last one I can remember was about buying a second pack n play for Josie. He had originally told me we could buy one and then went all "do we REALLY need one?" about a week and a half before the baby was supposed to arrive. When he started talking about buying a crappy old truck to fix up and use for hunting, I used that as my leverage. "Wait, you want to spend a couple thousand on an old truck, but you don't think we need to spend $60 on something I will use every day?!" Yeah, that got it done and he apologized for waiting so long to order it and stressing me out.

March 12th, 2012, 09:11 AM
It's been a very long time. Hubby gets stressed about work so I just let him have a breather before talking about anything important.

March 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, we don't really have many arguments. The last BIG one was nearly 2 years ago over in-law issues.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
March 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I can't remember the last time we had a big fight, but it was probably me who apologized first. Always is!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 12th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess it depends on what constitutes "big" lol We have what seem like "big" fights/arguments to me all the time. I guess the last *actually* big fight we had was a few years ago. It was so big it almost ended our marriage. The last "what I felt was a big deal" argument was just a few days ago. When I was in the hospital Joe didn't come stay with me. I didn't expect him to over night because of the other two kids, but I had thought he'd at least come up during the days while the kids were in school and he didn't. When I came home the house was a wreck and trying to get him to help with the baby was just not happening. He was acting so skiddish like he'd never been around a baby before. It was just a lot of stuff all at once for me to deal with especially with my hormones so out of whack from just having a baby lol I ended up blowing up on him and he got his butt in gear and started getting stuff done. He even started making me sit down so he could get me stuff and do stuff for me. It was nice.

As for the apology... he never comes right out and apologizes anymore, he is more of an "actions speak louder than words" kind of person now. He used to be an "I'm sorry" s lut and I stopped listening when he'd say it. Now he just "proves it" I guess you could say.
feythful likes this.

March 12th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I figure the term "big" really depends on the person cuz what I deem big others may not.

Anywho, our last HUGE fight was like 6 yrs ago and it was about something really stupid like I said something he didnt appreciate or thought I was insulting him or something...we've had 2 HUGE fights and they were always about lame things and I always apologized cuz he never would.

He's blown up at me a few times over the years when he's been so stressed that something I said put him over the edge but he always said sorry within an hour. I dont call those arguments cuz I never said anything back LOL.

He has also gotten upset a few times in the past few months because his emotions were all over the place and he was depressed and all that jazz so when I tried to calm him he snapped so I just stopped talking and let him do this thing and feel better.
March 12th, 2012, 01:52 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I honestly don't remember the last "big" fight. Maybe three years ago or so? I think it was over financial stuff, because my mommy brain was terrible and I paid some bills late. Oops. He took over finances after that, which was a relief to me because he's so much better with money.

Most of our disagreements now are very minor and calm.

March 12th, 2012, 02:30 PM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
We just had a little argument. He has been mumbling terribly for the past 3 days and i am sick sh.. of straining to hear what he is saying and i flipped and told him if he cant talk properly than not to bother.
feel sorry already... I'm being unreasonable.

But thats about the extent of our arguments. Our one and only big one was when he bought his mother a gift for mothers day, my first mothers day as a mom. he hid it and then gave it to her on mothers day after he told me he didnt have a chance to get me anything.
I nearly left after that. It wasnt that i didnt get a gift, it was that he lied about it and was so sneaky. I hate sneaks.

March 13th, 2012, 03:51 AM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last time I asked him to mop the floors and after about 2 weeks he still hadn't done it. We started arguing and then he flipped on me and said "if you want something done so bad do it your *&%#ing self." Things were very tense for a long time. I think he is trying to suck up though, he just bought me a gift card to the bookstore.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search