Meal Planners and Fat Loosers

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 2 Post By *Kiliki*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2012, 07:25 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
What meal do you find the hardest to plan for and to stay on track with?

Have you any tips for people new to planning their meals?

Last edited by TheOnlyPink; March 12th, 2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Misleading title!
March 12th, 2012, 07:36 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
my only advice is for people to sign up at myfitnesspal.com

and ohh YOU DO NOT have to spend money to loose weight!!!!!
TheOnlyPink likes this.

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 12th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I didnt mean people on weight watchers, i ment people watching their weight! I think i'll change the title! Sorry for being so misleading!

March 12th, 2012, 07:48 AM
i understood hehe

i just see so many people wanting to go buy stuff to loose weight fast....like those body wraps?!?! are you kidding me?!?! you didn't put the weight on overnight...there is no magic pill or device or anything that will take the weight off overnight!!! it took years for you to put it on...it'll probably take years to take it off as well....hard work, dedication....changing your lifestyle...THAT is what is going to get the weight off...and most of all DO NOT FOCUS on the weight....keep your focus on being HEALTHY!!!!

i think the only t hing you should spend your money on is possible exercise equipment...maybe some workout dvds those things are actually helpful....dont play into the diet pills and stuff....and if you dont have the money for that stuff...heck GOOGLE can be your best friend and youtube LOL find some exercise videos online to show you proper exercises to do for what you want to accomplish

i went on a little bit of a tirade didnt i?? haha
acupofjoe and youngwoman like this.

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*

March 12th, 2012, 07:56 AM
You are so right tho kristy. I hear so many people doing these liquid diets, eating hardly anything, dropping 50lbs in a month but are miserable. I know i am not slim or a healthy weight, but i know there is only one way this fat is leaving my body, and thats with hard work and dedication. There is no simple solution. Eat less, move more. thats what it all boils down too. seems pretty simple doesnt it?

I am really struggling with lunchtime. I want to plan for it, and i know i could have a much healthier meal if i did cos i could prepare it in advance, but its soooooo hard. I never know what to eat!!!!

March 12th, 2012, 08:25 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Robyn, is there anything you used to eat for lunch that could be changed just a bit, like replacing the bread on a sandwich with a wrap or even wrapping your favorite sandwich contents in a big piece of lettuce instead of bread. I try to make minor adjustments to things I eat instead of planning whole new meals. Instead of having those chips or processed snacks, I'll have some veggies and hummus. Maybe replace my mayonnaise on my sandwich with plain greek yogurt.

March 12th, 2012, 10:47 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to all of Kristy's post! Preach it, girl!

Lunch was always my problem too. I'd be busy doing other things around the house and by the time I thought to eat, I was starving and grabbing whatever I could. Not always the best choices, ya know?

Now, I am addicted to the green smoothie. And it's SO fast to prepare that I whip one up really quick before I can shove anything else in my mouth. Today I did a turkey wrap and diced pineapple with my smoothie.

March 12th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lunch always gets me into trouble, too. I always remember to plan dinner, I always keep things around the house for breakfast .. but lunch? Psh. Yeah. IF I remember to eat lunch it's usually fast food or frozen something lol

March 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Gen, thats a good idea, but i'm not used to eating lunch at all. So i cant even modify my usual ones! I have no idea what healthy people eat at lunch time! I'vce been having soup since the middle of jan, and tbh, i'm really sick of it, I just dont know what else to have!

March 12th, 2012, 01:20 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
OMG tofu lettuce wraps are amazing..try those for an easy lunch.

I do good all day but i have a heck of a time at night once the kids are in bed all i want to do is sit on the couch, stuff my face and watch tv in peace.
March 12th, 2012, 01:23 PM
My biggest problem with lunch is that 1pm is harrys colic time. He wakes for a feed and wont stop crying until about 3pm. But we leave to take jake to preschool at 12.20 and i dont get back until 12.40. so i have literally 20 mins to make and eat my lunch or else i dont eat. Would really like to be able to make it in advance so just have to eat it when i get back before harry starts.

March 12th, 2012, 01:31 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Robyn, what about pre-chopping ingredients for a salad? Store them in the fridge and then they're there when you need 'em. Same with fruit; you could pre-chop it and then it's easy to grab.

I've done lettuce wraps before too. I'll make up some tuna or chicken salad at the beginning of the week (or you could even just do deli meats) and then at lunchtime, dish some up on a huge piece of lettuce, wrap it up, and you're good to go.

March 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I second the salads..i have turned into a pro at eating them since i can do it one handed lol
March 12th, 2012, 02:08 PM
ohh and another great thing for the bread Sara Lee has this 45 calorie per slice bread....its yummy!!

March 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Just checked the supermarket website kristy, not available here.

I do buy ready made and washed salads (dont have time or energy to chop them myself!), but i have 1800 calories to fill each day so i try to aim for about 400 at lunch time. salad and some sliced meat and dressing is about 150!
I am going to have some baked potato, feta and pesto tomorrow with my salad. gonna make a crustless quiche too, which should last for a few days and would go nicely with some salad.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions girls, i know it sounds like i'm shooting down everyones idea, but i do appreciate it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search