Medical question

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 07:24 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Parents whose kids have had a tonsillectomy, what was the deciding factor as to why the needed it?

My gut is telling me the Nathan's throat should not still be looking like it does. He has been on the antibiotic for one week today and it seems like he feels worse. He is complaining about breathing a little too but I think that may just be faking cause when I look at him he is breathing fine. I know my sisters kids (at least 2 of them) have had theirs removed and I don't remember it being something that was put off or an on going thing. It was like they went to the doc, doc said a tonsillectomy was needed, surgery.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
March 13th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no experience in this....I was jw if you have taken him back since the meds dont' seem to be working?

March 13th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners Mommie +2 View Post
I have no experience in this....I was jw if you have taken him back since the meds dont' seem to be working?
No I have not. i have not even called yet because I figure they will tell me to wait until the medicine is all gone and that will be Friday. Not sure if I'll call Friday or Monday, or sooner.

March 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I am currently waiting for an appointment to have mine taken out. The deciding factor was to have frequent bouts of tonsilitis. I've had it 6 times in the past 2 years.

With my most recent bout, i was given amoxicillin, and i never really felt 100% better. 2 weeks later, infection back with a MAJOR bang. thought i was going to die, way worse than the first bout. was given different antibiotics, was back to normal in 2 days. I would phone and ask when he should be feeling better with the meds and say that he isnt. the poor little dote.

March 13th, 2012, 09:57 AM
mom2xander's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2xander Send a message via Yahoo to mom2xander Send a message via Skype™ to mom2xander
I almost needed mine taken out. I was getting tonsillitis a few times a year. I was told if I had it one more time within 4 months, I needed them removed. Not sure if this helps... but it generally has to do with how often there are issues.

March 13th, 2012, 10:33 AM
ah ok....very true. When I get strep (don't know the difference in strep and tonsillitis) I always feel better by the 3rd dose of antibiotics...not great, but better. I never end up taking the whole prescription....shame on me! LOL

March 13th, 2012, 07:42 PM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
3OhioBoys, I am so sorry to hear your son is still not better after taking the medications. I remember responding to your post about him having strep, and my daughter had swollen/red tonsils as well. My daughter had to get Cednifer last week and after the 2nd dose it was clearing up.

My hubs had his tonsils removed in 3rd grade. He hasn't really said much to me about it. I hope your little guy doesn't have to have surgery but maybe you can see if the doc will try a different medicine on him before even suggesting surgery?

I wish your little guy luck and hope he does get better!
March 14th, 2012, 12:09 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Raleigh just had her tonsils and adenoids removed a couple weeks back. we did it for sleep reasons though.
March 19th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Well, finished meds on Friday. This morning throat was still swollen. Called Pedi and they have sent ordered for a repeat culture. If it's positive we will do a different antibiotic and if it's negative we will be sent to ENT. We have 2 weeks until spring break and I hope that IF he ends up having them removed that we can do it then (but I doubt it).

March 19th, 2012, 02:49 PM
That would definitely be convenient....not for him though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search