Hi Mom!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
According to a survey by Ovarian Cancer Action, the average woman will spend 4 and a half months of her life, talking to her mom on the phone.

Most women phone their mom once a day and talk for 21 minutes. One in three phoned 3 times a day and talked for over an hour.

How often do you phone your mom?
How long do you talk to?
How often do you phone your dad?

March 14th, 2012, 11:44 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
hmm my mom i dunno a couple of times a month? we talk anywhere from 10mins to an hour during those calls....my dad? hardly ever...usually when i am asking him a question about something LOL....he has never been a big talker....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom and I talk probably 4-5 days a week. Anywhere from a quite 5 minute "how are you" to about 30 minutes of gossip.

I usually only talk with my dad when we are planning something or if we need something form each other. Maybe 1 time a month.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
March 14th, 2012, 01:43 PM
luv2bemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you phone your mom? I don't. She might call me once a month or once every other month.

How long do you talk to? Usually around 30 minutes.

How often do you phone your dad? Again, I don't. He drunk dials me all the time but I only answer if it's early in the day before the drinking gets bad. I might talk to him once a month or so.
March 14th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I talk to my mom 2-3 times a day sometimes it just good morning, have a good day other times she lets me vent so its longer,
My dad died when I was 13 but if he was alive we would talk a lot too

March 15th, 2012, 06:25 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I talk to my mom once a week, usually for a good hour or so to catch up on whatever's new.

March 15th, 2012, 08:58 AM
LindsayMom09
I talk to my mom every day on the phone and although I really do love her to bits, I would prefer to talk a lot less. She phones at the most inconvenient of times for me and expects me to talk for about an hour. I just don't have that kind of time during the day, every day.
March 15th, 2012, 10:59 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I talk to my mom on the phone aout 3 times a week. We talk for about 20 mins. But i see her the days we dont talk on the phone and we chat for about 2 hours.

I talk to my dad on the phone about 3 times a day. We talk from anything from 5 mins to 2 hours. I spend alot on phone calls to my dad!

March 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
My younger sis fits that category LOL.

I call mom once a week, unless there is a serious something that went down and I need to let her know.
We talk for about 20 mins, on average. Its rare I can talk longer usually my kids wont hush up long enough for me to have a decent chat with her LOL.
I dont talk to my dad via the phone. I email him like once a month. He decided several years ago(1998) that his new wife was more important than keeping a decent relationship with his daughters. We didnt talk for like 3 yrs but then we started talking via email again and sending gifts at Christmastime. So thats how its been for the last 3-4 years and it works just fine.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually talk to my mom every day, but they are usually 5 minute or less conversations. Something I might need to ask or something like that. Once in awhile we will chat for up to half an hour, but not often. I rarely talk to my dad on the phone, and never for more than about 5 minutes.

March 15th, 2012, 09:00 PM
MammaHutch
I talk to my mom everyday to every other day, and its for like 20 minutes or so. My Dad, maybe like once a month for like 2 hours.
March 16th, 2012, 02:22 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
My Mum & I talk every day. Whether it's by text, seeing each other, facebook or phone!
My Dad lives in Australia & it costs a bit to text him a lot, so I only text him every so often. We email & facebook sometimes though! Getting a laptop soon so we can Skype and he can 'officially' meet Eve!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 16th, 2012, 08:58 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How often do you phone your mom? Every week or two? She works full time, if she were home during the day I would probably talk to her a lot more
How long do you talk to? Hmm, anywhere from 20 minutes-1 hour
How often do you phone your dad? Almost never. He calls me once in a while

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search