What do you do with...

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheOnlyPink
  • 1 Post By MammaHutch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
What do you do with all the things your kids grow out of?
Have you ever sold anything on ebay?

March 14th, 2012, 10:54 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
they get handed down through the kids...and when helena outgrows them usually i bring the decent things to goodwill or if i know someone who has a young daughter i will ask if they want them...the nasty stained stuff i just trash or turn into rags
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They get handed down. Once Grayson is done with them the one's that survive go into my yard sale or donate bag. Currently have a LOT!

Forever remembering your smiling face.
March 14th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just posted her exersaucer on CL and her clothes I either give away or donate to goodwill.

March 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Craigslist, throw away, donate or hand down to someone else.
March 15th, 2012, 07:49 AM
LindsayMom09
Everything that Harvey has outgrown over the years are in our roofspace in labelled cardboard boxes (0-3 months, 3-6 etc) just waiting for number 2. If number 2 is a girl, we will donate everything to charity.
March 15th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If they're still good I donate them or give them away. I've considered a yard sale but I never manage to put one together lol

March 15th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
If they are stained or torn then I toss them.
If they are in decent shape then I donate them.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 15th, 2012, 09:44 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I have so much stuff to get rid of and i just didnt know what to do with them. I donate clothes, but we have things like a crib etc. But a friend of mine has added me to a facebook buy sell swap group in my area, so hopefully I can get rid of them. I would give them for free to someone in need, but if i can get money for the items, why not!
ComfortablyMum likes this.

March 15th, 2012, 01:00 PM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually try to sell the ones in good shape. I need money wherever I can get it. If I can't sell them, I'll give them away, but I try first.

March 15th, 2012, 07:52 PM
MammaHutch
Ugh this is a touchy topic for me right now. I have a few bags with things that Drake no longer fits in and I just cannot part with anything. I dont want to turn into a pack rat but its SOO hard to get rid of stuff. I am going to take a few key items and make a blanket with them, but I know there will be some leftovers and I just dont have a clue what I am going to do with them.
ComfortablyMum likes this.
March 16th, 2012, 01:14 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I have sold a couple of Eve's clothes she no longer fits, but most I have kept as they are all too cute to part with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyPink View Post
I have so much stuff to get rid of and i just didnt know what to do with them. I donate clothes, but we have things like a crib etc. But a friend of mine has added me to a facebook buy sell swap group in my area, so hopefully I can get rid of them. I would give them for free to someone in need, but if i can get money for the items, why not!
I am joined to about 5 of those Facebook groups where you can sell / buy baby stuff! It's GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaHutch View Post
Ugh this is a touchy topic for me right now. I have a few bags with things that Drake no longer fits in and I just cannot part with anything. I dont want to turn into a pack rat but its SOO hard to get rid of stuff. I am going to take a few key items and make a blanket with them, but I know there will be some leftovers and I just dont have a clue what I am going to do with them.
Me toooo! I have put aside a few of her items that I just CANNOT part with OR cannot bare to cut up for a quilt... I can't even bring myself to cut up the clothing I don't mind not keeping LOL... oy!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I had a lot of stuff given to me, so that stuff I will try to pass on to another FTM when we are done having kids (jumperoo, exersauser, bottles, etc). But other big things I will try to sell. Stuff like clothes I will give away.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search