baby talk!!!

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have any of you had an issue with a child suddenly talking "baby talk"?

I am about at my wits end with Jakob and his baby talking crap. It started a month or two ago when he had a cold and has not stopped. I even talked to his teacher about it and she says he does not do it at school so that makes me even more annoyed. I know he is fine, yet he is talking like this, to the point that he is not saying words, just mumbles that can not be understood.

Okay, think I will call his teacher again just to make sure since it was two weeks ago that I asked her about it.

Please help me someone!

Forever remembering your smiling face.
March 16th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Honestly am not sure what Id do.

I might try not answering him except to say that unless he speaks correctly and pronounces words like a big boy I cant answer him.

I know when my boys were younger and saying stuff Id tell them to be more clear so I knew what they were saying and that worked for them.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 16th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Okay, just spoke with his teacher. She said he never does it at school. Asked about changes at home and suddenly I remembered that my babysitting changed at the first of the year and she is now here 2-3 days a week when he gets home. So his teacher wonders if that change as well as just wanting more attention is the reason. She said to try to get one on one time with myself and DH as well ask ignoring it. We will see I guess. But I feel loads better that it is not happening at school as well.

March 16th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Glad its not happening at school too.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 16th, 2012, 09:34 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Elyse will revert into "baby talk" sometimes not to where i cannot understand her....but the tone of her voice and stuff...its real irritating...i ask her how old she is and then tell her if she wants to act like a baby i'll treat her like one....ie giving her a bottle of formula...hahaha that pretty much stops that right in its tracks...
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 16th, 2012, 06:03 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Hopefully he stops doing it soon. I can see how it can be annoying - especially since he doesn't do it at school! Eve is only 11 weeks old so is still baby talking so I am not much help, sorry!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 16th, 2012, 11:09 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Yup, Raleigh has been sucking her thumb and talking like a baby this whole past week. I was trying to get her to stop but now i just ignore it and when she sucks her thumb i say "oh i see the baby needs to go to sleep, only babys suck their thumbs. come let mommy rock you to sleep" etc something like that..i know sounds harsh but once she sees me talking/treating her like a baby she spits out her thumb and stops. i think it embarrasses her.
March 17th, 2012, 02:07 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
huge ditto to van! jake started it when harry was a few weeks old. so i started telling him it was nap time, that babies had naps, that he couldnt have is favorite fooods cos babies cant eat that, that i needed to put a nappy on cos thats what babies did.
i also emphasised what big boys get, cooler toys, stay up later, nicer food etc.

he stopped it fairly fast, cos in his words "its no fun being a baby!"

hope you get to the bottom of it soon hun, its so bloody annoying. but its great that he doesnt do it in school!

March 17th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Jakob would just cry if I told him he's a baby, lol. He has become so darn sensitive. I did do a meany mom thing and told him that he may not be able to get a 5 year old birthday party because he does not act like he is 5... so mean!

Hopefully he turns this around fast!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search