siblings...

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
are you the oldest youngest or in between?
do you have brothers or sisters? both?
do you get along with your siblings?
does your dh/so get along with your siblings?

what about your dh? same questions!

or are you an only child? do you wish you had siblings?

for me i am the youngest...i have 2 older sisters no brothers
i dont really get along with either of them...i talk to the oldest every now and then....
but since i moved the gap has widened between us...an the other one i haven't talked to in almost 2
years! and thats fine by me!! i really cant stand her!! she is such a drama queen and is not
happy unless someone else is miserable...
and dh doesnt' really get along with either of my sisters...but thats fine haha

dh is the oldest of 3 boys....he gets along with both of his brothers...im kinda jealous actually LOL
his brothers are like my brothers...they are more llike my siblings then my own sisters. sad huh??
heck his family is more like my family then my own family...they are so close and family oriented...i wish mine was like that ohh well least i have his family!!!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I am the second oldest of 4 girls. No brothers.
We get along just fine. We've had our moments but always get back to decent territory.
DH doesnt like them LOL. He has issues with each of them, like he thinks one is too high and mighty, the other is just a big ole lazy brat(that would be the youngest and she doesnt like him either so they just dont go near one another LOL) and my older sis he likes ok except she annoys him but she annoys us all so that isnt odd.

As for my hubby:
He's the oldest of 4 boys. He doesnt talk to any of them. They lost track of one another after their mom died in 1998 and they pulled a bunch of crap so he cut ties with them.
In January 2009 I found them via MySpace and we got to communicating again and hung out with the brother just younger than him(found out we lived in the same city).
Anywho, the two youngest were in other states but came to visit twice during the year we talked and stuff.
Then in mid-2010 when we had to leave our home and couldnt help his brother out anymore they stopped talking to us and moved away without telling us where they went and stuff. So we dont speak to them anymore.
The youngest two we know where they are and I keep tabs on them via FB. They dont talk to me much nor ever call or write but such is life I guess. They cant get anything from us so they barely communicate. Their loss.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 16th, 2012, 10:53 AM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am the oldest. I have a half brother who is 2.5 years younger, and a half sister who is 10 years younger. I get along with them better now that I'm grown up and out of the house. We used to fight constantly, especially me and my sister. She is such a little brat. I know that's awful to say, but she really is...spoiled, entitled, nasty little teenage girl. My parents never follow through with punishments with her, so she knows she can get away with anything. Dick really doesn't know my family at all since I've stopped taking him anywhere. All he does is sit in a corner playing with his DS or phone, doesn't talk.

SO is the oldest as well, he seems to get along with his siblings pretty well. I haven't met them much, but they seem all right from when I have.

March 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I am the oldest. I have a brother who is 19 months younger than I am and a Step sister who is 7 years younger than I am. I get along with my brother now, we didn't growing up. My step sister and I haven't talked in many years because she made some choices in her life that I didn't approve of and she basically wrote me off. DH has only met my step-sister once, so he hasn't had a lot of time to get to know her. He does get along with my brother, I think since they are both in the military.

DH is #3 of 4 kids. He has 2 older brothers and 1 younger sister. He does get along with all of them, which is nice because they can only get together with everyone every few years. We are in California, his sister is in Oregon, the oldest brother is in Utah, and the second oldest brother in in England. Luckily we were all able to get together in July when we went up for a visit and everyone was home at the time.

Last edited by seabeesgirl; March 19th, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
March 16th, 2012, 06:06 PM
mom2xander's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2xander Send a message via Yahoo to mom2xander Send a message via Skype™ to mom2xander
are you the oldest youngest or in between? oldest
do you have brothers or sisters? both? sister
do you get along with your siblings? not lately. she doesnt care a whole lot about our family right now.

March 16th, 2012, 09:09 PM
MammaHutch
are you the oldest youngest or in between? I am the oldest. DH is an ONLY child and would not have it any other way. He got all the attention. lol
do you have brothers or sisters? both? I have 3 brothers.
do you get along with your siblings? Yes, very much so. I talk to them every single day.
does your dh/so get along with your siblings? Yes, they are his other best friends, because I am the number one bff!
March 16th, 2012, 11:06 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i am the oldest and i have two younger brothers. one i have not seen in 8 years and probably never will again (he has a different mother and who knows where she took him.) my other brother i do not get along with at all so we dont talk. i wish so badly i had a sister or heck even one sibling i could talk to but it didnt happen for me so thats life..gotta just move on.
March 17th, 2012, 02:01 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
are you the oldest youngest or in between? Me and dh are both the eldest.
do you have brothers or sisters? both? I have one brother and one sister. Dh is the eldest of 3 boys.
do you get along with your siblings? Ya, we arent close or anything, but we dont not get along. I get on better with my sister, she is 15 and hilarious. she adores my boys so i see her alot more than my 21 year old brother.
does your dh/so get along with your siblings? He gets on really well with my brother. they are both into the same kind of things and my brother is actually one of those really nice guys, so its hard not to get on with him!

DH isnt very close with his brothers, but they all love getting together at christmas and family occassions. I dont really get on with either of them. they arent very nice people. I'm sure i have mentioned the youngest brother on many occassions here. He is an asshat.

March 17th, 2012, 07:05 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
are you the oldest youngest or in between? In between
do you have brothers or sisters? both? 2 older brothers & 1 younger brother. No sisters
do you get along with your siblings? Yep
does your dh/so get along with your siblings? Yup!

SO has 1 younger brother and that's it

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
are you the oldest youngest or in between? There are 4 of us and I'm the younger of the middle children.
do you have brothers or sisters? both? I have a sister who is 14 years older than me and I have/had 2 brothers. My older brother died when I was 16 (exactly 11 years ago today) and my little brother is 21 months younger than me.
do you get along with your siblings? I'm the only one that gets along with the other siblings. My older brother got along with all of us too, but the oldestand youngest don't get along at all.
does your dh/so get along with your siblings? My sister adores him and my little brother gets along with him really well too. In fact, my little brother is probably closer to DH than he is to my dad or sister.

what about your dh? same questions! DH is the youngest of 2 children. He only has an older brother who is 3 years older. They get along really well and we hope to move near them someday.

March 18th, 2012, 06:45 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Quote:
Originally Posted by acupofjoe View Post
i am the oldest and i have two younger brothers. one i have not seen in 8 years and probably never will again (he has a different mother and who knows where she took him.) my other brother i do not get along with at all so we dont talk. i wish so badly i had a sister or heck even one sibling i could talk to but it didnt happen for me so thats life..gotta just move on.

that is sad van....have you tried looking him up on facebook?
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 18th, 2012, 08:11 AM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
are you the oldest youngest or in between? I'm the oldest

do you have brothers or sisters? both? I have 2 brothers, one is 28 and the other is 30.

do you get along with your siblings? Nope, I don't make contact with them at all and don't want them in my life. My 28 yr old brother is super super weird, and I don't want my daughter around him period (I don't feel it's safe for her to be around him) and my 30 yr old brother takes after my mom, thinks the world revolves around him and you can't tell him he's wrong because he's always right in his eyes. So I haven't seen either for almost 2 yrs now and I plan to keep my side of the family away just way too much drama.

does your dh/so get along with your siblings? He doesn't like anyone from my side of the family and I can't blame him. The second oldest in the family screwed over my FIL by not paying 6 months of rent and then up and moved and took stuff from the house they were renting off my FIL. I'm talking about stuff that was in that house before they showed up. We tried to help them out but then they would want more or get mad if we didn't help them. My hubs hasn't met my father because he passed away in 2000. I didn't meet my hubs until 2001.

what about your dh? same questions! Well My husband has a younger brother who is the same age as me. They aren't close close but they do get along for the most part. I think his brother is ok, he's better than any of my brothers. Hubs family well his mom and step dad are pretty cool and my FIL is ok sometimes too but like I said they are better than the family card I was dealt with and I'm very lucky to be married to their son.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search