Diet trends

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 2 Post By TheOnlyPink

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2012, 02:50 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Have you ever fallen into one of the many "diet trends" that appear every few years?

Grapefruit was huge a few years ago, and remember when everyone was on low carb? Green tea is huge at the moment. I'm hearing alot about Paleo diet atm. South Beach was another big one a few years back. Dont special K have a "challenge" where you eat nothing but cereal for 2 weeks to drop a dress size?

Have you ever done any?
Did they work?
Would you ever consider trying one?

March 17th, 2012, 07:00 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I have not tried any, and would not consider it. I believe that any weight loss program needs to be healthy, incorporate whole foods, and be sustainable. So I have stuck to things like weight watchers and myfitnesspal.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
no i do not or will not consider them....simply because DIETS DONT WORK!!! period....eating cereal for 2 weeks?!?! and then what happens when you start eating real food again? you gain it ALL BACK....you can't eat cereal for the rest of your life!! you need to have a whole lifestyle change not diet

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 17th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am embarrassed to admit I jumped on the Atkins bandwagon when it was all the rage. I did drop 19 pounds in 2 weeks. But then the headaches started. Plus....how can it possibly be healthy to eat bacon at every meal?!!?!? And a diet that tells me I can't eat any fruit?!?!?

I would do Weight Watchers again. But not any of the crazy fads.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
March 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I've never actually tried any diet, ever. I know that I never will either. I believe that a healthy lifestyle is all you need to keep fit and lose a few kgs/pounds! Oh and a lil bit of exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallinWoman View Post
I am embarrassed to admit I jumped on the Atkins bandwagon when it was all the rage. I did drop 19 pounds in 2 weeks. But then the headaches started. Plus....how can it possibly be healthy to eat bacon at every meal?!!?!? And a diet that tells me I can't eat any fruit?!?!?

I would do Weight Watchers again. But not any of the crazy fads.
WOW yum bacon!!!!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 18th, 2012, 03:39 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I think it depends on the person. I wouldnt agree with any of the ridiculous ones like eating nothing but cereal for 2 weeks, or the beyonce maple syrup diet, but I do know alot of people who have had so much sucess on things like south beach and even tho they have lost the weight they still live by the philosophy because it makes them feel good.

My dad does a low GI diet because he is diabetic and thinks its amazing. He has lost weight as a side effect, but he does it because he feels so good eating that way. He can still eat whatever he wants, but just adjusts his carb intake to allow for it. just like people calorie counting really.

I think if people use their common sense and if its livable and healthy, then they should do whatever makes them comfortable. Anything that drops whole food groups or tells you not to eat whatever you want, or causes you to drastically lose weight is not a healthy way to live imo.
youngwoman and *Kiliki* like this.

March 18th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have not tried any crazy and unhealthy diet plans. A couple years before I became pregant with my now 5 year old I did Jenny Craig and that worked pretty well. Now, I count calories.

March 18th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did try the Special K diet for about four days. It was miserable! I didn't need to lose a huge amount of weight, so I think I was just looking for something fast and easy. Most of the time, when I've felt the need to diet, I've just counted calories. I know lots of friends who have had success with Weight Watchers, but my understanding is that's just a modified way to count calories .
March 19th, 2012, 06:21 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, never have and never will. They don't work!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search