Are you ok?

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2012, 02:44 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Are you ok?
What are you struggling with atm?
Let it out, maybe someone else here is going through the same thing and can help! it can be anything from getting your child to sleep at night or to balancing the weekly grocery budget, or picking some new meals for a meal plan, or how to get your husband to help out around the house!
No matter how big or small, if you wanna share, please do! Get it off your chest!

March 19th, 2012, 06:08 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I am pretty okay atm....really nothing i can complain about....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 19th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Struggling to wake up in the morning. Damm time change. Baby crying. DH had a long weekend at the Marine Corps.

Already one of those days.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

March 19th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All is okay here for now.

March 19th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
My list is always the same.

Emotions and stress from dealing with hubbys cancer and his emotions. Dealing with my sons Ulcerative Colitis and behaviorial issues(sees a counselor next month). BIL who wont find a job and is leeching more and more every day til Im going mad(and no only DH can kick him out thats been established for a long time now).
Two other kids misbehaving cuz of their own way of letting stress out and watching their older brother.

So some regular life stuff, some not so much but all maddening. Add that to waking up every day around 430a(going to sleep around 1030p) and being the only one up and at 'em with the kids til 11a(kids get up around 630a, 7a if Im super lucky) and being the only one who cooks, runs errands, and deals with 99% of the kids issues and needs and 99% of the housework...Im pooped too.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~

Last edited by Amaranth Dhanya; March 19th, 2012 at 06:33 AM.
March 19th, 2012, 08:35 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
I'm pretty peachy at the moment!

March 19th, 2012, 03:02 PM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My relationship is miserable, and there's nothing I can really do. We had a big talk last night and didn't really get anywhere. I have no money, so I can't leave. There's no way I can afford to live alone. I am just plain tired...mentally, emotionally, physically. I feel like I'm drowning and not sure how to stop. I'm just being whiny...I'm sure it's not all that bad, I'm just so tired of my life. Everything is a struggle, nothing ever comes easily and I am having a hard time coping lately.

March 19th, 2012, 03:15 PM
LindsayMom09
Aww I'm sorry to the ladies finding it hard. That made me very sad to read. I really hope you both find happiness in some form and soon. Big hugs
March 19th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Baby View Post
Struggling to wake up in the morning. Damm time change. Baby crying. DH had a long weekend at the Marine Corps.

i hope your day got better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMySonshine View Post
My relationship is miserable, and there's nothing I can really do. We had a big talk last night and didn't really get anywhere. I have no money, so I can't leave. There's no way I can afford to live alone. I am just plain tired...mentally, emotionally, physically. I feel like I'm drowning and not sure how to stop. I'm just being whiny...I'm sure it's not all that bad, I'm just so tired of my life. Everything is a struggle, nothing ever comes easily and I am having a hard time coping lately.
im sorry!!! *hugs* like the blinkie in your siggy says "one day at a time" thats all you really have to do...live for yourself and that beautiful boy of yours!! things WILL get better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post

Emotions and stress from dealing with hubbys cancer and his emotions. Dealing with my sons Ulcerative Colitis and behaviorial issues(sees a counselor next month). BIL who wont find a job and is leeching more and more every day til Im going mad(and no only DH can kick him out thats been established for a long time now).
Two other kids misbehaving cuz of their own way of letting stress out and watching their older brother.

So some regular life stuff, some not so much but all maddening. Add that to waking up every day around 430a(going to sleep around 1030p) and being the only one up and at 'em with the kids til 11a(kids get up around 630a, 7a if Im super lucky) and being the only one who cooks, runs errands, and deals with 99% of the kids issues and needs and 99% of the housework...Im pooped too.
sorry things are so tough....how come your dh wont kick him out?!?! you need to take a day off and do something fun for YOU! *hugs*

March 19th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm sorry....I feel like this is something that us SAHM's will always have hanging over our heads. The what if things don't work out....then what??
Quote:

I'm sorry hun! you definitely have a lot on your plate!!!!

I'm struggling with being pregnant!!!! I'm so uncomfortable and in pain and I just want it over with already!!!
We're also struggling with Conner being 7 and still wetting the bed and having accidents during the day (not tooooo much, but sometimes). We went out and bought him some of the goodnight underwear...which are NOT like underwear...it's basically a big pull up. He didn't want to put them on last night, and I had to explain to him that I wasn't trying to embarass him or make him feel bad, but it was too hard for us to change his sheets every other night on his top bunk and until he learned to stop peeing in the bed, it's what we had to do!

March 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Baby View Post

Huge massive hugs to you hun. Its hard enough to have a new born, but on your own, when he is fussy and on your own is really poopy. Hope your day got better!

Quote:

I wish i had something good to say, but i just wish i could give you a huge hug and take over for you for a few hours while you got a break to forget about it all for a while.

Quote:
My heart just goes out to you hun. I cant imagine how hard things are for you right now. Its hard being in a stale relationship, but not having a way out must be so destroying. Chin up sweetheart, it will get better.

March 19th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Our posts crossed jen! I'm sorry to hear you are having a tough time with the peeing! but tbh it sounds like you did the right thing. if he doesnt like the goodnight underwear then he knows what he has to do!

I'm struggling with harry. He cries so much and i just dont know what to do to make him happy. He doesnt seem to be in any pain anymore, but if i do things slightly wrong, he goes mental! eg if i hold the bottle differently then he wont drink it and will just cry. If i leave his bouncy seat in the wrong place, he goes mad.
But on the other hand, when he is happy and things are as he likes them, he is so smiley and happy, he "chats" and laughs and loves play time. I just struggle so much every day here on my own. and the worst thing is people dont believe me when i say he cries so much, because they see him when he is happy, either in the morning or late afternoon. My mil was taking care of him today and admitted that she thought i was exagerating.

I just want to make my little boy happy.

March 19th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners Mommie +2 View Post
I'm sorry....I feel like this is something that us SAHM's will always have hanging over our heads. The what if things don't work out....then what??

I'm sorry hun! you definitely have a lot on your plate!!!!

I'm struggling with being pregnant!!!! I'm so uncomfortable and in pain and I just want it over with already!!!
We're also struggling with Conner being 7 and still wetting the bed and having accidents during the day (not tooooo much, but sometimes). We went out and bought him some of the goodnight underwear...which are NOT like underwear...it's basically a big pull up. He didn't want to put them on last night, and I had to explain to him that I wasn't trying to embarass him or make him feel bad, but it was too hard for us to change his sheets every other night on his top bunk and until he learned to stop peeing in the bed, it's what we had to do!
not much longer now and the baby will be here!!!

have you talked to his doctor about the bedwetting? maybe its something more than needing to learn to use the bathroom at night?

March 19th, 2012, 06:22 PM
LindsayMom09
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyPink View Post
I'm struggling with harry. He cries so much and i just dont know what to do to make him happy. He doesnt seem to be in any pain anymore, but if i do things slightly wrong, he goes mental! eg if i hold the bottle differently then he wont drink it and will just cry. If i leave his bouncy seat in the wrong place, he goes mad.
But on the other hand, when he is happy and things are as he likes them, he is so smiley and happy, he "chats" and laughs and loves play time. I just struggle so much every day here on my own. and the worst thing is people dont believe me when i say he cries so much, because they see him when he is happy, either in the morning or late afternoon. My mil was taking care of him today and admitted that she thought i was exagerating.

I just want to make my little boy happy.
Oh Robyn I'm sorry your trying to deal with that When Harvey was a baby he was exactly the same. Cried and cried all day long no matter what I did to try and calm him! While your there on your own it really can drive you insane. Then when someone says they think you are exaggerating it can make you feel so inadequate. I have been there. All I can say is that he will grow out of it sooner or later. Hopefully sooner of course! Huge hugs to you
March 19th, 2012, 11:40 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I am NOT ok with all of this da*mnn colic...i feel like i can feel my blood about to burst at times. (if it gets that bad i obviously put her down and walk away) but seriously i am the only one home for 10+ hours at a time with her and the other two kids...its all i hear ALLL.DAY.LONNNNNNNNNNG and all night long. We are on our third medication for the acid reflux and its not working so we are back to the doctors this week. I can not take another freaking second of it..i actually snapped tonight and morgan thought i was a crazy person, lol..heck i thought i was a crazy person. after listening to her cry non stop for 7 freaking hours, stopping for 1 second to breathe every couple of minutes and morgan finally got home from work i was so soo done with the crying that i set her down and screamed at the top of my lungs. i feel like an idiot now but at the time i wanted to punch or throw something but instead i screamed..which none of those are ok but i just cant take it anymore. All she does is cry and nothing helps her. i tried changing diapers, taking clothes off, putting clothes on, bottle of formula, nursing from me, binkie, no binkie, swaddle, no swaddle, walk outside, car ride, shhhhhh in her ear really loud, bath, laying naked on the floor, bouncing her, swing, gripe water etc and not a dang thing helped her today and to top it off i had tristan hanging all over me and raleigh throwing multiple fits so after today i am just SO freaking done. i feel horrible for screaming like i did and i honestly think i scared everyone in the house but its just to much to handle the crying all day. i thought raleigh had colic bad...HA what a joke. I have never in my life seen a baby cry as much as tyler does and all we get told is oh its severe colic it has to pass in time. OK well its been 2 months straight of her screaming for 5-8 hours at a time EVERY SINGLE DAY. my sanity is long gone!!

please dont think i am some horrible mom or person..thank you for letting me vent it out. i hope yall understand after this long of crying and being pretty much the only person to deal with it that any normal person would feel like they cant take it anymore. i promise i am not some horrible mommy that screams at her kids all day every day, lol. today though i was a horrible mom and i did yell not directly at them but they were in the house and now i feel like a jerk
March 20th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Im sorry about the bad colic Vannessa...only thing I remember being told about it is turn on the vacuum. For some reason that helped.

*hugs* to everyone!

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 20th, 2012, 06:25 AM
to Robyn and Van....im so sorry you have to deal with colic NO FUN!!!! *hugs* Helena had a bit of it when she was a baby....the crying can be very nerve wracking!!! i hopoe it passes for both of you soon *hugs*

March 20th, 2012, 06:35 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Robyn and Van, I can imagine how exhausted you both must be. It's so hard to deal with a crying baby, where nothing seems to help. And Van, don't feel bad. I've had days here and there where I've let out a scream too. Not my proudest moments, but sometimes you just gotta let off some steam before you burst!

Many, many HUGS to all of the ladies going through rough times right now.

March 20th, 2012, 11:32 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Hugs to everyone! I hope all you mamas who are in a bad place find peace soon!

I am really struggling with the transition into parenthood. Some days are better than others. My daughter is not a good sleeper. I don't believe in sleep training, so i am clinging to the hope that in time it will just get better. That is my only problem right now, is having a hard time in the evenings getting her to sleep, and staying asleep for more than 30 minutes.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM
CassCramer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer
Many of you know I started having to work fulltime. Xander's dad doesn't pay child support, I got tired of the way this baby's dad was treating me so ended that... but he still lives here and I can't kick him out until I can afford bills without him. My morning sickness has gotten worse, I started throwing up and it's happened at work too, but if I take even one day off they'll cut my hours. I applied to work as a nanny on my days off (1-2 days a week) and if I get that I might be able to pull it off... so I'm hoping things turn around soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search