Lifestyle Change

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LindsayMom09
  • 1 Post By Fluffy Baby
  • 1 Post By Fluffy Baby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM
MammaHutch
My whole life I have not been a huge fan of steak. I would eat like, ehhh maybe once every couple of months and I would never finish it. I dont eat any meat on a bone or if it has fat on it. I also do not eat ANYHING that once lived in water. When I was pregnant the thought of eating meat was just not happening. I thought it was beyond gross. I have been doing alot of research these past few months about meat and how its processed, etc. I have made my FINAL decision (a little while back) that I will NO longer eat meat at all. I dont crave it, the look just turns me off. The smell, the word "meat". When I hear that I think of human flesh for some reason.

With that being said, my brothers gf is a vegitarian and I have tried her "fake meats" and that is some of the most disgusting things I have EVER tasted in my life!

I do not like beans like most vegitarians eat. Never have. Even the smell makes me sick. Im hard huh?!

So I eat mainly veggies, salads, fruits and things like that. But after a few salads with peppers in it and stuff like that I get bored. Anyone have food ideas for me?
March 20th, 2012, 05:37 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
hmm toughy....im a meat girl through and through lol.....have you tried looking online for vegetarian dishes? there is probably loads of dishes out there for you to try...just gotta find something you like!!
i find most of my recipes here Allrecipes.com - recipes, menus, meal ideas, food, and cooking tips.
Vegetarian Recipes - Allrecipes.com

is your dh a vegetarian too?

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 20th, 2012, 05:51 PM
LindsayMom09
Good for you on making that decision I am not a big meat eater either, and I really wish I could go all veggie, but I just couldn't never eat chicken for the rest of my life!

I recommend allrecipes.com too. My friend is a vegetarian and she eats mostly things like pizza, noodles, veggie stir fry, baked potato, veggie curry...there really is so much variety out there!
MammaHutch likes this.
March 20th, 2012, 07:41 PM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
Veggie Lasagna!! I eat meat but the sound of Veggie Lasagna makes my mouth water...make it like regular lasagna boiling the noodles but instead of meat add green peppers, mushrooms and onions...Yum Allrecipes.com is the best site to get ideas..and there is an app for that ha ha
March 20th, 2012, 09:13 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
you sound like me, lol..not even kidding! its hard to come up with meals for myself and most the time i wont eat what i make for everyone else. (morgan loves mear!)
March 20th, 2012, 09:21 PM
MammaHutch
Thank you ladies. I will have to check out that website.

Kristy, yes DH is a veg as well.

Chicken. I dont wanna make you get all grossed out! I did some research on chicken 2 days ago...and yeah... Did you know they soak chicken in aomnia to make it white then inject it with "chicken" flavor for taste?... gross. From what I read they said that store bought chicken has such a foul taste that consumers would not buy it thats why they inject it.

I dont know. I just feel like meat is not for me anymore. Like I said I have never been a huge meat eater anyway so this is not a major change. I just dont like to eat the same 5 things, kwim?
March 20th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Depends on the meat you are buying if that happens or not. I don't buy commercial meat. I love meat and would never give it up.

GL!
I have no experience veggies meals.
*Kiliki* likes this.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

March 21st, 2012, 12:55 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
these are AMAZING!!!! Dhivya's Cuisine: PF Chang's Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps(
March 21st, 2012, 02:37 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I'm not a vegetarian, but I have friends who don't really eat meat (do on the odd occasion) so I know there are many different foods to eat that are sooo yum! I've tried a couple myself. I think the above links to recipe sites are the ones we use

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 21st, 2012, 06:07 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
I used to be vegan before i learned that the way american meat is produced was stopped here in the EU back in the 1980s. Even cheap meat here is so much more ethical than the meat available in the states. anyway, I wont keep going on about it, but i do agree with your choice 100%, i would be vegan if i lived in the US.

There are tons of recipes out there, here is my favorite one (cos they have more vegan recipes than other sites) VegWeb.com - Vegan Recipes and Cooking Tips

I want to give you a piece of advice tho hun, and i hope you dont think i am preaching! You need to find a protein source that you like. without meat, beans or any other "vegetarian" type food, after a while you will be constantly hungry and you will feel like absolute crap. Experiment with different types of beans, tofu(as disgusting as that seems, there isnt actually any taste off it, its almost totally flavourless, you flavour it with marinades. vegweb has a gorgeous recipe for a peanut curry. feels like chicken!), check labels and get the highest level of protein in cheeses and greek yogurt, add nuts to your salads, try different types of nut butters (almond... omg! ), quinoa is a complete protein, and if there really is nothing you like, think about a protein powder. You cant do without it, and there are sooooo many sources to chose from, its not all beans and lentils!

good luck hun!

March 21st, 2012, 08:15 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
But the thing is, just because you live in the US, you don't HAVE to eat mass produced meat. There are thousands of local and organic/natural farms to buy meat from. Support your local farms, because if you don't it will not be around for long.

Or you can grow your own
*Kiliki* likes this.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

March 21st, 2012, 01:36 PM
MammaHutch
I have thought of raising my own meat in the past. I was raised like that. My grandfather raised all his meat and veggies. But I cannot eat something I feed, kwim? And I just cant eat meat now. It sounds SOOOO gross.

I also do not like tofu. I am just to picky.
March 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Baby View Post
But the thing is, just because you live in the US, you don't HAVE to eat mass produced meat. There are thousands of local and organic/natural farms to buy meat from. Support your local farms, because if you don't it will not be around for long.

Or you can grow your own
TOTALLY agree...we are actually gonna be getting our own pig this year stock my freezer up with that and we have local butchers who sell beef i want to order a quarter cow or we buy from Trader Joe's
quote from them...and its true...i know someone who works there he is high up in the chain there so i know this is 100% true same goes for all their meat...its 100% natural no hormones no nothing as is the rest of their food there
Quote:
Our all natural beef comes from cattle that are raised without the use of antibiotics, synthetic hormones or other growth stimulants—ever. They're fed a 100% vegetarian diet, resulting in well-marbled meat that's tender and flavorful.

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search