playdates gone bad

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2012, 01:12 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
this really wasnt a "playdate" but there were other kids around. anyways what would you have done in this situation? I took the kids to a restaurant with a play area and this mom who of course was on her phone and not paying attention at all got up in my face and told me my kid was a *f*cking brat and then stormed off all because my kid pulled her kids hair one time. The rest of the time her little precious innocent child was hitting raleigh, pushing her and just being a bully to her so finally raleigh had enough and pulled her hair. That is the ONLY time her mom looked up from her phone and it was as my child was pulling her kids hair. Sooo of course mama bear came out in her and when i nicely reminded her that her daughter was being a bully and how my daughter and myself had asked her a couple times to please stop and leave her alone yet continued on doing it that is when she said that about raleigh, grabbed her kid and stormed off. I was sort of shocked from it because it all happened so fast. I mean i know two wrongs dont make a right but seriously this was ridiculous. This kid was about 4 years old with a binkie still and there she was bullying all the other kids, not letting them get through or to play anywhere and not keeping her hands to herself. This was hours ago and i am still upset about it.
March 24th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Id have said "well we tried a few times to get your child to stop bullying the others in the play area but that was unsuccessful and we couldnt get your attention cuz you were on the phone so the kids handled it themselves".

Then Id let her have her tizzy fit and walk off. It would bug me but sometimes you have to let the kids work it out for themselves especially when the other parent(s) arent paying attention to what their kids are up to or they are and just dont care.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
March 24th, 2012, 07:06 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
kids are kids....they do have to work it out for themselves sometimes. and i would have let into her about her not even paying attention to her kid and told her that maybe if she spent more time watching her kid and less time ignoring her and being on the phone maybe she'd have better manners than to bully other kids around
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 24th, 2012, 12:51 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
stupid people

there isn't really anything you could do. You did the right things by trying to stop it and good for your child for defending themselves.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
March 24th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would have laughed in her face. That is the way I am. I would have literally LOL and spit on her a little. Then I may have tried to squeeze out a fart. Seriously. I am nasty like that.

She was being nasty, so I would too honestly. I may have called her a few obscenities too. My fav is the 4 letter c word.

I have no tolerance for parents like that and I am as nasty as they are.

Kids are kids. Don't be upset about it. Thicken that skin girl. You find those parents everywhere and I try to be just as nasty as they are. My body repulses broads like that.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

March 26th, 2012, 06:58 PM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Baby View Post
I would have laughed in her face. That is the way I am. I would have literally LOL and spit on her a little. Then I may have tried to squeeze out a fart. Seriously. I am nasty like that.

She was being nasty, so I would too honestly. I may have called her a few obscenities too. My fav is the 4 letter c word.

I have no tolerance for parents like that and I am as nasty as they are.

Kids are kids. Don't be upset about it. Thicken that skin girl. You find those parents everywhere and I try to be just as nasty as they are. My body repulses broads like that.
LOL...I had to reply but your comment was awesome..I prob would have tried to squeeze one out too ha ha.

Anyways you can't say much to that person when she thinks her daughter is an angel and naturally if her eyes were on her child rather than on her phone she would have never walked up to ya and said that. Sadly I see this kind of crap all the time. We had an incident at my daughter's friends party at a Mc'D's play area where this kid was on one side of the netting and my daughter was looking through the other side and that P.O.S hit my daughter square in the nose. I was so pissed...my daughter ran to me crying and I had witnessed it myself but since the kid was a different color (sorry but had to put that in) I didn't feel safe telling his mom that her kid hit mine.

I just told my daughter that the kid was a punk and that she was ok since there was no blood but I think if her nose was bleeding I prob would have taken the chance to confront his mom who happened to be in the other part of the restaurant while her kid done whatever. This all happened last year and I still remember it vividly because I badly wanted to cuss his mom out but I had to let it slide. I have said things before at a playground when kids would push my daughter and I flat out told that kid "That wasn't a very nice thing to do" and said it loud enough for the parents to hear.

You done right though...you'll prob remember that day for a very long time like myself.
March 26th, 2012, 11:47 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Thanks girl and Leann i freaking love you You are awesome girl!

That is one of the main reasons i HATE to go anywhere public because seems like a lot of the parents dont watch there kids. they are either on the cell phones or staring off at whatever and if you dare say anything to the child that is being a butthead then they either still ignore it or act like this woman did and go all crazy. I am not a very nice person when things like this happen and i can have a temper but i try to keep it cool as well. I will always say things to the child being a brat and after awhile if it still goes on ill say something louder like hey you in the pink skirt STOP kicking my son in the head or ill find your mom...lol. So loud enough where the parent will hopefully hear since i dont always know what kid belongs to who ya know. I hate drama and trouble and when i take my kids out to have fun and play and something like this happens it upsets me for awhile and makes me not want to go out again anytime soon...I know my own kids have been the bully at times like raleigh has a problem sharing but i pay attention to my kids and she gets one warning and if she does it again she gets to sit out on the side with me while brother keeps playing and to bad for her. It might sound harsh but i dont want my kids to be the brats at the playdate, park or wherever we may be at the time. Its just frustrating because i know all kids have there moments but goodness ive been to a couple of play areas or playdates and i see it all the time where the moms/dads are doing whatever and then the kids are being mean to others. I swear next time this happens im going to say something to the parent like can you watch your kid for the whole whopping hour you are here, it wont kill ya to put the phone down for 60 minutes.
March 29th, 2012, 04:32 AM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by acupofjoe View Post
Thanks girl and Leann i freaking love you You are awesome girl!

That is one of the main reasons i HATE to go anywhere public because seems like a lot of the parents dont watch there kids. they are either on the cell phones or staring off at whatever and if you dare say anything to the child that is being a butthead then they either still ignore it or act like this woman did and go all crazy. I am not a very nice person when things like this happen and i can have a temper but i try to keep it cool as well. I will always say things to the child being a brat and after awhile if it still goes on ill say something louder like hey you in the pink skirt STOP kicking my son in the head or ill find your mom...lol. So loud enough where the parent will hopefully hear since i dont always know what kid belongs to who ya know. I hate drama and trouble and when i take my kids out to have fun and play and something like this happens it upsets me for awhile and makes me not want to go out again anytime soon...I know my own kids have been the bully at times like raleigh has a problem sharing but i pay attention to my kids and she gets one warning and if she does it again she gets to sit out on the side with me while brother keeps playing and to bad for her. It might sound harsh but i dont want my kids to be the brats at the playdate, park or wherever we may be at the time. Its just frustrating because i know all kids have there moments but goodness ive been to a couple of play areas or playdates and i see it all the time where the moms/dads are doing whatever and then the kids are being mean to others. I swear next time this happens im going to say something to the parent like can you watch your kid for the whole whopping hour you are here, it wont kill ya to put the phone down for 60 minutes.
I so feel ya on this subject it's a subject I could talk to you about for hours recollecting everything that has happened ever since my little girl was able to walk and go to the park to have fun. It is sad some "moms" "dads" are too busy to look at their little ones in a public place. And like you, I don't want my little girl to be the bully or a brat when we are out. We actually take the time to teach our kids it's not nice and you'll always have one parent out there who just don't care what their child is doing. I would be too scared to not have an eye on my kids while we are out. It only takes one second of not watching for someone to walk right up, scoop them up and walk away with a kid.

We are so on the same page, if my daughter acts up while we are at a friends house, park or play area at a restaurant....she's getting a time out and I usually make her apologize to the kid she was playing with when she started acting up. I congratulate you on stepping up and being one of a few who would actually go up to someone and say "put your phone down and watch your kid". Burns my butt this happens all the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search