Done with having babies

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2012, 08:44 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
Do you ever get questions from family/friends about having more children?
Do people accept that you are done or do they say you will change your mind?
If you do/dont experience that, do you think your age is a factor? is the amount of children you already have a factor?

March 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Noone bugs me. The fact that we said we were done, our family was complete, and my tubes got tied when my youngest was born could be a factor in not being bugged LOL.

My sis gets questioned tho, she's got 5 daughters and gets it a lot cuz she's not said one way or the other(and now she's preggers again...shhhhh dont tell). So, Ive seen it happen just not to me.

My age could be a factor since Im 39 and was 35 when my youngest was born. But really, anymore people accept much silliness in the age department when it comes to having kids so it probably didnt factor as much as some might have thought.
March 25th, 2012, 11:48 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you ever get questions from family/friends about having more children? all the time
Do people accept that you are done or do they say you will change your mind? they think we want to try for a girl... annoying. Can't we be happy with 3 boys? And w/ people we are close to I remind them that my tubes are tide!

Forever remembering your smiling face.
March 25th, 2012, 01:20 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Do you ever get questions from family/friends about having more children? no more like they think they can TELL US we are done.
Do people accept that you are done or do they say you will change your mindwell we are done because we want to be done. we think three is the perfect number of children for OUR family..my mom only has two kids and morgans an only child so our parents all compare us having three kids as if we had 20, lol. so they think we should stop having kids..which we are but not because of them or what they want/think we should do. we are done because we feel complete.?
If you do/dont experience that, do you think your age is a factor? is the amount of children you already have a factor?
March 25th, 2012, 02:12 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I'm going to answer this because we are still on the fence about having #2.

Our parents would LOVE us to have #2, and we would love for Eve to have a sibling, but with money situations, it may make it financially hard for us.
Who knows what the next two years will bring though! Maybe we will fall into some funds

Money is not the only reason we are on the fence about it though. Eve has severe reflux and up until 6-7 weeks it was pure hell trying to get her to settle. We are not sure we want to do that all over again! Of course she is sooo worth it, but we will see.

We have no preference of age gaps between children, but I think Eve should be at least 2-3 yrs old before we have another

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

March 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM
MammaHutch
I have been asked before, and I know my mom would like more grandchildren but I am done. Yes after having one, I am done.

Drake was planned. DH and I didnt want kids for a long time. Then we did, and we had hoped that it would be a boy. We had the name Drake picked out for years. Then we finally decided it was time, and we got our little boy. And now we feel as if our family is complete.

The thing with us is that, we dont want to divide our time at all! I dont want to miss an event because maybe both kids have an event at the same time. I dont want to ever take my attention away from Drake. I believe he deserves ALL my time.
March 26th, 2012, 04:59 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
we dont really get it from family....sometimes friends asking if we are gonna try for a boy or not....and the answer is no....and even if we wanted to we can't now LOL

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 26th, 2012, 05:23 AM
TheOnlyPink's Avatar .... In a house of blue!
We get asked when we are having our next baby all the time! harry isnt even 4 months old!!!
They dont believe me when we say we are done. Everyone says that because we are so young, my clock will start ticking and we will have another when i'm in my 30s. I dont doubt my clock might tick, but i certainly wont be doing anything about it!
My dad is devastated that we arent having more and keeps saying about how great i would do with 3! my mom agrees that 2 is perfect for us.

March 26th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, because everyone pretty much knows how traumatic ttc, being preg, and delivery was for me and my body.

Actually, we are trying for number 2 and people are telling me maybe I shouldn't. Last preg I had gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia, renal failure, and needed a blood transfusion. 37 hour labor ended in c-section....before the c-section I had to be given oxygen since I was out.

I have high blood pressure now and am taking methyldopa 3x per day. This is a blood pressure med they give already preg women so it's ok. All of my doctors have given me the ok....they've told me I'll be high risk.

This is why I've waited this long, Kayley is 5!

March 26th, 2012, 05:32 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It gets a lot easier to tell your clock to shut up as you age .

Forever remembering your smiling face.
March 26th, 2012, 05:38 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, we get questions from family, friends, and strangers and I do believe that's because we have only one child. Family is pretty respectful though - most of them asked if we'd have any more kids out of curiosity, not because they're implying we should have more. I do think my mom & stepdad would love another grandchild from me, but oh well. They'll have to wait for my sister or brother to get married.

Friends and strangers, I just shrug off at this point. So many people said we'd change our mind back was Leah was a baby... well, she turns 4 next month and though we did have discussions here & there about it, we ultimately stuck to our original feeling of one child being right for our family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search