Crafts

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LoveMySonshine
  • 1 Post By LittleGirl+TwinBoys
  • 1 Post By acupofjoe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2012, 10:05 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
How crafty are you? Do you make something new every week? Do you have anything on the go right now?

What about your LO's?

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 23rd, 2012, 05:07 AM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
I try to be crafty. Emphasis on try. lol
Right now I have do have an entry table in progress. We have the frame built, just waiting to put the top on.

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

June 23rd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do crafts with Kayley sometimes. I'm not that good; but, she doesn't know that...hehe. Nothing going on right now.

June 23rd, 2012, 07:04 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
im crafty when it comes to siggy making....thats about it....

im gonna TRY to be craft for Helenas birthday party this year.....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

June 23rd, 2012, 10:45 AM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am whatever the opposite of crafty is. I do not have a crafty bone in my body. Seriously, I fail at anything and everything requiring any creativity whatsoever. It's sad
ComfortablyMum likes this.

June 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The girls' "crafts" are usually cutting, drawing, gluing, painting and paper stuff. I have a box of random items and supplies that they have free reign of and they come up with the coolest ideas.

As for myself, I am kind of crafty but not very much so... there are tons of things I want to do, but don't have time. Browsing Etsy is torture because I want to do it all! My big thing is furniture, I love taking old furniture and refinishing/ fixing it to make it new again. I've done our dining set, a lamp, various small tables and jewelry boxes and I'm finishing up a china cabinet at the moment.

I also like sewing. I made Clarissa's entire nursery bedding set and curtains when she was a baby... Also just finished some 4th of July dresses for the girls made from my old blue jeans.

As for things I WANT to do... I want to crochet and knit, i used to know how to do that but haven't done it in years.... I want to get really good at sewing, and make quilts.... I want to take on a bunch more furniture projects and maybe sell them.
June 24th, 2012, 05:08 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am somewhat crafty. I love scrapbooking, so I get my creativity out there. I also tried to teach myself knitting earlier this year; I enjoyed it, just haven't picked it up for awhile since I've been doing other things.

Leah loves doing crafts, drawing, painting, gluing/cutting paper, etc.

June 24th, 2012, 11:06 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I have a few projects I want to start. I actually made Eve two headbands last night

The white one was made from my maternity tshirt and the pink one from a (new) pair of stockings. I need to get a clip-on flower or something for them

And the following are the ones I want to start!

These are used formula tins, decorated

And a bedroom door plaque (my cousin's fiancee made this one)

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 29th, 2012, 10:20 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I do a lot of different things, but most of the ones I've done lately have been for later homeschooling. I made a button snake, some alphabet tiles, and some colored wooden toys.

Here's the site that shows the wooden toys. I dyed mine using Food coloring and rubbing alcohol. I didn't want to spend the serious bucks on a non-toxic acrylic paint, so this was my "Em loves to put everything in her mouth, so I need it to be safe" solution. http://img3-ec.etsystatic.com/000/0/....245820119.jpg

October 15th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I*TRY* to be, I just started making tutu's I want to try and make hairbows, since I buy a lot..
I tried to do Halloween crafts with Audrey, but she is still too young to really get it.
But I do plan on doing lots of crafts with her thanks to pinterest lol
I also want to do more things for the house.
I made a shadow box of Audrey's first year things and it turned out really cute.

October 15th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I consider myself pretty crafty. It doesn't always turn out the best, but I really enjoy making things. I've made several things for Sophia's room already. My next project is making the crib skirt. I also want to make her a rag quilt.

I'm excited to do crafts with Sophia in the future!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby Landon in Feb!

{Our family blog}

October 15th, 2012, 03:46 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I love to scrapbook and make bows for my girls. I also really like painting (just the walls). Oldest DD loves crafts, she loves anything you color, cut, glue, glitter etc. DS likes to color, baby is obviously to young.
October 15th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't do a craft(y) thing every week. We give the kids art supplies/etc and let them play with that stuff for their crafts.

I sew, make hair bows, scrapbook, and a little bit of wood working. Nothing fancy. I've sewed the curtains for my house, made throw pillows for the kids, and made a couple hair barrettes for Squeakers.

October 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Veteran
I have a bunch of types of stuff I do. Not all at once, but here and there when I have time. Just a little bit of everything.I knit, sew, make soap, and lotion bars. I've started to look into ideas of things I want to do for my new house. Wish I had more time for this kind of stuff.

DD loves crafts more then anything probably. She paints, does beads, foam crafts, all of it. Once we get our craft room finished, I want to teach her to sew.

SAHM to Mercedes (4/8/05)

Last edited by WidgetMommy; October 15th, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
October 15th, 2012, 07:25 PM
LittleGirl+TwinBoys's Avatar Stay At Home Mommy of 3
The kids and I LOVE crafts. I like crocheting, scrapbooking, painting, drawing, and lots of other things. The kids have their own little craft box that they can use anytime they want.

A few "projects" of mine

Haileys room name plaque/ hair bow holder

Hailey's Tooth Box

The boy's name plaques

Our sign that is now hanging over our bed

Some of the crocheting things I have done

That is just what I have on this computer, I have also made a menu board for the kitchen, a weekly planner board for the whole family and I am working on a birthday board for the family and friends so we never miss another birthday
acupofjoe likes this.

Thanks to Vicki... 4 my beautiful siggy !!

[/CENTER]
October 15th, 2012, 11:53 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
That hat and blanket set..omg sooo cute!!! Makes me almost want to have another baby
October 16th, 2012, 08:03 AM
LittleGirl+TwinBoys's Avatar Stay At Home Mommy of 3
LoL Van, when I first did it I thought the same thing.... Don't worry the feeling passes j/k....
And also I promise I am still doing ur "pay it forward 2012" can you send me ur address on FB.. I believe I am finished with ur gift, unless I add a little bit more to it

Thanks to Vicki... 4 my beautiful siggy !!

[/CENTER]
October 16th, 2012, 09:12 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I guess I can be crafty but I don't do things I would like. I have nothing going on right now at all.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search