Time For the Beach (GTKY)

Forum: Stay At Home Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stay At Home Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 07:22 AM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
Bikini or one piece?
-Do you tan or burn?

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use?

-Do you currently have any tan lines?

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more?

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most???

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer?

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

July 9th, 2012, 07:28 AM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
- Bikini or one piece? I always wear one pieces, actually my current one is a maternity tankini that covers my belly, but it fits fine.

-Do you tan or burn? I can get a little tan but mostly I just turn red and/ or burn, but I alwyas wear SPF so I haven't burned since my 20s.

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use? Any kind, SPF 40 or 50 +

-Do you currently have any tan lines? Nope

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more? My face always gets moisturized no matter what.

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most??? It's been so long.... shoulders?

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer? Yes, because I have very fair skin.
July 9th, 2012, 07:40 AM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
Bikini or one piece? One piece.

-Do you tan or burn? I burn very easily.

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use? I use Coppertone SPF 20+

-Do you currently have any tan lines? I actually do; on my feet from my flip flops.

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more? I think I moisturize about the same.

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most??? My shoulders!

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer? Yes, because I am very fair-skinned and burn and freckle easily.

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

July 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bikini or one piece? One piece or tankini. Never been a bikini girl.

-Do you tan or burn? Tan

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use? SPF 15 and whatever brand is cheapest.

-Do you currently have any tan lines? Yep, from my flip flops!

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more? Nah, about the same.

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most??? Shoulders. Darn bra straps.

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer? Yep. Even though I tan easily, I wear a higher SPF at the beach than I used to when I was younger.

July 9th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I dont go out in a bathing suit but the few times I have its always one piece. I dont have a two piece body LOL.

I dont go out to the beach or lakes or swimming places so I dont have to worry about tanning lotion or sunblock. But when I was younger and went out I always used sunblock.

My grandfather had skin cancer a lot cuz of his time farming so we are very aware of the ease with which we can get it especially with our fair skin and family history. So we are cautious to put block on the boys if we are going to the park for a while.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
July 9th, 2012, 09:12 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Bikini or one piece? bikini..i didt loose 25lbs to wear a one piece lol
-Do you tan or burn? kinda both...lol

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use? at least 30spf

-Do you currently have any tan lines? yes

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more? hmm not really

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most??? around my bikini lines where its the whitest part of my body

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer? i always try to be careful
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

July 9th, 2012, 09:23 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Bikini or one piece? Definately 1 piece.

-Do you tan or burn? Tan

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use? I use SPF 30+, usually coppertone sport. But right now I have been using the baby's SPF 60 because it's all we have.

-Do you currently have any tan lines? Yes, I have an awful farmers tan, and on my feet from my sandals.

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more? No

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most??? Probably shoulders or neck

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer? No, I've always been careful.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
July 9th, 2012, 12:07 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Bikini or one piece? One piece with a cover-up

-Do you tan or burn? burn then tan

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use? SPF 45 or higher

-Do you currently have any tan lines? yes

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more? no

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most??? face or neck

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer? no

Leslie

July 9th, 2012, 05:37 PM
CassCramer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer
Bikini or one piece? Neither right now, in a maternity swimsuit lol

-Do you tan or burn? Burn a little, then fades to a tan (unless I specifically tan everyday for a short period of time, then I can develop a tan)

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use? 50+ I think

-Do you currently have any tan lines? I'm sure I do. I have gotten burnt just DRIVING here.

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more? Not really, almost always hot and sunny here

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most??? back

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer? Not really. I've always been cautious but not paranoid. I will go tan, but I won't go out without sunblock or if at a salon won't "over tan" - and always in moderation.

July 10th, 2012, 12:17 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Bikini or one piece?tankini before i got fat, lol.
-Do you tan or burn?i tan tan tan.

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use?none

-Do you currently have any tan lines?yep

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more?no

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most???i dont burn really.

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer?
July 10th, 2012, 07:32 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
I dont go out in a bathing suit but the few times I have its always one piece. I dont have a two piece body LOL.

I dont go out to the beach or lakes or swimming places so I dont have to worry about tanning lotion or sunblock. But when I was younger and went out I always used sunblock.
Glad I am not alone. I don't do the beach and I certainly don't wear a bathing suit.
July 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bikini or one piece? bikini or tankini
-Do you tan or burn? BURN

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use? I use 50 like my kiddo We just buy the target brand.

-Do you currently have any tan lines? Slightly b/c i did burn a little early in summer b/c i had no one there to rub lotion on my upper back when i went to the waterpark with Drake.

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more? not really.

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most??? my back or shoulders.

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer? Most certainly. Back in 98 I had a counselor at my high school that i was very close with die from melanoma.

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
July 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Bikini or one piece? Never a bikini but I do have a 2 piece and 1 piece lol.

-Do you tan or burn? With proper attention to my skin, I tan.

-What kind of tanning lotion do you use and what SPF do you usually use? I don't use tanning lotion but we use usually spf 30 or higher for our sunblock.

-Do you currently have any tan lines? Yep!!

-Do you moisturize your skin more when you are out in the sun more? No

-If you were to burn, what part of your body hurts the most??? Shoulders because my bra rubs on it =S

-Are you more careful now because of the heightened awareness about skin cancer? Yep!

Facebook

Tags
gtky

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search